Wednesday, October 19, 2022

You're Welcome

Our painted pumpkins were not dry enough to take with us yesterday, so we left them in the Community Room overnight.

Because we’ve had residents that aren’t terribly honest — will steal anything they can get their hands on, I went down to the Community Room and retrieved my pumpkin the minute the doors opened this morning.


Positioning the pumpkin at the entry door of my unit, I’m hoping it doesn’t attract ants or lizards or any other pesky little night creatures, or it will have to go before the Halloween season is over.

Of course, it is technically a lease violation to have anything on the porch other than a doormat, because management doesn’t want objects on the porch that a resident or visitor might suffer a trip and fall; but oh well. I think I’m safe from getting a notice for now, and I’ve positioned the pumpkin where it would be difficult to trip over.

Besides, if the chips were down, management would skirt around being sued by laying blame on ME for injury caused to anyone, and fortunately I've got rental insurance.

Commenter Paranormal John had requested a railroad spike be driven into that voodoo doll I mentioned.

A railroad spike being not readily available, I suggested a sharp hat pen but, with no hat pen available, I jabbed a rather large safety pin into the replica’s head.


That was three days ago, and today No. 45 was at last deposed in E. Jean Carroll’s defamation suit, which prompted news sources to chime in that No. 45 "likely experienced one of the more rotten days he's had in a while" and that his day "Went from bad to awful" by late this afternoon. And that’s because a federal judge ruled for the third time that documents 45’s former lawyer sought to withhold from the House Jan. 6 committee on the basis of attorney-client privilege must instead be handed over to congressional investigators.

I image that along about now, 45’s head is about to explode. So, you’re welcome.

Mildred’s challenge today (Day 10) was "A song that makes you sad".

John Michael Montgomery’s "The Little Girl" is a real tearjerker, covering the topics of drugs, alcohol, domestic violence and child neglect. Can't get much sadder than that.


14 comments:

  1. Sorry. Can’t do a sad song this morning. But the voodoo doll sure does make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were right to step away from that song. When the country station used to air it, I found it so depressing that I'd quickly turn off the radio so as not to listen.

      Delete
  2. That big safety pin did the trick! Jam it in a little further!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the voodoo doll is working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yipeeee! You made my day (probably week) with that LARGE safety pin. Let it do its work and we'll sit back and enjoy the proceedings.
    Thank you MUCH!
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that hideous creature should be burned at the stake but only after molasses is poured over him and fire ants are allowed to feast on him awhile. That goes for the thieves also! lol Glad to see you're keeping up with the songs! I love your selections!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today's song has got me thinking hard, because I don't generally get tired of a song. It's just certain singers I can't handle listening to.

      Delete
    2. I misunderstood the challenge. It's "A song you never get tired of", not a song you're tired of. Back to the drawing board.

      Delete
  6. Hope voodoo keeps working. If you have squirrels, they may start taking bites of your pumpkin, but the paint may not taste good. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squirrels are cute. Them I wouldn't mind though I've never seen squirrels on the property.

      Delete