Sunday, October 16, 2022

‘Twas A Dark and Stormy Night

Seriously, it was.

Up until late last night, it had been a simple rainy weekend — which was fine by me because I finally did not have to run the A/C all day to keep from passing out from the heat.

Being over income for HEAP (The Home Energy Assistance Program), I don’t qualify for a reduced rate on utilities. Consequently, running the A/C almost 24/7 during the intense heat has been costing me close to $200 a month.

So, anyway, late last night, there was a noise that sounded like the sky was breaking apart, followed by flashes of light and rolling thunder for the remainder of the evening.

Fortunately, there wasn’t a power outage to interrupt my electronic multitasking — TV taping of Midsummer Murders and Agatha Christie, while on the laptop catching up with Season 3 of Tim and Heidi’s Project Runway spinoff, "Making the Cut".

Seasons 1 and 2 were taped outside the country, but Tim and Heidi are taping in Los Angeles/Beverly Hills this season.

Los Angeles has become so dangerous, so crime ridden and Beverly Hills the target of so many Smash and Grabs that neither area is safe, even with security people. 

Though no incidents of trouble during taping were mentioned, that doesn't mean nothing bad happened, so I'm betting Season 4 will probably go back to being filmed outside the country.

Heidi must have a new Dresser this season, because she has been killing it with her outfits.






Season 1, I was rooting for designer Johnny Cota — he won. I actually don’t remember who I was leaning towards Season 2, but this time around I’m rooting for Yannik.

So, that brings you up to date as the fast-moving clock is pushing me into another Monday.

For those of you who read the last post, followed the link to No. 45’s voodoo doll, did you notice that when I stuck pins in his hands, I’d spoken the words "May you never tweet again".

If I’m remembering correctly, No. 45’s Twitter Account was permanently suspended shortly after.

He lost the ability to tweet.

Sooooo, can I take credit that the pins worked?

Following up on Debra's (She who Seeks) request to stick a pin in the doll for her, I jabbed his heart. There’s already a pin in that area, but maybe Debra’s pin will speed things along.

Saturday was Day 6 of Mildred’s challenge — "A song that makes you want to dance".

Most songs make me wants to dance, but the most fun is a song by country/western singer Walker Hayes that inspired last summer’s viral TikTok "Fancy Like" Dance Challenge and an Applebee’s commercial.


Today’s (Day 7) Challenge is "A song to drive to".

There are many songs I enjoy listening to while driving.

If the freeway is clear and I'm buzzing along, I enjoy fast and loud songs like Kid Rock's "Cocky", Nicki Minaj's "Starship" and anything by my girl Lizzo.

If traffic is bad, I go with slow soothing songs, like "23" by Sam Hunt and Jon Pardi's "Ain't Always the Cowboy".

Sam's song was used in Day 2's challenge, so today I'm going with Jon Pardi.


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sticking that pin in for me! I'm impressed that it was your voodoo that got Trump kicked off Twitter, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to chuckle at Heidi, thinking, for a fashion model, her personal style is scary as sin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im a HUGE BBC fan of any and all Brit Mysteries. I watch Agatha Christie, Poirot, Midsummer Murders, Frankie Drake, Miss Fisher Muder Mysteries, Inspector Morse, Rosemary and Thyme Grantchester, Father Brown, Vera, Doctor Blake....I enjoy Brit shows more than American tv shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you do another and stick a pin in him so he'll go away? I have never watched this show and I love fashion so it's odd that I haven't. I am not a big fan of Heidi's but I love Tim. I may need to try it again since you made me think I'm missing something. 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working hard on making him go away and I'm not alone. If you enter #trumpvoodoo on Instagram, you'll see others working hard as well, LOL

      Delete
  5. Perhaps our combined Hexes and Voodoo on 45 are manifesting some of his current woes... who knows... he needs to hurry up FOAD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The way it's looking, he himself is causing his own problems, but a little voodoo and hexes don't hurt :-)

      Delete