Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Beating a Dead Horse

It’s beginning to feel like I’m beating a dead horse to continue to go on about the snafu’s of Sunday’s 5K, but the snafus just keep on coming.

In an attempt to rebuild that which was never recorded, organizers sent us an email link to a form … "If you have a finish time to submit for your run or walk, please fill out the doc below".

Can you guess what went wrong with that?

If you guessed that the link was broken, went nowhere, you’d be correct.

I’m beginning to feel sorry for those in charge this year because, how embarrassing is this on top of everything else.

A follow up email with a working link soon followed, so I submitted what I thought the clock showed (58:35) just before I stepped over the line.

Wish I’d taken a photo of the clock, as I usually do but, so close to hitting 1:00, not wanting to go over and thinking my results will be on the computer anyway, I passed on pausing to capture a photo.

I imagine the next snafu will be that the usual Official Race Photo will not be forthcoming, that something went wrong with that part of the program as I crossed the finish line.

We'll see.

Woke up this morning to more news about Ye’s further downward spiral.

Adidas ended its partnership, The Gap will not be opening branded Yeezy stores, Instagram is deleting some of his content, Twitter has locked his account, Balenciaga severed ties and CAA (Creative Artist Agency) has dropped him as a client.

At this rate, Ye may end up on Skid Row, desperate enough for clothing to be wearing his own shirts — the ones the manufacturer dropped off.

What with Will Smith, Herschel Walker and now Ye/Kanye showing their ass (as my mother described Black men behaving badly), I just want to bury my head in the sand.

I’m halfway through Mildred’s 30 Songs in 30 Days Challenge. Today’s Day 16 challenge is "A song that’s a classic favorite".

When I think "classic", I think nostalgic, old Hollywood, and the first song to pop into my head is the Christmas song from Meet Me in St Louis.

10 comments:

  1. Boy, those 5K organizers are a real bunch of hopeless stumblebums, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what's happening. It seems that since the pandemic, I keep running into people that don't want to work, and people that work but can't do a proper thorough job of it.

      Delete
  2. Seems the folks in charge of the 5K have been hanging out with "men behaving badly." Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do feel for Ye. He is after all bi-polar. But the damage he has done and continues to do makes empathy nearly impossible. So many white assholes doing bad in our world, it's a shame just three black men can still take down a whole lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he lost his focus and support when his mom died ... while having plastic surgery If I recall correctly.

      Delete
  4. I wouldn't have known who Ye was unless I had seen people talking about him on Twitter. Sure seems like he needs some mental help and no one is trying to get it for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if no one is trying to get him help or he's so deep into his illness that he won't accept that something is not right with him. I'm leaning towards the latter. An egomaniac like No. 45.

      Delete
  5. That Judy Garland was a Classic. Keep the contest answers coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's turning out to be a lot of fun and great blog fodder.

      Delete