Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Rained In

Plan for today was to head back to the craft store, nab that coffee cup before they sell out — if they haven’t already, but it’s raining too hard to go anywhere.

The sky opening up, pouring out all this rain, is like an omen as to how I feel today’s election is going to end …… many of us in tears for years to come.

It rains so seldom here and, when it does, it’s not unusual to see it rain in the morning, see the sun come out in the afternoon, everything dry up to where one would never know it rained at all, so that can happen. However, barring a break in the rain, I won’t be able to make it to the craft store until Thursday.

Thinking I can probably just buy the cup online, I see I can … but not from that craft store because online is sold out already.

Evidentially, I ran up on this year’s hot ticket item.

Must be a lot of women out and proud about living the single lifestyle.

There was one other online option, but obviously the seller is aware the cup is a hot item, because he’s raised the price by an additional $15 over the craft store price.

That’s a nope for me.

Thinking back … when I abandoned my cart, I should have hidden the cup to be retrieved when I came back.

So, unless things change, Thursday will be my next try at that cup.

Speaking of lasts, today is the last day of Mildred’s 30 Songs in 30 Days Challenge, today’s challenge being "A song that reminds you of yourself".

Unlike my girl Lizzo, I was not born with confidence in myself — the "shine" she describes as causing those that come into her atmosphere to also shine.

I've slowly grown into my shine, have confidence in spades now, and this is how I currently see myself.


Not looking for a new challenge, I was nevertheless intrigued by TikTok’s Lucid Dream challenge.

The way it works is that when one is asleep, having a dream that feels vivid and real, but you know you’re dreaming, you are to attempt to interact with others in the dream — ask a question, preferably "What date is this?" or "What time is it?".

Some young people have reported success in asking the questions, with various reactions from those in the dream. However, I’m taking Judge Judy’s position on the veracity of young people these days — that "If their mouth is moving, they’re lying".

There is, however, one middle-aged guy who seemed credible when he said, upon asking his dream brother what time it was, he heard a head full of whispers that expressed concern he had become conscious and was starting to ask questions.

I found it terribly interesting and, inasmuch as most of my dreams are lucid, I’ve actually been working on trying to remember to ask the question for over a week, with little results. Except one time, when I realized I'd made it into the dream only to simultaneously become aware that I was inappropriately dressed.

Seated at a conference table with others, I was initially simply dreaming the dream, observing in a sleep state. Then I guess, it began to work that I became aware of dreaming and suddenly I myself was no longer observing but seated at the table.

At this point, I simultaneously became aware I was inappropriately dressed, had forgotten to put a blouse on, was seated in a bra; And not just ANY bra, but a brown bra that I actually own. Whereupon the woman seated on my right gave me a wrap to put around my shoulders, at which point I woke myself up from the dream altogether.

I think the bra thing was to block me/distract me. Consequently, succeeding in this challenge may take some time.

BTW, taking commenter Drum Major’s suggestion, that errant quilting needle now resides up the nose of No. 45’s voodoo doll … both the needle and thread that came with it.


12 comments:

  1. I hope the Orange Menace is feeling every one of those pins. I adore Lizzo. I wish I had more of that in me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listen to enough Lizzo, her sense of self has a positive impact on one.

      Delete
  2. Why can't you go anywhere if it's raining? Do you have an umbrella? I do not understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't you heard? Witches melt in rain, so we avoid it.

      Delete
  3. LOL! Ok - you must have a favorite bra, but heck, I don't like any of them! Your wonderful self and confidence beams off the computer monitor! Congrats for getting there! The voodoo doll is looking viscous: let that thread go to his mouth and sew it up! Enjoy the rain! Put a collection bucket out for some "free" water. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in his nostril, so maybe it'll stop his breathing.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for putting that needle to good use! FYI the store I hate to give my $$ to (HL) has your mug for $5.20 on their website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same racist, homophobic, antisemitic store I saw it in for $5.60, where I should not have been shopping, but sometimes (rarely) do because they have such cute things.

      Delete
  5. Good use for that quilting needle, LOL! And I hope the cup is still there on Thursday when you go. I very seldom have lucid dreams but when I do, it never occurs to me to try to interact with the dream characters. I should keep that in mind and try next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do let me know how it goes and be sure to wear your prettiest bra in the dream, just in case.

      Delete
  6. Anything sharp will do for that 45 Voodoo Doll, may he be feeling every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete