Saturday, November 5, 2022

Plethora of Gnomes

Today was the wrong day to go to the craft store.

Running 40% and 60% off sales on Christmas items, the store was packed.

I think I’ll start back to wearing a face mask when out and about because, though I only saw three people wearing masks, two of the three coughed towards me which made me think what I could have been exposed to had they not been wearing masks, that I’d better do so just in case someone coughs my way who is NOT wearing one.

That’s how Twin 2 caught covid — some old biddy coughed directly in her face (on purpose I surmised) while Twin 2 was wearing a face shield but no mask.

I only had a few items to pick up today, but the store was so beautifully decorated, had so many cute things to see, that I roamed around looking and taking photos.












They had several checkout lanes, all looking to be a mile long and not moving because folks had so much in their carts.

After half an hour with no progress moving forward to the cashier, listening to Mariah Carey sing All I Want for Christmas is You, I abandoned my cart.

I’ll go back on Wednesday, when things have calmed down, because that coffee cup is calling me — even though I need another coffee cup like I need a hole in my head.

Mildred's Challenge today (Day 27) is "A song that breaks your heart".

There are two songs that never fail to turn, even those of us who have the hardest of hearts and/or no heart at all, into a crying sniveling mess.

One of which was Day 10’s John Michael Montgomery’s The Little Girl, covering the topics of drugs, alcohol, domestic violence and child neglect.

The other is The Christmas Shoes by a Christian group called New Song about a little boy counting out pennies at the counter to buy his mom a pair of shoes for Christmas. When the clerk tells him "Son, there's not enough here", the boy turns to the next person in line, asks if the shopper can help him buy the shoes because his mother had been sick for a while, there wasn’t much time, and he wanted her to look beautiful if she met Jesus that night.

This that I’m posting is not New Hope’s version, but a cover by an unknown singer because I like this singer’s voice better.

I’m meeting today’s challenge, but I caution that if you don’t want to be reduced into a crying sniveling puddle, best to pass on listening.


16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the warning. I’m not listening to your submission to today’s challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, gnomes are EVERYWHERE now, aren't they? They're taking over the world!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evidently, because I don't recall ever seeing this many being offered before.

      Delete
  3. I am a sucker for Christmas shops! I have to be physically held back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is gnome season, afterall.
    I've heard the song about the kid trying to buy shoes for his dying mom. Nope, not gonna click that play button!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always revisit the song when you feel the need of a good cry.

      Delete
  5. I love that single all the way cup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd better go back sooner to get one before they sell out.

      Delete