Friday, December 8, 2023

On the 8th Day of Christmas

I awoke to a message that "High winds and dangerous fire conditions are forecast from Saturday morning through Sunday afternoon. We may have to shut off your power to decrease risk of dangerous wildfires".

Are you serious?

Especially when you’ve already notified us of a planned maintenance power outage scheduled for Wednesday.

This is a senior complex. We should be exempt from these.

Color me annoyed as I work out a backup plan for tomorrow morning’s ritual — the morning I’m planning to attend the local Breakfast with Santa event, should I awake to an outage.

Down to my last Canyon Bakehouse bagel, I yesterday put in another Walmart pick-up order and saw they’d learned from the day when the pick-up line extended out of the full parking lot, down the street to the corner of the intersection. The system now requires reservations. Customers pick the time they plan to pick up in hour increments.

I chose between 11 and noon, because it’ll coincide with this morning’s workout ending at 11:30.

Good system, and the fact Walmart came up with it ???? …… I’m impressed.

Needing nothing in particular from the market yesterday, but out and about passing, I pulled in to find the elf.

Whoever is in charge of hiding this year — probably a lazy manager, is making it too easy.




Sparkle was once again in plain sight as one walks through the market doors.

You’d have to be blind to miss her.

Lastly, have you seen the latest photograph of Kyle Rittenhouse and the thread going around on X, formerly known as Twitter about his appearance?

It appears his little pathetic crybaby pudgy self (and yes, that was a body shaming thing to say, and I don’t regret saying that about him) has exploded to twice its previous size.

My favorite comment on his appearance being "I am loving this for Kyle".

His turning to food for comfort reads to me as guilt.

He can pose as the poster boy for the Proud Boys, go on talk shows, write a book, enjoy the celebrity, enjoy and laugh about having evaded consequences, but that something inside that we all have — the voice of reason and conscious, will one way or another have its way with us.

Kyle's Karmic Consequences are showing, giving us an idea of the turmoil going on inside.

UPDATE: According to another blogger, and various other sources I see online, the photo is thought to be altered. Whoever altered it did a good job, and nice to think Kyle could one day ballon up like that out of guilt.

12 comments:

  1. Apparently that photo has been altered. Not legit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooooo! Say it ain't so, but oh well, I can dream.

      Delete
  2. So much for the 8 maids a-milking. Maybe Rittenhouse will simply burst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catalyst tells me the photo is altered, so maybe not as blown up as he appears, but still a pudgy little crybaby.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully they do a better job of hiding the elf as the month goes by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they don't, I'll have to send them an anonymous note to do better.

      Delete
  4. Maybe the Market got complaints last year that the Elf was too HARD to find?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's possible. I myself couldn't find it once/twice. After giving up, had to ask.

      Delete
  5. Sadly, The Kenosha Murderer--I won't say his name--will spend his life pretending he's not a killer and trying to make money off that lie.

    I'd rather see the elf in plain sight that murderers anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far for justice at this level. I'm holding out hope for Karma blowing him up like a balloon.

      Delete
  6. This time I saw the Elf, guess I NEED it to be lazy easy... winks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One out of two isn't bad. Let's see how well you do on the next hunt.

      Delete