Thursday, July 15, 2021

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

That Virtual Scavenger Hunt I registerer for, back in May, never materialized.

The organizers promised a whole lot, starting with — 10 clues to solve that will lead to 10 destinations … we'll also have someone available via standard text messaging to guide you through each clue if you need help … upon completion of the Virtual Challenge, we'll send you Cool Around the World Medal, Cool Around the World Shirt, Tin of Cookies.

I should have been suspicious that registration was only $38.95, and not an organization I was familiar with, but I went ahead, registered, then waited and waited and waited for the packet to arrive.

The participation date of June 12 has now come and gone, and though I did receive those cookies, nothing else has materialized. So, basically, I paid $38.95 for a tin of cookies I can’t even eat.

With no response from the organizers as to what and why, I’m marking this one as lesson learned, fool me once. I won't be falling for participating in anything coming in with this organization's name on it again.

Speaking of liars with pants on fire … by now you’ve read about, or at heard about the meltdown of the Karen in the New Jersey Short Hills Mall’s Victoria Secret.


I learned a new phrase from reading comments on Twitter — “weaponized tears”.

1. She created a problem 2. She demanded staff “handle” Black victim 3. She played victim while controlling the narrative, escalating the scene at appropriate times 4. Called cops who coddled her, as she knew they would.

Twitter isn’t buying the mental illness excuse. Someone did some digging on her, found and posted a Cedar Grove newspaper article in which she was highlighted, entitled “Emotional Roller Coaster: Parenting — When Home Away from Home is Best”.

Apparently Karen has a brother with GI Issues, wears a colostomy bag and, indicated in the article, that the brother sometimes gets aggressive.

It's looking like Karen is mirroring her brother, for whatever reasons, in that she is also claiming, on her dating profile, to have GI Issues, that she wears a colostomy bag and, in the video, is literally imitating her disabled brother.

Looking at how fake she’s coming across, starting/stopping, looking for support, I believe it — that she’s imitating what she’s seen her brother do.

I don’t know anything about colostomy, and I’m hoping not to offend any reader with the condition requiring a bag, but I’m genuinely curious, because she’s wearing pretty tight shorts. Would a bag not show? And, with all that rolling around, kicking, would it not burst?

At any rate, can you imagine how this would have ended had the victim not pushed “record”?

As for what set Karen off, the victim asked Karen to step back six feet.

Then I wake up this morning to Walmart Karen in Moreno Valley, on the phone, calling the police, while following a Black man she’s accused of stealing her son’s phone.

Twitter users are great at sleuthing. They’ve already uncovered her name and place of employment.

Had she simply said, "Oh My God. I am so sorry" for humiliating him, it would be over. Instead, once she learned she was wrong, she told him to "Go F yourself" and now she has to deal with the tsunami coming for her.

I expect we’ll be seeing a tearful insincere apology any day soon now.

This stuff continuing to happen, and no one stepping up for the victim in public, seeming to side with the aggressor when it's a Black person involved, is so depressing, so demoralizing.

It brings up flashbacks to when I myself have been profiled.

We need to catch a break.

9 comments:

  1. I've been scammed several times on the internet. All you can do is chalk it up to experience and move on.

    I saw the first video but not the second. The first one is just bizarre. The second one... unbelievable that things like that are still happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess they don't watch the news, learn from the mistakes of others. But, as one comedian has said, "They gone learn today!" The after effects are going to follow for like FOREVER.

      Delete
  2. Sorry you got pretty much nothing for your $38.95. We have to be extra vigilant against scammers!

    I'd never seen that first video - disturbing, to put it mildly! I can't even predict what that Karen will do with the backlash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'd know all I was going to get was the cookies, I might have risked a gut episode and eaten them, instead of giving away. LOL. If these Karens can't stop themselves, least they could do is to say "I'm sorry. I made a mistake" and learn to mind their own business in the future.

      Delete
  3. Sorry about the scam but also the fact that it would have been a really fun activity for you if it had been for real. What a disappointment.
    I don't think I would have been able to imagine how bad those Karens were had I not seen the videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one would have believed if they'd not seen the videos AND even seeing, some don't understand WHY it's important to push "record", saying that when a person tells you to stop recording them, you should stop. I'm calling BS on that. We have to protect ourselves.

      Delete
    2. Absolutely and , as much as I hate modern technology, it is SO good in these cases.

      Delete
  4. I have a couple of friends named Karen. How did that name ever come to be associated with racism? It's appalling that the Walmart woman never apologized and threw a derogatory epithet at him instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question as to why Karen and who called it that first, but I don't think there's a good explanation, unless the first Karen to be called out actually was named Karen. And yes, an "I'm sorry" from Walmart Karen would have gone a long way.

      Delete