Wednesday, January 5, 2022

He Looka Like a

Anniversary of the January 6th Insurrection coming up, the news was all over it this morning.

Though it still pisses me off that those homegrown terrorists were initially treated with kid gloves, as opposed to how BLM protesters would have been and were indeed handled, it’s good to know the powers that be are making a concerted effort at uncovering the identity of those involved — hold them accountable for their actions.

Seeing a video of one of the most wanted this morning, seeing how the heavily clothed (to hide their identity) individual was kinda walking on tippy toes at one point, I all of a sudden heard Ms. Swan in my head saying, He looka like a girl.

Some of you might remember Ms. Swan of bygone years — the kooky character on MadTV that, when asked to identify someone in detail, would always frustrate the interviewer with "He looka like a man".

Later on in this morning's broadcast, one of the speakers did indicate they were not certain of looking for a man or a woman, but I see female and a female who is probably sweating bullets, just waiting for the hammer to drop because she knows somebody knows who she is.


Hopefully, it’s just a matter of time before someone rats her out, and karma catches up with her, and all others involved.

After running errands yesterday, I popped into the market and overheard an interesting (disturbing?) conversation.

"I just tested positive for Covid. This is just between us for now" said the speaker into his phone.

Between you, whoever you’re leaving a message for and now ME, thought I, as I waited for him to clear the area, so I’d not be anywhere near when I grabbed a box of cornmeal.

The speaker was a young man, early 20’s, and was obviously leaving a message because there was no back-and-forth conversation. Just a quick message because, as those words were spoken, he became aware someone (me) had turned the corner, was behind him and had probably heard.

He quickly shut down the phone and took off out of the isle like The Flash.

Did he flee because he was embarrassed to have been heard OR because he knew he should NOT have been in the market?

I don’t know, but at least he was wearing a mask.

9 comments:

  1. Almost everyone at my daughter's job is sick right now. We are all sick and staying home. My daughter is going on Friday to be tested for Covid. I'm hoping it's just a cold. It took hours to find a place with an opening for testing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see people in cars backed up for miles and/or long lines of folks on foot at testing centers. Hope you and your daughter are okay.

      Delete
  2. I was just talking with a friend who works in a veteran's hospital. Yesterday she treated a man who announced at the end of the treatment that he had to go get tested for Covid because his girlfriend had it. WTF is wrong with people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find myself looking up at the heavens and asking that same question ... "What the hell is wrong with people!" multiple times during the day.

      Delete
  3. I can't believe how many of the Sick are still out and about in Public, they know they're not feeling well, or have Tested Positive, and yet are being intentionally irresponsible about spreading Disease, it pisses me off. No matter how much Care the rest of us take to stay protected, we have to share the Planet with people like that who could care less about anyone else. I hadn't thought about Ms. Swan and MAD TV for a long time, I'm glad you brought it up since it made me LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that now my mind is no longer cluttered with working for a living, things I'd long ago forgotten about are bubbling up to the surface. I not only remembered Ms. Swan but heard those words in her voice. And just now realized the woman who played Ms. Swan is the same women who played the manager in The Amazing Mrs. Maisel.

      Delete
  4. Tomorrow should be an interesting anniversary alright.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Punk. That is a situation where you want to be able to punch somebody.

    ReplyDelete