Wednesday, July 28, 2021

All’s Well that Ends Well

Finished reading that old journal, 94 pages, single spaced.

It was a great read. Sometimes I was on the edge of my seat to see what happened next, because I’d forgotten so much.

It was like reading someone else’s life. Watching as the person grew strong, rose up, out, and got to a place where she was able to look down, watch as the toxic ones began to self-destruct.

Though the journal ended on a high note, I was sorry to see it end. There was more to come, and though what came after was not always pretty, it was never again as difficult to deal with because of what I'd learned, how I'd grown as the result of working myself through those years with the witches.

I had plans, once I finished reading the journal, to trash it. However, it was such a good read, and details so much of what I had to deal with in Corporate America, in order to raise my daughters — who didn’t always understand how hard life away from home was, and give me a break at home.

I don’t want to say I’ve decided to keep it around to guilt my girls for how they were when younger, but I’ve decided to keep it around so my girls can one day read and feel regret for giving me such a hard time. In other words, guilt them. LOL.

Going beastmode at the Pain Cave last week — not having a day to recover, caused an old right shoulder rotator injury to flareup.

I began thinking that I should probably go see the acupuncturist, in China Town, for a needle touchup.

I haven’t been in about five years, but I remember how terrifying driving in Los Angeles traffic was. There’s too much traffic and everything is fast, so I began looking for a local acupuncturist.

Checking online, I found one that appeared to be in a good location — just down the street from my dentist. I checked Yelp and saw the reviews were good, so I requested an appointment through the online set-up.

The next day, I received an email asking for my telephone number, that the acupuncturist would call me when he’s in the office on Monday.

I replied with my telephone number AND immediately, and every day since, I’ve been getting out-of-state calls on my phone from unknown callers.

I don’t answer, of course, but it just strikes me as odd that I give this guy my number and unknown callers follow.

THEN, I get a voice message on Monday saying the doctor is in his office until 1:00, call him to schedule. ONLY, it sounds like it’s coming from an answering service.

Sorry, if I sound elitist, but I was under the impression from the website, this was a thriving business. But the answering service called up an image of a hole-in-the-wall backstreet setup.

That, plus the unknown callers, gave me a weird feeling.

Not only that but, at one point, an image flashed through my mind.

The image was me lying on a table, just the acupuncturist and I in a small room, me immobile, unable to defend myself because I’m stuck with needles, while he molested me.

Now I don’t know where that image came from, why it popped up in my head, but I’m taking it as a warning.

I called the answering service back and said I would not need services of that acupuncturist, that I was going to schedule with the people I’ve used in the past.

I’m still not down for that long drive to China Town. I’ve not even checked to see if Dr. Chan’s office is still open or taking clients at this time.

I’m going to try sleeping in a shoulder and elbrow brace, to stabilize the areas at night, use pain patches in the day, see how it goes.

Once I get a chance, I might drive by the office of the local acupuncturists, as detailed on his website, to see what's actually going on there.

12 comments:

  1. Great idea to check out the joint by cruising by. Should be OK if the Yelp reviews are real, I don't know how one checks those but I believe they are.
    I am glad you are keeping your journal. You might want to reread it now and then just to remind yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad the witches can't read and see how they behaved in black and white. Towards the end, I tried getting through to them individually and collectively, with no success. Those who came after me were not as kind or as tolerant or as patient as I. Their behaviors were exposed and they became the butt of jokes and a sideshow, as their peers and staff watched in amazement. It wasn't difficult to pity them then and now. Those Yelp reviews did seem legit. If I see people going in/our and what looks to be female staff in the acupuncturist office when I cruise by, I might give him a try.

      Delete
  2. I read something today that mentioned, you'll never know how much you've forgotten. Good that you wrote things down and found the journals later. I bet it was a good read!
    I know a few people who swear by acupuncture, but I've never tried it myself. Seems you were smart to be wary of the new guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd kept journals for most of my adult years, but got rid of them when I thought I wasn't going to live past 35, because I didn't want my mother reading them. LOL. A good acupuncturist can work miracles. When I tore the rotator cuff, doctor wanted to give me shots, fill my body with drugs for frozen shoulder. One trip to the acupuncturist had me fit as a fiddle. When I had a problem with my knees that had me walking around like frankenstein, one needle session again had me fit as a fiddle.

      Delete
  3. Always go with your instinct. Think I'd give that local one a miss as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're about that. If something doesn't feel right, even if we don't know why, pay attention.

      Delete
  4. Just out of curiosity I looked up where you are located - always forget how big California is!). I have a nephew in LA who I hope to visit soon 🤞. I'm currently located in Suffolk UK. (Born in Wales, emigration to Canada and returned to England 7 years ago).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck visiting Los Angeles, it's a complicated city. Everything moves at a breakneck pace ... the traffic, activities, people aren't as friendly or as helpful ... probably because they are so stressed and distrusting. It's expensive and it is currently the epicenter of the homeless population.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you dodged a bullet with that acupuncturist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm still getting out-of-state calls. The more I think about it, I don't think it's the acupuncturist that started this, but his answering service. They must get paid for selling numbers.

      Delete
  6. Hey, a good Guilt should never go to waste my Friend! *winks* Besides, it was a good Read and it might be a good Read for other people too, so don't trash it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe a learning lesson for the grandsons not to complain just because the work is "hard" or they don't like taking orders.

      Delete