Friday, July 22, 2022

Bad Penny

Remember that dental office I asked to take me off their patient list … the one I blasted in a Yelp review? Well, just like the proverbial bad penny, they’ve turned up again.

There was a message on my phone, timed shortly after 3PM Tuesday, saying they were calling to "schedule an appointment to continue my treatment plan".

That would be the treatment plan the dentist wrote up for an additional $5,000+ worth of unnecessary dental work, over the $3,000 or so he got outa me before I woke up.

I gotta give it to them for chutzpa.

This is the first time I’ve had a dental office call ME in what can only be interpreted as a move to drum up business, rather than my calling to schedule necessary care. 

So, does this mean they’ve milked all they can from us long-time clients of the office before they took over? Are we leaving in droves? Is business declining to where they are now desperate?

I dunno but I won’t be giving them the courtesy of a return call to repeat "take me off your patient list, I’ve moved on".

This week has been moving fast. Can’t believe it’s Friday already, and up until Wednesday it has been a very good week. THEN I had one of those convoluted overwhelming dreams that can’t be interpreted but left me with a sense of there being a disturbance in the force.

That dream was followed by my tossing and turning all of last night, resulting in waking up this morning somewhat exhausted as I try to figure out if this sense of dread/disturbance in the force is related to something going on in the family or has to do with residents here at the complex or elsewhere.

Unfortunately, I can never pinpoint where this sense of uneasiness will land. It's a time will tell kinda thing.

Last time I went through this was when it landed elsewhere.

I still think of him often and fondly. He was so fun.

Picking up mail yesterday, I halfway expected to see that random woman availing herself of our pool again. Instead, it was a resident I didn’t recognize and what I assume to be her three grandkids.

As I responded to a comment by blog buddy Mike, over at Billions of Visions of Normal, that the pool has no cover, is subject to direct sunlight, I’d assumed the water was warm, rather than refreshingly cool, so I asked the kids "Is the water warm?"

They assured me "No. It’s cold".

I don’t know how it could be, unless there’s a special mechanism to keep it so, but afraid I’d tip over and fall in, I didn’t dip my toe in to verify.

13 comments:

  1. "Bad penny" is an accurate description!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would not be surprised to google "bad penny" and see that dental office's name mentioned :-)

      Delete
  2. I would have had to check the water myself. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. You would probably have dove in head first.

      Delete
  3. The gall of that dental office. Good for you for getting out!
    Keep us posted on the young woman/ possible pool crasher. Seems suspicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't think I'd see that young woman again, but I did. Update tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. I got rid of a dental office, unsubscribed from their emails, and I still get presumptive emails that it's time to schedule an appointment. Crappy offices. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we should schedule then not show up. Can't charge us for missed appointments because we've told them we're no longer clients. They just didn't listen.

      Delete
  5. I’d wonder about that water, too. Of course, if those kids are like me, anything below 86F could be considered cold. I followed your link; Jim sounds like he was one of a kind — for better and worse. You sure have had an interesting history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "An interesting history" ... you have no idea. That's just one story from the time before, LOL.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I'd call that office and give them $5,000 worth of Hell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking the idea of saying sure, go ahead, schedule me, if they call again, and then not showing up.

      Delete
  7. I know that sleep feeling. I hate it when you keep having that underlying feeling all day.

    ReplyDelete