Monday, January 3, 2022

Help, I Woke Up

I woke up to the first Monday of the New Year with nothing blog worthy on the tip of my fingers.

With Omicron having caused 5Ks to be cancelled, a potential meditation retreat also cancelled, it’s looking like a whole lot of nothing in the coming days, weeks, months. So, if you see me not posting regularly, it’s only because I’ve nothing to say.

Over the holiday, I’d received a Christmas Card from Next Door Neighbor (NDN), Red Light District and the neighbor with no blog name that resides in the unit underneath NDN.

While, over the weekend, getting the patio cleared off, inside items placed back into storage, I took the time to look at the cards and realized the no blog name neighbor had signed her card Ms. A….., instead of just A…..

Well, la de da, thought I.

That seemed somewhat haughty to me.

She’s not a school teacher — not to say teachers are haughty. It’s just that it’s good manners for children to address teachers as Ms. This, Ms. That, Ms. the Other.

I don’t know a lot about this neighbor, so it’s possible she taught school at one point in her life, but now she works part time at the mall.

Consequently, I will continue to address her as Hey, Girl, but it’s given me an idea of a blog name for her — Ms. Neighbor.

Running into the Baker yesterday, I learned yet another resident has taken a tumble — fell in her bathroom, cracked her head on the tub.

Fortunately, no deadly serious injury — just black and blue damage to the side of her face that hit the tub and around the eye on that side.

I also learned there’s been another resident on resident sexual assault.

When I ran into my buddy Apache and he was telling me about the three long-time residents moving, he did said he'd tried to contact me on Messenger because "I had something to tell you, but can't remember what it was".

It's possible this is what he'd wanted me to know and maybe it has something to do with the three long-time residents moving. Not just because they don’t care for the Tyrant, but because they no longer feel safe.

The first time we had a sexual assault here was a year or so after I moved in. A female resident was drinking with a couple of the guy residents and you can fill in the blanks from there.

I didn’t press the Baker for details on who what when of this occurrence, other than to say, "I hope she (the victim) reported it".

"She did, but not right away, so they told her it’s he said/she said and there was nothing they can do".

I’m assuming by "they" she meant the cops, because management’s position on anything criminal is to say "Call the cops. Let them handle it".

I’ve got good instincts and had told the Baker long ago, "I don’t trust anyone around here with a penis".

So, in response to what the Baker was telling me, I reinforced what I’d previously expressed … "This is why I don’t get too friendly with the guys around here. I wouldn’t even open my door if one of them knocked".

This includes my buddy Apache and Handsome Man, both of whom can read between the lines and know not to knock on my door. That, if they want to talk to me, they’ll have to catch me outside.

The Baker carries pepper spray with her when she’s out walking.

I learned my lesson when a pervert got onto the property and tried to trap me in the mail center, manhood exposed, back in 2017. I now, never leave the unit without pepper spray in one pocket (as backup), taser in my hand and an attitude.

The attitude alone usually works but, in the case of Spider, the market's security guard, he took it as a challenge.

Fortunately, having failed at whatever it was he'd planned, the Universe has moved him out of my orbit.

So, anyway, looks like I was wrong with waking up thinking I had nothing on the tip of my fingers blog worthy when out came another fall, another rape.

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too. Unfortunately, I don't think any around here are.

      Delete
  2. Gosh, stay safe around there, and Wake Up When You Need To!

    (Part of my care for my patient is to shave his face daily with his electric shaver. I worked a long weekend around the ice storms, even staying overnight in the spare room for caregivers to make sure the ice didn't hinder my being present the next day.)
    I came home and took a nap, yea, HELP, I woke Up! Jeepers: I was having a dream that I was shaving Trump! Akkkkkk! BAD dream, BAD, BAD dream. Glad I'm taking off this weekend for sanity time! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaving No. 45 with a rusty jagged straight razor perhaps :-/

      Delete
    2. LOL! Good idea! Made my day! Cheers, Linda in Kansas

      Delete
  3. Geez, try to stay safe and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still feel plenty safe here. Hopefully, the virus will dissipate, the economy will rebound, and this year we get better for all of us everywhere.

      Delete
  4. When I was young, I wondered why my brothers and my dad were so protective around me when it came to boys. They know, they all know.

    Stay safe! And I hope you don't get too isolated so you can share more stories (not sexual assaults, though) and fun nicknames!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! They always know. I'm sure that, though mostly isolated and there are no activities to speak of, I'll somehow have more stories. Hopefully nice ones.

      Delete
  5. I'm at a loss as to what Blog Fodder can be had, it looks like 2022 is going to be more of Nothing? So sorry to hear another Assault took place... Sex Offenders are Lifetime Offenders, so them Aging doesn't matter, once a Sex Offender, always one. At the D.A.'s Office they were the only type of Criminal we kept the Files on Indefinitely, since, not a matter of IF they will reoffend, just WHEN? Ms. Neighbor, I like the nickname for her, perhaps you should call her that face to face... wonder what her reaction would be? *LMAO* Okay, so I could be a troublemaker for my own Amusement when Bored, clearly. *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No news is good news, so I should be happy to now have so few issues that I need to get off my mind by blogging 'em out. Life is an adventure, so I'm sure something fun will eventually happen for me to blog about. As far as sex offenders, I'm all for lopping it off.

      Delete
  6. Wow could not imagine having to carry any type of weapon when going out. A reported sexual assault with no action taken is bad news! I took a self defense course in high school which was brilliant. One piece of advice given was to not look the victim - my friends always joke no one would dare cross me 😁 (mind I did grow up with three brothers so that helped!) Love all the blog names you come up with 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world has become not safe anywhere, so I always always carry either the pepper spray or taser with me when out and about. "Not look the victim" is exactly what I was told years ago, thus the attitude I spoke of. LOL. I think bad people can smell that I'm carrying, can get mean when I need to, am not to be messed with.

      Delete
  7. I'm really sorry to hear about the lady who was assaulted. It is something so hard to recover from and you are right, it does seem that there is nowhere safe anymore.

    ReplyDelete