Thursday, January 27, 2022

Valentine State of Mind

Not me … NEVER me, but the painted rock lady Jan, as I spotted new rocks on Monday.








The rocks reminded me it’s time to switch to the V-Day coffee cup.


Running into Jan yesterday, I thanked her for planting new rocks whereupon she said she had already begun on rocks for Easter.

"What about St. Patrick’s Day?", asked I. "Doesn’t that come before Easter?"

"Oh, that’s right. Guess I’d better get busy", she replied.

Can’t wait to see what she comes up with.

Even though I no longer do anything or go anywhere to recognize St. Patrick’s Day, I do wear my four-leaf clover top.

When I was working, I’d pick up green bagels to treat the office to celebrate and, one year, I recall the Arab Attorney (the guy I’d blogged about still being bitter all these many years later), took me to a bar called Casey’s for green beer.

I don’t recall enjoying the taste, but not because it was green, but because it was beer.

In junior high school, I was the nerd that joined the Folk Dancing Group.

Our final exam was, one-by-one to perform in front of the group an Irish Jig, in the choreographic sequences designed by the teacher AND at the end of the dance we were to add a step we ourselves had designed.

I got an A in the class and though I do not recall any of the steps given by the instructor, to this day I recall my step and sometimes find myself jigging it around the unit.

Of course, I can no longer get both feet off the ground simultaneously to do it properly, but I manage a fair enough facsimile.

Funny what sticks in your mind.

11 comments:

  1. I love the painted rocks, they are cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They irritate management but, for most of us residents, they make us smile.

      Delete
  2. My next holiday is Easter. I've not been too big on Valentine's or St Patricks...as far as decorating goes. Bit the rocks are fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I don't know why, but I'd pegged you for a romantic, a valentine kinda guy.

      Delete
  3. The rocks do look like Easter eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how Jan used a technique for her Valentine's Rocks to make them look similar to those little Heart Candies with the Messages. How Cool would it have been had she Sourced some Heart Shaped Rocks? Sweet of her to keep leaving little Positive Smile Nuggets around during these troubled times. The person who left those Halloween Rocks I kept and found at the Park has never been back... I was really Hopeful that like Jan, they might do other Holidays since I liked their Rocks and all of them got picked up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found a random painted rock at a
    Gas pump once. Someone put positive messages and left them at random places to bless random people

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celtic dancing has EXPLODED since Riverdance. When I was a kid, though, Irish dancing was not a thing but Scottish dancing was. I had a cousin a few years older than me who competed in Scottish dancing. Her father was a bagpiper and her brother was the drummer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never had that opportunity but being in Texas we did have square dancing lessons. I can't remember what the calls meant but I did love those full skirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growing up, they used to have square dancing on TV. The call I remember is ... allemande left with the old left hand.

      Delete