Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Now What?

Believe it or not, Measure EE — that would allow the San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors to start the process of seceding from California, looks to have passed by a narrow margine.

The plan is to turn this county into a new state with the possible name of, not "Shirleyville" but "Empire".

Now what?

Your guess is as good as mine as to where we go from here, but I'm sensing a lot of chaos coming down the line.

Stay tuned.

No. 45 reportedly is "livid and screaming at everyone" over the big up your nose he got with his bully boy Oz losing to Fetterman.

Inasmuch as that errant quilting needle was inserted up the nose of 45’s voodoo doll, can I once again take credit for this one?

Yesterday was my lucky day …………… and NO, I did not win the lottery. Instead, a break in the rain allowed me to head back to the craft store, get my hot hands on this ....


Someone up there likes me, because it was the last one on the shelf. Possibly the last in the store, as I walked around to see if I could spot another and did not.

And what a difference shopping on Tuesday — even on a wet Tuesday with other shoppers in the store, than what I experienced on Saturday when the lines went all the way to the back of the store.

In line at 11:06, I was in the car headed home by 11:15.

So that’s done.

Also, today is the first day in weeks I don’t have to pop into the liquor store, after working out, to buy lottery tickets because someone finally won the Powerball Game — one winner at Joe’s Service Center in Altadena, $2.04 billion.

21 comments:

  1. I wish you were the winner of that Powerball! But I’m glad you’re the winner of the coffee mug.

    I cannot BELIEVE that passed. What a bunch of yutzes. Your city can still be called Shirleyville. Shirleville, Empire in the United States of America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I just realized, there’ll be another problem with the new State of Empire. New York, being the Empire State, will likely sue. They should stick with Shirleyville. Or maybe just the State of Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got the mug, I love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my facebook friends is trying to get her hands on one, she likes it so much.

      Delete
  4. Shirleyville all the way I say! Although the measure passing is a bit surprising. Nice mug :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't understand how it could have passed, unless some of the voters wanted to start sh$t just for the heck of it.

      Delete
  5. This seceding nonsense has run a bit rampant, some of the Extremist Politicians here tried to get it on the ballots for all of AZ, luckily Sanity prevailed. Most don't realize the implications of seceding from the Nation, but at least San Bernardino County wasn't that foolish and just wants to make a new State that would still be part of the U.S., but yes, where they go from here is anyone's guess? Love your new Mug. Medicare is paying for my Gym Membership to Lifetime Fitness, saving me the $119 it would cost Monthly, which I never could afford. I will enroll The Man in January, during Open Enrollment we switched him over to my much better Medicare Plan which will provide more for him at no Cost at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool that the two of you will be working out together. Be prepared for initially experiencing aches and pain.😬 BTW, I recently heard Arizona doesn't have daylight savings. Is that true?

      Delete
    2. It is True, we leave the Clocks alone. I'm glad. *LOL*

      Delete
  6. Shirelyville, indeed! That name has a ring to it! By all means take credit for the pin up the nose. How's about one up the arse while you're at it!
    I loved hearing about Humpty Trumpty's meltdown re: PA. That would have been wonderful to watch.
    Congrats on finding your neat cup. How cool is that! Enjoy!
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still laughing at the day Humpty 45 is having according to news articles. Even 45 Jr. is being ridiculed for announcing a "red wave" that turned into a spot of blood.

      Delete
  7. When, if hopefully ever, will we feel for Trumpy? Hope this is the end of the road for him, JanF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, glad you got your mug! You and your voodoo doll are the only things standing between America and tyranny. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete