Friday, January 28, 2022

Free Stuff

Did you get your free N95 masks?

I popped into the drugstore after this morning’s workout and, while checking out, was asked, "Do you want your free three masks?"

I’d not paid much attention to the news that the government would be issuing N95’s for free distribution at various pharmacies, because I’m quite happy with my many bling masks, but thought why not, so I said yes.


I’ll keep them in the car for just-in-case situations.

I was thankful the clerk had asked because, in the short time I was at the register, their phone was ringing off the hook. It appeared to be people wanting to know if the masks were in.

Judging by the number of calls, their supply isn’t going to last long, nor will their patience at fending off phone calls.

I’d also registered, last week/week before, for the government’s free at-home testing thingies. Again, for a just-in-case situation.

Walking into the Pain Cave this morning, turned towards Trainer just inside the door, asking if he was okay — because he’d been in terrible pain on Wednesday due to a toothache, he said he was fine and then said, "Turn around".

Thinking I had something stuck to my back, I turned around, looked over my shoulder, asked what he saw, which was "Nothing. Turn around".

So, playing into whatever game he had going, I began turning full circle around and that’s when I saw it.

He’d relocated the treadmill for like the 6th or 7th time.

Running out of places to relocate the treadmill, he's now moving it around to where it once was. This time, where it was in July of last year, two moves ago — front of the studio, just inside the door.

From here ...


Overnight to here ...


It’s an okay position insofar as Feng Shui, because it faces the Wealth/Prosperity position, with the Family and Physical Health side to my left, and an open view to the outside on my right.

The move this time wasn’t just because he’s a Leo, moving things around because he can, but to get rid of the couch he’d located in this position — which couch seemed to encourage parents dropping their children off for the Kid Boxing Class to congregate on the couch, chitchat with each other, sometimes bring younger disruptive children with them.

Trainer’s thinking is no couch, no parents, no disruptive youngins — not to mention Omicron. So parents dropping off their children will now see a treadmill where the couch used to be and be encouraged to congregate elsewhere outside the studio.

Whether that works for him or not, after so many treadmill moves, I have no doubt there will be a 7th or 8th move. He can't help himself :-)

17 comments:

  1. One of these days it's going to be outside. Or on the roof! That would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I told Trainer, that it would end up outside. The roof would be fun. A heck of a view from up there.

      Delete
  2. Glad you got your masks. Those are one of the more comfortable versions. You can pre-stretch the yellow bands: start at the center and try not to pull from where the band is glued on to the mask. Still pinch the nosepiece a little bit. I prefer them if I'm not wearing a 3-layer cloth mask because the formed cone shaping keeps material off your nostrils and lips. My local Ace Hardware finally got another supply. Every spot I've gone to is out of the "gov'ment" ones. I wear the N95 anywhere outside my own apartment cuz covid cooties are so darn prolific. Try a Command Hook in your car to make sure you have it.
    Any bet that visitors to the Cave will sit on the machine where the couch was? He needs a sign that tells them where to sit safely, distanced and masked. Cooties hang in the air for 3 hours! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If visitors do sit on the treadmill, I'd accidently turn it on and send 'em flying if I were he. LOL.

      Delete
  3. We ordered some tests but they haven't come yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many have probably signed up for the tests that it might take a while.

      Delete
  4. I wish the Canadian government was handing out free N95 masks! They're impossible to get here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice that your pharmacy offered you the masks. Our zip code isn't eligible for the free masks but we could order the rapid antigen tests from the post office which I did. Of course, they've yet to arrive so I'm glad Terry got a couple of boxes at our pharmacy a few weeks ago before the run on those stsrted. The police chaplaincy through which I volunteer for storytelling provided us with N95 masks. I took 15. I'm hoping all of these products will keep us for the time being. Gosh, I just want this to be over. I'm sure everyone feels likewise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously? Your zip code prohibits? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me since government is issuing and all our zip codes fall under the same government. But glad you managed to purchase. As for this to be over, I dunno as I just heard about yet another variant. Maybe the variants will get milder and milder until it dissipates all together.

      Delete
  6. I ordered our Free Rapid Tests Online but hadn't received them yet, have to get to a Drugstore to get my Free N95's. With the lack of people wearing Masks I think ours should have enough for those of us who are Pandemic Protocol conscious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ordered the free tests and they should be here soon. None of the pharmacies around here have had the masks stay in stock very long. My daughter is still looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer. I hope people aren't going from place to place, hoarding free ones with plans to sell.

      Delete
  8. It's like he needs to regularly update the treadmill position - like an internet site password or something. Or maybe he just likes moving it around to hear your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does seem to enjoy seeing my expression when I walk into the studio, see something has changed.

      Delete
  9. I didn't know Leos moved things a lot. I worked with a lady once who did that. She said her family had to look down before they sat to make sure the chair was still there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's hysterical. ROFLMAO. I don't know if all Leos move things a lot. I just know this one does. Was the lady a Leo as well?

      Delete