Monday, October 17, 2022

Custom (sic) Contest, Part 2

The respite from the heat didn’t last long. It was back to running the A/C today.

Talking to Trainer this morning, telling him about the little run-in with Black Witch, Trainer blurted out "She’s a Karen! You always wanted to run into one."

He’s right.

Because BW is a POC, I didn’t realize she’s a Karen in disguise. 

I’ve often wanted to run into a Karen, see how I’d handle it.

Done and done.

After this morning’s workout was my appointment with Assistant Manager to reup my lease for another year. Inasmuch as I am grandfathered in — insofar as my income is over the limit but no longer an issue, I don’t see the point of having to resubmit the requested paperwork, but I did. So that too is done and done.

While leaving Assistant Manager’s office, I spotted — through the Community Room door, a plant covered in spiderwebs.


Staff has begun decorating for tomorrow’s fall celebration — pumpkin decorating and Costume Contest.






Some of these old people are unbelievably uptight, so I’m not expecting many costumes other than mine and the Baker’s, but I’ll be pleasantly and happily surprised if I’m wrong.

Time will tell if this fall celebration is going to cost us, like the Luau did. I don’t think they can raise the rent twice in a one-year period, but who knows.

Mildred’s challenge today (Day 8) is "A song about drugs or alcohol".

No. 4, on the top 100 country billboard chart, is a catchy and cute little tune by Walker Hayes about a guy "Tryna stay out of AA".


I don't know much about cars, but I do believe Hayes is driving off in a DeLorean at the end of the video.

Sweet!

12 comments:

  1. Why do people, especially older people, not enjoy dressing up in costumes anymore? I don't understand it. I love dressing up and will do so at the drop of a hat. Often a witch's hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew. Maybe they're afraid of "looking silly" and end up looking like party poopers and old fuddy duddies instead.

      Delete
  2. I actually had to turn on the heat for the first time this season. 😬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've not yet got to turning on the heater, just two nights of wearing warm onesie PJ's to bed and now it's back to the A/C.

      Delete
  3. Here’s hoping management is throwing a party for the sake of the party. As for the car, yep, I too believe it’s a DeLorean. The imprint on the back of the car was a hint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I didn't see the imprint on the back. I was distracted by the way the doors opened and closed.

      Delete
  4. I hope the party is fun and people wear costumes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun AND surprise surprise they did wear costumes.

      Delete
  5. Guess I'm grumpy. Politics has worn me down so much, that I'm paranoid and concerned about the cobweb tree being SO close to the U.S. flag. Maybe I'm having flashbacks of evil DJT hugging / molesting a U.S. flag. But I'm definitely voting Nov. 8th (early in Kansas with NO questions asked.) Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not wrong. I've been having a bad feeling that things are going to go very very bad for us this next election, whether we vote or not, but I'm voting for the second time in my life because I've got to try to help turn this train around.

      Delete
  6. I Love Costume Parties, so I'd entertain myself at the expense of the most Uptight Attendees, winks. I affluent Subdivision Hell I used to Amuse myself at the expense of the pretentious neighbors, wicked Fun it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Amuse myself at the expense of the pretentious neighbors" LOL

      Delete