Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Long Beach Pride Day 2

Day 2 started off with the Mayor’s Brunch at the Museum of Art. I was Twin 1’s Plus One.

Arriving at the Museum


Remembering the regal way Lorretta Young took the staircase in her long-ago TV show, Lorretta would have been proud of the way Twin 1 took the stairs, then turned and posed for the camera and videographer people off to the side.


Her outfit is another creation of Perry Meeks, the young man whose fabulous face masks I was wearing when masks were required.

This Young Brother, a museum docent, recognized Twin 1 from TicTok said, "I watch your videos all the time".


I myself don't watch her posts. Too distressing. Makes me worry to know what she has to put up with on Skid Row.

It's always in the back of my mind that "No good deed goes unpunished", the people you help don't always appreciate the help and sometimes hate you for it, end up hurting you, one way of another.

I speak from experience.

These ladies also were social media followers.


Evidently, the Mayor is a fan as he handed me his phone and asked for a photo, after which I used my own phone to recapture the moment.


Now this mayor has an interesting backstory. His parents — both of whom sadly passed away of Covid, immigrated from Peru when he was 5 years old. Now in his mid-40's, he was a council member, became Mayor in 2014, reelected in 2018, is openly gay and married (his husband in attendance). Long Beach has become the place to be (if you can afford it) under his watch.


Everyone was raving on how good the food and mimosas were.

I had to take their word for it as I sipped on coffee, walked around taking photos/videos.


For the record, Twin 1 wasn't just on her phone, she was live streaming the event for an audience of followers.

I forget the official title of the council consisting of a Drag King and Queens .... and there was a King.


Poor guy got kind of lost with all the attention going to the Queens.



Yaaas, Queen. I see you.


She did a little twirl to show off those hips.


Yet again, the poor King was pushed somewhere off to the side.

After breakfast, a little put put picked up Twin 1, drove her to the parade car.


Next up will be the parade itself.

13 comments:

  1. Twin 1 looks so ultra-fabulous in that rainbow cape! I hope she thoroughly enjoyed her day of being a star! And why shouldn't she?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's always been extra, an exhibitionist, enjoyed the spotlight so was in her element of being recognized and getting stopped for photos wherever she went, LOL.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. How fun to get to be part of the royalty. Queen Mum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of "Queen Mum", but I guess I am, LOL.

      Delete
  3. That reminds me of the Pride coat I just tried on. But truth be told....I have laughed silly since your previous post with your backside getting spanked and the guy yelling " Tenderize that thing."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little did he know, the cake was already tenderized.

      Delete
  4. Just read Part 1 with this. What a delightful group. Reminds me of a pic of my first husband skydiving...with nothing on but the harness for the parachute on his back. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skydiving nude??? Sounds like he was ahead of his time.

      Delete
    2. 1972; it gets hot in Kansas during the summer. Must place the straps in exactly the right spots. Guys have to always be prepared, if the main parachute malfunctions, and use the reserve, and land in trees: they GOTTA cross their legs through the tree branches. Ah to be young and carefree again....Linda in Kansas (I have 14 jumps myself; fully clothed.)

      Delete
  5. I am so glad you went! What a fabulous experience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twin 1 is sensational. What a great experience. (Is that the Royal Court? In San Diego, the kings all wore princely finery. Still, how could they compete with the queens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot the official title but "Royal Court" sounds about right.

      Delete