Thursday, November 3, 2022

Lotto Fever and Bad Penny Part 2

And yet again, no one matched all six numbers to win last night’s Powerball, so now the pot has rolled over for like the umpteenth time to raise the pot to a massive $1.5 billion.

I wish someone would win it already so I can stop wasting money buying tickets in the hopes I’d be that someone.

Can you imagine that, when all is said and done, someone will win more money than they can ever want or need.

If I won that much money, I’d keep it anonymous and would be like secret Santa — paying off people’s mortgages.

I’d set up trust funds for nieces, nephews, grandkids, the great grand baby; do something for my twins — purchase homes, set up a business, whatever it is that they want.

There’s a guy in a rickety old wheelchair that I see pushing himself around the area of the market and Pain Cave with his feet.

It hurts me to see him struggling to get across the street and around the area peddling backwards with his feet.

Once, as I was driving back to the complex, I saw he’d gotten stuck on a curb and I didn’t see anyone around on the ground to help him get unstuck.

Not wise for me to stop in the middle of traffic, I drove on, turned into the complex driveway, drove out and went back to help, but saw someone had fortunately helped him out of his predicament. Probably someone driving by on his side of the street, that could just pull over, assist and go.

I’ve often expressed to Trainer that, if I had the money, I’d gift him with an automatic chair. So, that would be on my bucket list for the $1.5 billion.

As for myself, I’m satisfied with my life as is.

Inasmuch as the win would be anonymous, I’d try to stay put where I am, but I would get rid of my current medical provider, have money enough to find myself a caring private doctor, preferably one knowledgeable in the area of holistic cures.

Are you throwing your hat in the ring, buying tickets?

What would you do if you won?

So far, the many tickets I’ve purchased have resulted in nothing, nada, not even a $1 win in return, but a bad penny did turn up yesterday.

Remember that dental office I’d asked to take me off their patient list a while back?

Persistent money hungry buggers that they are, they ignored my no longer wanting to be treated by them and, months later, left a message on my phone to "schedule an appointment to continue your treatment plan".

They must be seriously hurting for suckers, I mean business, because the phone rang along about 5:00 yesterday and "dental office" popped up on the call list.

Thinking I must have messed up and forgotten about an appointment at the new dental office, I answered the phone but, instead of the new office, it was the bad penny turning up again, asking "How are you?"

Irritated, I snapped "I’m fine and I’m no longer a patient at your office".

"Okay. I’ll make a note of it".

No she won’t. If they are so desperate as to reach out soliciting business, they’ll continue to reach out soliciting business, but they won’t reach out to me again because I’ve blocked their number.

Mildred’s Day 25 challenge is "A song you like by an artist no longer living".

I’m in sync with Mildred on this one ….. Janis Joplin.

Coming back from a trip in San Francisco back in the day, I actually saw Janis.

After I was seated on the plane, and just before the door closed there was a big commotion at the door and end waltzes Janis Joplin.

Being a fan, I was like "OMG! It’s Janis Joplin" while those around me only saw what they saw — just another hippy dippy with hair dyed in various different colors, looking like it hadn’t been combed in days, wearing layers of clothing, which made her look fat, topped with a heavy beaded and embroidered coat.

She looked like she might smell bad, but I never got close enough to get a whiff because I was in the cheap seats while she and her crew were led to First Class.

Two weeks after that sighting, I read that Janis was dead from an overdose.

Janis’ Piece of My Heart is raw and gritty.


Faith Hill’s cover of the song is a little easier to digest.


14 comments:

  1. Personally I think they should restricted the jackpot to 5 million and spread the winnings out to more people! I'd be more than happy with that amount and would still be able to help a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not a bad idea inasmuch as $1.5 billion is a ridiculous sum of money.

      Delete
  2. All I can say is if I win the jackpot, which I never even play, but even I got the lottery fever...it will be peace bitches!!!! I ain't working again. And all my charities and then some, and all my friends and yes...even my blog buddies....I will make it rain for all! You get a mil, you get a mil, you get a mil!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't win, I'd be very happy to see you win and gift me with $1million.

      Delete
  3. Oh, the excesses I would get up to if I won the lottery! The mind boggles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been buying 6 each drawing. I want to win so I can quit working. Happy to send a mil to ya if I win Saturday. Even in nursing homes, lotsa folks roll backwards in their wheelchairs. It's easier than using their feet to claw forwards, and they don't have to use their hands on the wheels. Usually they're holding something in their hands. It's usually the folks that don't qualify for a motorized scooter or wheelchair, or can't afford the copay. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And if I win, it's a million for you and motorized scooters for all your pals that want one.

      Delete
  5. Smaller jackpots and more winners would I think make such a difference in people's lives. I have bought different lottery tickets here, but randomly. I'm like you. No major changes in our lives, but oh the fantasies I have about people and organizations around us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read that two in California won $1 million but, like you and Country Cottage said, there needs to be changes to allow for more winners.

      Delete
  6. Oh yes. Smaller jackpots with more winners would be so much better. What we could all do with a windfall... Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $1.5 million is a heck of a windfall. One could buy a small country with that much money.

      Delete
  7. I have so much trouble with this lotto/lottery thing. So much money being spent on tickets! I heard of one fellow who buys $100 worth every week. Now, that's $5200 a year. I could help so many people with $5200. I don't buy lottery tickets. I buy food, coats, books...to give to those in need or just to make someone's life a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of folks spending thousands, trying to win millions. I understand the theory, but I'm an occasional player, except now that the pot is so HUGE, I'm buying tickets regularly until someone wins.

      Delete