Friday, July 16, 2021

Sliding Backwards

Is anyone surprised that the mask mandate is being re-imposed?

Certainly not me.

Point of fact, I never stopped wearing mine, because I didn’t think we were completely out of the woods.

Is another shutdown soon to follow?

Looking at how it’s coming down so hard on the unvaccinated, I am glad — though I initially resisted, that I finally went ahead, got vaccinated and added that additional level of protection.

I imagine this sliding back into a mask mandate, and rising numbers is going to put a kibosh on the University and indoor mall reopening to walkers. So, unless the weather cools down, there will be no training for the upcoming 5K — which itself might get cancelled or I myself will decide it’s best to opt out.

Oh well, such is our new normal, taking it one-day-at-a-time, rolling with the ever changing mandates.

Running into Jan yesterday, I saw she not only had her two little dogs with her, but an additional two, same breed … whatever breed that is — Chihuahuas maybe.

It appears Jan is sliding backwards as well because, it was just a day or so ago when she said, because of the complaints, she wasn’t going to plant any more rocks. But there she was planting one of the larger rocks near the Laundry Room.

Rejoice Always

I’m not sure if Jan is one of those seniors who forget, or if Jan has decided to purposely defy Manager, but I’m leaning towards purposely defying.

Receiving a follow-up survey to rate “How Did We Do” on that request for maintenance on the kitchen faucet, I myself decided to, hopefully, cause Manager a bit of grief.

I couldn’t tell if the survey was from and going back to Management or Corporate or some automatic something that would end up in a Black Hole, but I filled it out and blasted Manager for my having to submit three/four requests before he put in a work order. I also turned the screw a bit by commenting, in the Suggestions that would enhance your living experience section that “Manager needs to focus more on what is important to be taken care of inside the units, rather than concern himself with getting rid of pretty painted rocks placed around complex by a resident”.

BOOYAH!

I remembered to ask Jan why it was that, until the painted rocks made me aware of her, I’d never seen her before … how long has she lived here?

”Two years”, said she, but she lived on the opposite side of the complex the first year. Then, she moved to this side, staying indoors until the lockdown was lifted.

The two extra dogs belonged to her ex-husband. He’d gone into hospital for a minor procedure, asked her to take care of his pets.

”You get along with your ex?” asked I.

”Oh yes. We’re good friends”.

Interesting. I wonder why they bothered to separate. My inquiring mind wants to know so, next time she brings him up, I’ll ask how it is they get along so well, are such “good friends”, but divorced.

And that’s the latest, as I head into another weekend, hoping that I don’t have to go anywhere, do anything.

I’m on pins and needles, as I await hearing what Victoria Secret Karen and Walmart Karen have to say for themselves.

12 comments:

  1. I had decided to start wearing a mask again, not wanting to infect others on the off chance I picked up a strange bug while traveling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better safe than sorry. I'm just hoping there's not another shutdown.

      Delete
  2. I never quit wearing a mask. When I go to a store there are still about 20% of the people still wearing them. Hopefully that number goes up, but I doubt it unless there is a mandate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is. The mandate goes into effect midnight tonight here. I imagine there will be fights again when someone is asked to wear a mask indoors, even if vaccinated.

      Delete
  3. We are vaccinated and feel very safe, BUT what about those who aren't? They can get sick and die. Such silly people. We continue to wear our masks. One reason being that I don't want anyone to think I'm a Republican! I read that somewhere and decided to take it as my mantra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty funny about those who choose not to wear masks being seen as Republicans, but I can understand how it would seem so.

      Delete
  4. I rarely see masks anymore, but a few people in grocery stores. Unvaccinated are supposed to wear them, but it's all on the honor system. As you say, one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just recently heard of forged vaccination cards being offered. If folks are willing to fake it, doesn't seem we can count on "honor". It's a mad mad world.

      Delete
  5. We are dropping all Covid restrictions here in the UK from tomorrow despite there being 50,000 new cases! Hubby and I shall continue to wear masks and social distance, don't think this is over yet!

    That video is unbelievable, the white woman keeps chasing that poor black woman around the store claiming she's being followed- what!? Be interesting to see the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was shocking, when I went to the market yesterday, and saw that most, staff and customers, were not complying with the order to mask up again, whether vaccinated or not. I too can't wait to see the outcome. I'd like to see both Karens charged with at least menacing.

      Delete
  6. Sometimes people can be friends and not romantic partners. My daughter and her ex (My grandsons dad) are like that. They are great friends and go out to eat with my grandson all the time. They text each other and talk on the phone all the time but they argued all the time when they were in a relationship.

    I'm the only one in my entire family that got vaccinated. I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting about the ex's. I didn't hate my ex. I just didn't like him, but tolerated him for the sake of our girls. I was, however, fond of the second wife that came after me. He hated that. He wanted me to be jealous. Guess he couldn't accept that I knew what an arse she was married to. LOL.

      Delete