Saturday, December 9, 2023

On the 9th Day of Christmas

How I rolled into the Cave yesterday, for the last workout of the week.


I’m way more reserved, with a simple "Namaste", when I walk in on Mondays and Wednesdays.

This morning was the Miracle on Court Street Breakfast with Santa event.

Just in case my Little Stalker was going to be around this weekend, I’d mentioned the event to the Talker. Painted Rock Lady overheard the conversation, was interested, so she joined me in this morning’s adventure.

Little Stalker was in San Diego this weekend, so Talker went there for breakfast.

I did learn the answer to the question of whether or not Little Stalker is enrolled in school, since she seems to always be here. She is in school, and though she appears to always be on the complex, it’s weekends and school days off.

So, anyway, breakfast was pancakes, eggs and sausage.

I passed, enjoyed the hot coffee, took photos instead.










With Painted Rock Lady's encouragement, I got in line for a free ice skating lesson, got thisclose to carrying through, thought better of it and chickened out.

I did, however, ride Santa's Train.

20 comments:

  1. I might have gotten THIS close to ice skating, too. And I just have to say, you are hot! You have the moves of a 20-something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look good with the elves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This photo would have been perfect had I been wearing the ugly sweater elf.

      Delete
  3. You sure know how to make an entrance, LOL! And what a great photo of you and your Elf Buddies! I haven't been ice skating since 1977. I was never a good skater and I won't try it again now because it's just too easy to fall. Ice is not only cold, it's damn hard too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was watching people fall, even though they had a contraption holding them up. I was sure to twist an ankle, fall and break a hip, so I couldn't risk it at my age.

      Delete
  4. I love to roller skate, but never mastered the ice version. TOO hard to stand up on just one blade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too loved roller skating back in the day. Even had my own personal skates. Tried roller blading, but that's as difficult and as risky as ice skating, so only tried once.

      Delete
  5. That was some fancy leg shaking entering the Pain Cave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my better days. Sometimes music makes me move and I end up hurting myself.

      Delete
  6. Get it, get it, get it girl! Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I commented to Mike, sometimes I get it, sometimes it gets me, LOL.

      Delete
  7. I used to Skate, but now would be afraid of falling and breaking something, a Hip especially. *LOL* What a Fun time tho', Loving the pixs of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That fear of falling and breaking something is what stopped me. Sometimes our youthful thinking leads our somewhat aged bodies into territories we should not go.

      Delete
  8. I like the way you roll! Now if only I could get energised šŸ¤”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up tempo music will get the body going, make one stop and take a dance break whenever/whatever.

      Delete
  9. What a lovely post!!!! It's makes me happy to see you having fun and enjoying the holiday....many don't seem to anymore. The tree you're under is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a lot of opportunities around here to have fun so, when a rare opportunity presents itself, I'm there.

      Delete