Friday, November 4, 2022

One for the Team

Waking up this morning, lying in bed trying to figure out what day today was before I got up, it was not a good sign that, upon realizing today is a Bingo Friday that I uttered "Oh NO!" out loud.

There were a million things I’d have rather done after getting out of this morning’s workout than spend time in the Community Room playing bingo — things like needlepoint, scrapbook, continue getting caught up on recorded TV programs, or make a run to the craft store for supplies.

I could have just NOT gone down there this afternoon but, having committed to taking photos, posting those photos to the seniors’ website, it would have been awkward not to show. Especially, since I left them high and dry by sneaking out early on them at the Halloween party. So, I took one for the team and headed down at 12:45 for 1:00 bingo.

Game 1 was already in progress when I arrived.

Though I didn’t win any of the games, I had fun and was glad I’d put on my big girl panties and gone.

The Talker showed up after being absent for weeks and weeks and weeks, and it was evident she’s STILL not speaking to Red Light.

Not only is that friendship over and done with because, per Red Light, the Talker told her she was "too stupid", but Talker tells me she may be moving when her lease is up in March if not sooner.

"Because of your downstairs neighbor?" asked I. (That downstairs neighbor being our Karen character).

"No. She’s actually not been that bad lately", said she. The move is about moving in with her daughter to help the daughter out.

I told her I’ll be sorry to see her go and even sorrier for whoever moves into the unit after she’s gone, because Karen will start her shenanigans all over again with the new tenant.

I was expecting the Pain Cave to be in disarray when I walked in this morning, because I’d seen a video Trainer posted showing the Pain Cave had experienced yet another break in.

Photo captured from Video

And just like the first time, they got in by breaking through the thick glass window and took nothing. The break in was yet again all about getting into the liquor store next door.

Why they try to get into the liquor store in this roundabout way is a mystery when it’s just as easy to get in direct route by breaking the liquor store’s thick glass window.

Unlike last time, the criminals were unable to break all the way through the wall, steal lot and lots and lots of alcohol and the cash register from the liquor store because Trainer had upgraded his alarm system to a silent alarm that went straight through to the police department.

I think Trainer said the alarm alerted around something like 2:15 in the morning.

The criminals must have had a lookout on the outside who saw the approaching cop cars because, by the time the cops pulled up, the criminals were nowhere to be seen — had made a hasty retreat.

Hopefully, now that the criminals know there must be an alarm to have alerted the cops so soon, that they'll have time to do some serious damage, but not enough time to accomplish their purpose, they’ll leave the Pain Cave alone, but two break ins is really going to cause Trainer’s insurance to rise through the roof.

By the time I’d arrived this morning, the window had been boarded up and the walls plastered already.



BTW, the Michael Cohen's Mea Culpa shirt I ordered arrived.

I wore it to this morning’s workout.


It’s a good fit but, if I can work it so it doesn’t ruin the shirt, I’m thinking of adding a press-on stencil to the back that says "Lock Him Up" to piss his supporter’s off coming AND going.

Mildred’s challenge today, Day 26, is "A song that makes you want to fall in love".

Of course, if you’ve been reading this blog for any length of time you know that life experiences have caused me to become completely jaded. That the word "Love" is no longer in my vocabulary.

I don't like the word. I don’t even believe in the concept. But for purpose of meeting the challenge, I’m going with the song from Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 where Bella married Edward.

And even there — though I know how the story ends, understand why things had to go the way they did, I still feel Bella married the wrong creature in choosing the cold dead vampire Edward over the warm comfortable werewolf Jacob.

I still even have my Team Jacob shirt.



6 comments:

  1. What a bummer for the trainer! Hope the liquor store owner knows what he goes through. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a close relationship with the former owner of the liquor store, who sold the business about six months ago and still comes in to assist the new owner. The former owner is the one who came in after the new owner alerted him to what had happened and he helped Trainer patch the walls.

      Delete
    2. Good to hear about the new liquor store owner. Makes that more bearable. I LOVE the song and Christina Perri’s voice. Nice way to start my day.

      Delete
    3. A few singers have covered the song, but Perri's voice is the perfect voice for it.

      Delete
  2. Maybe trainer can get the other owner to pay for some quarter inch steel plate to put on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'd have to do the entire wall because just like, you see the first hole in the wall didn't give them access to the liquor store, they started on a second hole looking to get through. If after the silent alarm brought a police presence and they still come back for a third time, Trainer would be better off moving to a different location,

      Delete