Sunday, November 6, 2022

Falling Back

The television, cellphone and fitness tracker all fell back. The clock on the microwave and in the car did not.

The microwave is an easy fix, but I can’t be bothered with and, when time changed previously, I couldn’t be bothered with getting the clock on the car’s dashboard to sync. So, I haven’t been able to tell time by the dash display since daylight savings time shortly after I bought the car in 2019.

Not to mention the car’s clock displays military time.

I can read military time, know that 13:00 is 1 o’clock, but who wants to take the time to do math.

So, I’m just gonna let the car’s dash be as it is.

I’m thinking twice about registering for the turkey trot on the 19th.

It’s a 10K, 5K, Roller Disco Mile, Kids Fun Run and Costume Contest, which sounds like tons of fun, except parking looks to be a problem — making it seem more trouble than it’s worth.

I didn’t have to worry about parking previously because Twin 2 did the race with me and she has a blue handicap parking sticker, which allowed her to park in the event’s parking area.

As for why she has a handicap sticker is because of arthritic knees.

For years and years and years I warned her that, as she got older, she would regret wearing the high stiletto heels she clicked around in because she liked how they made her legs look.

Sure enough, when she began having trouble with her knees, sought medical attention, the doctor told her it was the shoes. Whereupon she tells me, "Guess what ma? The doctor said I need to stop wearing high heel shoes".

It was like the first time she’d heard anyone say ditch the shoes, even though I’d warned her for years.

So anyway, her knees and feet are so troublesome now that her 5K days with me are over.

I was considering registering anyway, showing up AND if I couldn’t find parking, turn around and come back but, like I said — it’s beginning to sound like more trouble than it’s worth, so I’m out.

I will be watching the date to see if the Indian's curse of rain catches up with the event, even though they changed the date.

I’m rounding the home stretch on Mildred’s 30 Songs in 30 Days Challenge. Today’s (Day 28) is "A song by an artist whose voice you love".

I’m doubling down on the voice I could listen to all day all night that was the lead singer of the Doobie Brothers — Michael McDonald.

I have the cd’s of his solo albums, which I’ve not been able to listen to as I drive for years, because cd players are no longer built into cars.

In meeting today’s challenge, I’m posting a song I remember from Michael McDonald Sings Motown that sends shivers up my spine with how deep and soulful the range of his voice is.


6 comments:

  1. I forgot to change the clock in my car so this afternoon I drove around thinking it was an hour later than it actually was. D'oh! Will have to remember to change it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never wore high heels (LOL) but still have knee problems. 40 years in nursing did it, I'm sure.
    Michael McDonald's Motown Album is 5 stars plus. That's why I hang onto my Civic Honda (2015)....it still has a CD player. I'd be lost without it. I'm wondering if you can still have one installed?
    Can't blame you about the race and just too much trouble. I found a lot of things are falling off my list as I'm getting older. I'm finding it's almost a relief. Most cases it IS a relief! And life goes on.
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe you me, I did not want to get rid of my Saturn. Had to because parts were getting expensive and difficult to find since Saturn shut down. I once thought about having a CD installed in the Jeep, but technology has moved on. I think I'm the only one left in the world who still uses a DVD and Tape player.

      Delete
  3. We use the 24 hour clock here and I prefer it now. Our car clock is correct 6 months out of the year. Sorry about Twin 2's arthritic knees. That's the pits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to believe I'm in better shape than my 54 year old daughter.

      Delete