Friday, January 7, 2022

Sentencing Day


It's sentencing day for the ego-driven white privilege thugs involved in the Jogger (Ahmaud Arbery) Murder Trial.

Watching Court TV this morning, I was surprised as how unemotional the three were during victim impact statements. None even hung his head in a sign of shame or regret.

The family and prosecution want to see what their egos have earned — life in prison.

Defense argued for leniency — 30 years with chance of parole.

The court now in recess, the verdict will probably be announced before I return from this morning's workout, but I too would like to see Life — in separate prisons, but I'm guessing 30 with chance of parole.

On another note, no thanks to the Tyrant — who never put out a Notice or Calendar of Events, I finally learned who the winners were in the Christmas Patio Decorating contest.

I can’t believe she pulled it off, but First Place went to Red Light District (RLD).

She won a trophy and $25 gift certificate.

Second Place went to neighbor around the corner, with the poinsettias, whom I thought would get First Place.

She must have thought so as well because, in commenting on RLD’s First Place win, she asked, "What was his (the Tyrant’s) criteria?"

My response to the idea that the Tyrant might be swift enough to have a criteria was to laugh and laugh and laugh.

At any rate, Second Place won a trophy, no gift certificate.

I can only assume Third Place also won a gift certificate, as no one to whom I spoke knew who'd even won Third Place. When I said I'd learned it was D Building, no one could even remember seeing the display. Since someone said "I walked around and saw everything" and she could not remember seeing that one (which I showed her a photo on my phone) that to me signifies it was a forgettable display.

At any rate, I’m glad this fiasco is behind us.

Hopefully, in the future, the Tyrant will knock it off, no more contests. Just stay in his office and do nothing, like always, and let us decorate because we enjoy decorating.

First Place



Second Place

Third Place

UPDATE: The Judge showed no mercy to the McMichaels, Life without possibility of parole, plus 20 years, and I'm great with that. William Bryan, the rube who was so proud of what they'd done that he posted the video that ultimately led to their arrests, got Life with possibility of parole. I'm okay with that too.

I loved what the judge said about the trio "hunting" Ahmaud and the "terror" Ahmaud must have felt when he tried to get away.

Judge got it spot on.

18 comments:

  1. Maybe Tyrant had a little committee to decide the winners; at least that would explain the delay in notification. Maybe you can do a Valentine's patio, just to surprise everyone! I saw blasted Valentine's candy and cards in the drug store last week! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we EVER have another resident/management meeting, how he decides these things would be a good question to ask. Except, he lies. Makes things up on the fly. So, I wouldn't believe his explanation even if he had one. I never decorate for or celebrate Valentine's Day. In fact, I always post my little anti-valentine gif. Stay tuned for that. LOL.

      Delete
  2. Life, for taking a life.
    Good. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good riddance to all of those racist, murdering pieces of trash. I hope they all rot in prison.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear the sentences for the Arbery killing! But sad that these cases are still happening - anyone of any colour should be safe to jog in any neighborhood they choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed ... safe to jog, walk, drive and to own a home in any neighborhood they choose.

      Delete
  5. Chalk up one for the good guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Surprisingly, it was. I woke up this morning wondering how it must feel for the trio to have been so privileged all their life, everything go their way, only to now have lost everything, including their freedom and privilege.

      Delete
  7. That Trio showed no remorse because they have none, they got what they deserve and may every day in Prison be a terrifying Fresh Hell for them for the Decades ahead... and a warning to other Evil Racists that they can't always get away with heinous acts against someone just because they don't look like them and how they perceive that is twisted and inhumane. I think the Dad was a retired Cop? They don't generally fare well in GP, so, he won't last long I suspect... if he meets with a horrific End, Bad Karma coming back on the Bastard. What the Hell tho' with the Defense Attorney mentioning the Victim's Toenails... I'm so glad the Mom dropped the Mic on her about it... insensitive comment that wasn't at all necessary and implied WTF I couldn't even begin to fathom? I didn't understand at first why Mom had mentioned her Son's Toenails, til it was revealed what the Defense Attorney had said, just OMG. Clearly they had one of their own representing them and so I'm glad her Defense of them was not swaying a Jury or the Judge. I didn't follow the case closely since those Cases almost always upset me so much I just can't...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That defense attorney really showed her distain for the victim with that dirty toenails comment. Mom's clapback was masterful.

      Delete
    2. P.S. He was a retired investigator from the D.A.'s Office. He called his former boss after the shooting, she told him he did nothing wrong and ordered the cops not to arrest him or the others. THIS got her ass arrested on charges of violating her oath as a public officer and obstructing a police officer. This should be a lesson for those that enable and cover up.

      Delete
  8. I'm so happy with the verdict.

    Thanks for providing photos of the winners, there were so many good ones, I couldn't remember who's who. What are 2nd and 3rd supposed to do with a trophy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "What are 2nd and 3rd supposed to do with a trophy?" ... I have a suggestion that involves the Tyrant and one of his body parts.

      Delete
  9. I don't think they had any remorse at all.

    Thanks for posting the pictures. I only saw 3 windows decorated for Christmas in my apartment complex. Mine being one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you had the Holiday Spirit. I'm sure someone enjoyed seeing the decorations.

      Delete