Sunday, January 30, 2022

Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish

Heading out to walk the college campus this morning, I ran into the Baker as she was walking her dog Fancy.

"Have you heard the latest?", said she.

"No, what?"

"J___ (Community Manager aka The Tyrant) turned in his resignation".

"Good … but what finally made him leave?"

"All this time we've been on lockdown, the office closed and no activities, he's been taking classes online. Got a degree in something to do with taxes and is leaving for a better job".

So now I know why he never responded to email requests for work orders. He was too busy using the company time to go to school, but serves Corporate right that he used them like that.

"Well I for one am glad to see him go, but hope we don’t get someone worse", said I.

As for where the information came from, the Baker said she’d gotten a call from Apache.

How does this guy know these things ... Finds out what’s going on around here before we do? LOL.

At any rate, once I returned to the complex, I double-checked Corporate’s website to see if the job of Community Manager was again an open job opportunity.

It was.

Qualifications are listed as "Must have at least two (2) years of experience in on-site property management, with Tax Credit knowledge".

Additionally "Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Knowledge of YARDI Voyager, Management of on-site staff and resources, successful track record of meeting property goals, Low Income Housing Tax Credit experience, must have a valid CA driver's license and reliable transportation" and, most important of all …… "High School Diploma or GED required".

While sitting peacefully on my perch on the couch this past Friday, thinking to myself as I looked out the patio window, watched a tree blowing in the wind, I saw the Tyrant doing something he usually does not do — come out of his office to be seen out in the wild.

He was heading down the walkway.

Something told me to get my phone ready to capture a photo of this rare sighting when he returns.

Sure enough, I got it, captured the moment — a rare and probably the last sighting.


I don't wish this guy ill, but I don't wish him well either. My wish for him is that the Universe do what it do with him, as it does with all of us according to Karma and the lessons we need to learn.

I seriously doubt we'll fare better with the next one, but that's only because Corporate won't allow management to do right by us. It's all about spending as little as possible to keep things going.

Plans to walk the campus went awry once I got out on the road.

When I reached the intersection to turn right towards the campus, I decided I was not in the mood and turned left to check the market by where Trainer lives for the frozen Alexia Roasted and Ready Potatoes my gut is so fond of, and which I’ve only been able to locate at this store.

They had none, had none for some time and had no idea if and when they’ll be able to restock.

I settled for a package of fresh Petite Gold potatoes to roast my own.

Since I was at the market, I decided to pick up the eggs my gut likes — Eggland’s Best Organic.

Guess what …. They didn’t have those either. I settled for Simple Truth Organic — a good enough brand.

Then I headed over to the meat section for a package of uncured bacon and got the shock of my life.





The Supply Chain thing has hit this market's meat, deli and Hot and Ready sections hard.

Of course, I’ve not been to my regular market since I made a run on the 14th, so I don’t know if they too are now in bad shape.

Things are getting iffy for us borderline Celiacs, so I’d better pop into the regular market after tomorrow’s workout to see how it’s looking, and if I can score a package of uncured bacon.

9 comments:

  1. Farewell, Tyrant! It's the end of an era!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes 6 managers since Corporate took over this property, which should be a red flag to anyone seeking to work with them.

      Delete
  2. I think Natural Grocers chain has lots of uncured meats. I bet you won't have a replacement manager for months. You could apply and have a wonderful time! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Corporate would fire me within hours, because I'd be spending their money right/left ordering repairs. I may have to work in a run by Sprouts for their natural chicken and uncured bacon sooner rather than later.

      Delete
  3. I knew this was coming, I could see shelf shortages increasing everywhere, the Meat section in some Grocers was as if they just gave up ordering anything after it was gone? Since Allen works at a Meat Distributor he said the shortages aren't from their end, they're processing at a faster pace than he's ever seen anywhere else he's worked at one... but I see Trucks on the Freeway lined up heading towards Cali like somehow there MUST be a bottleneck somewhere on the way to their destinations? I've never seen so many Semis on the Road at once heading West out of Phoenix... so the Truckers are trying to get their loads somewhere... couldn't tell you why there appears to be a backlog and why even locally then there's shortages everywhere UNLESS some Panic Buying is going on so supply can't meet demand again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some may have bought up what was left in advance of Super Bowl, for their parties.

      Delete
  4. Ooops, forgot to mention the Tyrant's departure... when you listed the Job Qualifications and they expect all of that from someone who only got thru High School or has a GED, I'm no longer Surprised the Applicants are not up to the Job... it's a lot to ask for if your Standard of Applicant is so low.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot fell into place when I saw High School or GED. But, in all fairness, some of the people I've worked with who actually had experience in the field were better and had common sense, while those with college degrees were a joke. But for Corporate being so money hungry, five of our six managers might have worked out with only High School/GED under their belt.

      Delete
  5. Wow, store shelves are empty all over. I've seen a few friends posting pictures like that too.

    Well, hopefully they get someone a little better in there when the tyrant leaves.

    ReplyDelete