Saturday, December 23, 2023

On the 23rd Day of Christmas.

Yesterday was my last time to hunt for Sparkle the elf before she heads back to the North Pole on Christmas Day.

With plans to head out for Long Beach tomorrow — spend a relaxing night in a hotel, drive over to granddaughter’s place Christmas morning to watch the great grandson open his Christmas gift, meet his new weeks old sister, yesterday’s grocery run was built around what I could eat so as to not get sick ……… meals I could fit into the hotel’s little refrigerator, heat up in the microwave. Consequently, I needed a few food storage containers to replace those which had outlived their usefulness.

Last few times I checked the corner market, they only had those heavy glass containers in stock. So, after yesterday’s workout, I drove a few miles over to the next nearest store in the chain, hoping to kill two birds with one stone — do my regular grocery shopping and also find the needed lighter microwave safe containers at that location.

Not only did I find what I was looking for, I was able to elf hunt in unfamiliar territory.


Interesting name for an elf.

After two passes through the market, even checking what I could see of the check stands — which was the back, and not seeing anything, I got in line to pay for my purchases, telling myself that, before I left, I’d check the front of the check stands.

Sure enough, there he was.




Had Elfonzo not been so tucked in with all those decorations, I’d have spotted him when I first walked in, because I did initially scan that check stand.

I’m a little disappointed — not because of how Elfonzo was hidden, but because, with a name like Elfonzo, I’d expected more than the normal elf character. I was expecting something with a little more character, outfitted more rico suave befitting the name, like Snoop’s elf fits its name.


So, that’s it for the 2023 Hometown Elf Hunt. Christmas and the elf hunt will be a distant memory when I return on Tuesday.

Happy Holiday Y'all.

32 comments:

  1. Do you get more than a candy cane this time???

    Have a wonderful Yuletide Shirley with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same ole reward. A candy cane which I did not collect. Happy Holiday to you and the pool boys.

      Delete
  2. OMG, that Snoop on the Stoop elf doll and accessories are TOO funny! Have a wonderful holiday time with your family and the babies! May it be fun and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny and expensive at $99.99. I'll pass. You too, enjoy the holiday.

      Delete
  3. Happy holiday. Safe travels. Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olivia. Hope your holiday is merry and bright.

      Delete
  4. You should have taken the candy cane and given it to your little stalker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The same wish back atya, Sherlock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Elfonzo is sneaky.

    Have a wonderful time!

    Happy Ho Ho Ho!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That elf was really hidden. Enjoy your leisure stay at the hotel, and the little kids. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy Diwali, and Kwanza, then Happy New Year's. Did I cover it all? Maybe we'll soon celebrate "Dumped Trump Day!" Travel safely. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That last would be the best Christmas present ever.

      Delete
  8. Elfonzo was well tucked! Have a great time. Hope all goes well with family and you simply enjoy the wee ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too 🤞and enjoy SG's simple Christmas Dinner.

      Delete
  9. Enjoy your trip, and have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elfonso! I love it!

    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. Hope you and Gregg have a 🎄 x as well.

      Delete
  11. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a happy holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. May you, your daughter and Falcor have the best and neighborhood drama free Christmas ever.

      Delete
  12. Hope you enjoyed your mini vacation and meeting your newest family member. What joy that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that Elf name of Elfonzo. Hope I remember it for next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope I remember to check that market next year to see if he's brought back.

      Delete
  14. I didn't see it this time till you did the closeup...Dawn the Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least you saw it. I'll wager some never did 🤓.

      Delete