Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Strange Encounter

Another scorcher day here in the Inland Empire so, with nothing pressing, I stayed inside until 5:00, at which time I ventured out to drop off the trash, pick up mail.

I noticed our Painted Rock Lady (PRL) had dropped of a few new creations.

When last you heard of PRL, she was conspicuously absent from July 5 bingo. She was not speaking to the other ladies, was mad and embarrassed because of having been called out as a troublemaker for inviting Karen to bingo under the guise of being a “good Christian lady”.

I guess she worked through that because, while I was in Long Beach, PRL did attend that Friday’s Bingo Game.

I understand Karen did not attend, but did walk in, whisper something into PRL’s ear, then walk out.

Hmmmmmm?????

So, anyway, the new rocks are a nice addition to the walkway.







After dropping off the trash, heading to the mailbox, I noticed one of the cars parked in the carport was parked in a way which seemed, to me, damaging to the car’s front end.



The car belongs to a young woman I’ve seen coming/going and can’t figure out if she’s someone’s caregiver or is a ghost tenant (living here illegally with a tenant).

No matter to me, but it won’t surprise me to one day see the front end torn loose because of scraping on/off the sidewalk.

From there, I began walking towards the front gate, to loop around to the Mail Center and noticed a young woman standing at the gate, holding the gate open, watching me. She wasn’t familiar, didn’t even look like she belonged here. Dressed in shorts and a halter top, carrying a towel or something similar, it appeared she was coming from the pool.

As I got to where she was standing, she asked, "Did you take a picture?"

"Yes, of a car. Why?"

She didn’t reply, just walked away, off the property, down the street.

Wondering about the strange encounter, I deduced she was more than likely a street person who’d made her way onto the property, gone swimming in the pool. I didn’t notice her until I began walking towards the front of the property, saw her watching me as I approached and then questioning me about taking a picture of her.

Her paranoia (probably because she knew she shouldn’t be here) is what brought her to my attention and now, having been brought to my attention, I took a closer look at the parking job photo I’d taken and, sure enough, she’s in the background.

You can barely see her, so here's a close up.


I wonder if her swimming in the pool is a one-time deal, if she’ll be back, or her thinking I might have taken a photo and will report her keeps her away.

She needn’t have worried. I’d not have reported her. Mainly, because the office clearly doesn’t give a damn about anything relating to us residents and because I don’t really care. It’s not the first time someone has come in off the street, going swimming in the pool, enjoyed the jacuzzi, even availed themselves of the pool's shower facility. However, in the past, they've usually waited until dark to sneak onto the property.

15 comments:

  1. This kind of thing would aggravate me to no end. I’d want to take over that office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then, it would particularly aggravate you to know that staff lives in the units directly over the pool area, can hear the late-night swimmers and still do nothing, not even call those so-called security people they hired to police the complex.

      Delete
  2. Do people take PRL's painted rocks home or do they just sit outside forever?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few of us have amassed collections of her rocks. I happened to be outside when a visiting little girl asked her mom if she could have one. Her mom said to leave them alone, so I picked up one, said they're for taking and gave to the little girl. Then there are the crazies who don't like anything, like Karen. The crazies sometimes hide the rocks behind bushes.

      Delete
  3. PRL and Karen seem to be having a continued exchange, so I don't know if PRL has worked thru it or not, wouldn't trust her myself, a lot of 'Christian Ladies' using it as a guise are hypocrites that I'd trust even less than the garden variety troublemakers. Doing it for The Lord and all that they assume is a good enuf Cover and believable, they usually aren't fooling anyone. As for the Ear Whisper by Karen, wouldn't ya like to know what that was all about? *LOL* Perhaps Karen did it deliberately to make the others wonder, me thinks she likes the pot to keep stirred up with other Residents and will do random shit to ensure it stays that way in covert ways that couldn't necessarily be used against her but would make others uncomfortable or frightened. Most Karens like to abuse privilege and any power they wield against the most vulnerable or easy marks. As for the Strange Encounter, don't know I'd have a Peace if she shows up more often since she doesn't belong there and if she can get away with dips in the Pool and Showering there, who knows who she'll tell on the Streets if she is a Street Person? Management should take it seriously, they're Stewards of a Vulnerable Adult Complex and any complicity if someone gets victimized, is on them for the liability if they've failed in doing their job to keep everyone protected and safe in a Senior Complex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe you me, I know about those hypocritical Christian Ladies. My mom was just such a person. And funny you should say that about Karens welding power against easy marks, because earlier I'd just been thinking how Talker has taken the wrong approach in doing what she can to appease Karen. What I'd have done is the opposite ... make noise often and loud, ignore when she tries to be nice and talk to me. The more one gives in, the more the other pushes for more, so give nothing and they'll go away. P.S. I'm still laughing about the latest episode of your sitcom.

      Delete
  4. If outsiders are swimming naked, that might be worth a call to local police. Unless it's a good-looking guy. Too much drama! Even the pretty rocks can cause conflicts! Of course, PRL is trying to make pieces of peace in the neighborhood with her contribution of rocks. And the crazies "hide" the rocks behind bushes. Are you sure the place isn't a certified psych unit? Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's a good-looking guy, phones will ring and all us girls will be spying on him at the pool. Ever since corporate made that deal with the county to provide a certain number of units for their people in varying levels of distress, we've had some nice people come in, some basket cases come in and it's been said the place is now somewhat of a mental ward.

      Delete
  5. I'm wondering if she's discovered this is a lovely pool that isn't populated with creepy guys where she can have a peaceful swim? I don't see that she's hurting anything, but may be taking up someone's parking spot if that is her car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She walked away, down the street, so don't think has a car. The "creepy guys" she may need to worry about are probably residents, lol, but I agree that she's not hurting anything. Not my private pool, I no longer use it for a multitude of reasons, she and others are not bothering me, so I'm not going to be a Karen and make a fuss.

      Delete
    2. My OCD wouldn't allow me in a public pool...yuck. I cannot even imagine what is in a public pool. So, she could sure use it if it was up to me. Take the risk, go ahead. LOL

      Delete
  6. That pool water has to be warm at the least if not hot. I was in Dallas in August years back for 3 weeks for training. It was 105 every day. The pool at the complex was like bath water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no cover on the pool, so I imagine the water is warm. Maybe she wasn't expecting that, won't come back or will wait until dark when things cool down.

      Delete
  7. I have a friend who creates those painted rocks. She doesn't leave them out though. They are like little treasures. It was nice of you to help the little girl who wanted one of those rocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are like little treasures. Make me smile every time I see them.

      Delete