Thursday, October 27, 2022

Too Much of a Good Thing

There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Though the month of Halloween is my favorite, there has been just too much goodness what with a Spa Day, management hosting a Costumed Pumpkin Decorating party and the Mission Inn 5K.

I am exhausted and was very much looking forward to ending the frivolity with tomorrow’s costumed bingo, where I could sit, relax, just play bingo, but dressed as Batman.

Not gonna happen.

Red Light tells me bingo is out, yet another costume party, with food and games is in.

She said she’d even planned for pumpkin painting, like management did, but there wasn’t enough money in the bingo budget to purchase 20 or so pumpkins.

Thank the Lord for that!

She didn’t go into what’s on tomorrow’s menu, but assuming it wasn’t anything my sensitive stomach would allow me to eat, asked what she could bring that I could eat.

I appreciated the thought, and told her so but remembering I’d seen her kitchen, asked her not to worry about me, I’d bring my own.

So there I was in the kitchen, preparing veggies to make sushi for tomorrow and this commercial comes on.


I don’t mean to make light of anyone’s condition, but why did they have to demonstrate the condition with carrots? And why did the commercial come on as I was preparing to shred carrots for sushi?

Something I saw on TikTok turned me off strawberries; and now that commercial has me picking through carrots to determine which ones I won't eat because they look weird.


Day 18 of Mildred’s Challenge is "A song from a decade you were born".

With no memory of what songs were played in the household during that time period, I had to cheat and look up songs from that decade.

A song by Nat King Cole is kismet, because here he is singing about Route 66 back in 1946, when I was two years old, and here I am at age 78 living near/frequently travelling down the Corridor.


9 comments:

  1. LOL! So sorry your carrot is afflicted. Just think of Bobbit! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bobbited the weird looking carrots straight to the garbage disposal.

      Delete
  2. Well, at least you can wear your Batman costume, even if there's no bingo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last opportunity to cosplay for remainder of year. Except, I may wear my skeleton leggings to Monday's workout as that day is the 31st.

      Delete
  3. I will never tire of that song or Nat King Cole.

    That commercial is hilarious. I will never again look at a carrot in the same way... nor a penis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Never again look at a carrot in the same way" ... nor will I. At first, I thought the commercial was a joke, especially when I saw the name of their website is "BentCarrot".

      Delete
  4. I just saw a commercial on TV about erectile disfunction using lots and lots of different carrots. Your photo definitely reminded me of it.

    Nat King Cole had the most honey smoothest voice ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it was the same commercial? I agree about NKC's amazing voice.

      Delete