Wednesday, December 20, 2023

On the 20th Day of Christmas.


I do not yet feel safe. Sense it’s far too soon for me to break out the bottle of champagne I’ve been holding onto, waiting for the day when 45 lands in jail or is recalled by the Infinite Invisible.

So, I’ll just keep that champagne on ice until I feel safe.

Management held its "Christmas Celebration and Crafts" for the seniors yesterday.

Confused by the "crafts", thinking it might be something I did not want to miss, like decorating cookies, I headed on down to the Community Room for the celebration and found residents lined up, waiting for the doors to open, the event to begin.

It was an impressive showing for a Management event. I saw residents in line who had not come out in ages for events.

In addition to the Usual Suspects, there was Next Door Neighbor, the Nice Old Guy — upstairs unit across from me, Church Lady who hasn’t made an appearance on the complex grounds or in the blog for years, the resident who moved in and quickly got a reputation of being sex starved and aggressive with the males and pissed off Church Lady because this then new resident made a play for Nice Old Guy who, at that time, was Church Lady’s special friend.

Last time Over Sexed made the blog was 2019 when she came to the Cupcake Decorating event and proudly made/displayed a suggestive cupcake.


Seeing her around the complex since those early days, she seemed to mellow out, is now much more reserved and, when I spotted her in line for the Christmas event, she was very well dressed …… to the nines, but in a red suit, adorned by a red hat, red shoes, red handbag.

All that red may or may not be a substitute for / more subdued expression of her nature.

Dream Lover was in line.

I’d have thought he’d bring his little Lady Friend, but she wasn’t on his arm. Possibly because Management doesn’t usually allow visitors or caregivers to attend its functions.

I recall one year — I think it was a Thanksgiving celebration, when a caregiver brought the person she was caring for down to the event, could not leave her alone, and was told she can sit with her, but the food was only for residents.

Inasmuch as there was a ton of food, enough for seconds and then some, that seemed silly to me. So, I approached the Activity Director (AD) we had at that time, told her that, since I can’t eat, it leaves extra for the caregiver.

AD thought that was fair, and caregiver was able to feast along with everyone else.

Checking with Homegirl, in line at yesterday's event, I learned "crafts" was a mistake. Told the Christmas Celebration was solely an eating event, that "You know they'd mess it up" (meaning can't do anything right), I did not stick around, went back to my unit, worked on that never ending needlepoint.

Before leaving, however, I peered in to see if Complex Manager’s table and chair configuration had been returned to her previous config.

It had not.

In fact, it looked as though management itself had rearranged everything into one large group setting to accommodate its needs for the event.

So, what I’m getting is ……… although Complex Manager touted her reason for ordering us not to move tables and chairs, because it’s damaging the cheap wood furniture and scratching the cheap faux wood flooring, she can have things moved at will, but we can’t.

Won’t know until our next bingo — Friday 12/29, what the configuration will look like and whether the refrigerator is back on lock or not.

Lastly, along about 6:00 yesterday evening, there was a Knock Knock on the door.

SURPRISE! It wasn’t my Little Stalker, it was Red Light.

OMG! She managed to climb stairs!!! I’m in trouble now.

Amazed to see her standing there, I asked how she managed it.

She said something about her legs and foot being better.

Oh No! I am in trouble now.

As for why she climbed the stairs, it was to bring me a Christmas gift — Victoria Secret lotions.

Nice, but I hope she doesn’t now make a habit of dropping by.

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like this year's Christmas Miracle has been awarded to Red Light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life in the complex. Never a dull moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it that way .... so long as I'm on the outside looking in.

      Delete
  3. I love the Tales of the Complex and the appearances by those we'd thought forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting that they lay low but come out for the Christmas celebration.

      Delete
  4. If the Infinite Invisible recalls him I'll be feeling Safer... one can be let out of Jail or Pardoned, so, I'll keep my Bubbly on Ice with you my Friend. So, good turnout for the Event Hosted, and re-introduction of Characters we haven't heard from in a long time here in the Land of Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Management must be pretty happy with themselves at that turnout, but the party us seniors threw for ourselves had to have been more fun than a simple dinner party and drawing for a prize, with not everyone getting a prize.

      Delete
  5. At least Red Light came 'bearing gifts'. Gifts always make me suspicious of ulterior motives. I guess that's just my paranoid state these days. Do you have a peep hole in the door? Those can be a blessing! Enjoy the Victoria Secret...but, what's Red Lights Secret?? Hmmm.
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't think she has ulterior motives. I think it's her way of showing appreciation for all the support I give her ... flyers for bingo and events, the photos, maintain the website. I think that's also why Homegirl surprised me with a gift, who said as much, that "You don't even eat, so I had to do something for you".

      Delete
  6. I suspect you'll be holding onto that champagne for some time....the fat bastard the Dump gets out of everything left right and center...and I doubt he'll get any jailed time...I mean, it's already been four years...and not counting the time they were already building evidence while he was still in office. It's all mind blowing.

    And I'll never say he won't be president again....I said that once and look what happened. Heavens forbid he gets back in....he will be hell bent on revenge, the Dems and all who voted him out.

    Oh...just the thought...excuse I need another bromide....with gin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already been holding onto hope and that champagne for so long that hope is dying and the bottles gathering dust.

      Delete
  7. The Gift of the Magus (i.e. Redlight)? Thanks for the gift, glad your better, but I hope this won't become a habit!

    I was stunned by the story of the caregiver being denied food... at Thanksgiving. What a bunch of idiots. Good going for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Thanks for the gift, glad your better, but I hope this won't become a habit!" Clever you did a haiku. As for denying the caregiver a meal, "idiots" pretty much sums it up.

      Delete
    2. I'm a poet.
      And I don't know it.
      But my feet show it
      Because they're long fellows.

      Delete
    3. 🤣 The best I can do is
      Roses are Red,
      Violets are Blue,
      I just discovered
      a new side of you.

      Delete
  8. You're too funny. So much happening in your world. Hope you have a calm, mellow Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thing is .... This IS considered calm and mellow on my side of the world.

      Delete
  9. It was nice of her to bring you a gift.
    I have fun reading what is going on in your complex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and, as I recall, she gave me a gift last year as well ... a scented candle. I always thank her, but don't feel compelled to give a gift in return. We're not that close and I take her gift giving as a thank you for all I contribute to her events.

      Delete