Sunday, April 16, 2023

Sightings

I happened to be in the right place in the unit at the right time yesterday and spotted the new resident (guy living in the bad energy unit) heading for the Laundry Room.

I’d previously asked his downstairs neighbor (Red Light) about him, saying that I never see him out and about, doubted he spent much time there, but she said she could hear him walking around overhead all the time.

If you will recall, Red Light heard someone or some thing walking around in the unit after the previous resident moved out — when the unit was vacant. So, her hearing footsteps was not necessarily meaningful.

After seeing him with my own two eyes, I can report that, after almost three months in, he appears to be hale and hearty.

Thus far.

Talker is conflicted. She still plans on relocating to San Diego to be with the little stalker, but she was sitting in the courtyard last week and saw a woman carrying a box, moving in.

Small Word, as the woman turned out to be Talker’s childhood friend. She says they grew up together, the two families at one time lived together.

So now she’s conflicted. Seeing Childhood Friend’s moving in as a sign has her asking God, "Why are you doing this to me?"

She wants to be with the little stalker but, now that Childhood Friend is living here, she wants to be with her as well.

I’ve not a clue as to how this will all pan out, but I’m beginning to see Talker has a co-dependent personality. She always has to have someone in her life — a best friend in the complex with whom she’s always out and about with, her great granddaughter to spend time with, and now Childhood Friend to add to the entourage.

I've always disliked that song "People Who Need People" because the lyrics "Are the luckiest people in the world" trouble my spirit.

Wanting others in one's life and enjoying the company of others is one thing, but not being able to be alone, enjoy one's own company, and the lyric "You were half now you're whole" speaking of co-dependency, the needing others as a distraction from self does not seem lucky at all to me, but sad.

But that's just me, my two cents, and may be why I like Miley Cyrus' song so much that I'm reposting.


12 comments:

  1. Just because someone was a childhood friend doesn't mean you'll still get along or have a lot in common as adults. There's a lot of water under the bridge between then and now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that's right but, thus far, they seem thick as thieves. We'll see how it ends ... whether she opts for granddaughter in San Diego or childhood friend here.

      Delete
  2. I've always been confused by the message in “People” and I love the message in “Flowers.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But that's just me" Me too. I think. I lived by myself for 3 years a long time ago. I think I could do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely agree with you, although I'd not thought of the lyrics to that song in such scrutiny before now. I currently work in a front-facing customer service admin job and need time AWAY from people!
    Miley's got the right idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Customer Service" ... if that doesn't want one to have alone time, nothing will. LOL.

      Delete
  5. I admit while I'm very social and extroverted...I still need a nice chunk of alone time too. And down the road, I don't really have a worry of ever being alone. I got this, and can enjoy both my worlds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have the best of both worlds. A most fabulous life. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

      Delete
  6. It'll be interesting to see if she stays or goes now that her friend is there.
    I'm very introverted in real life. I don't have any friends that I hang out with and am just fine with that. I'm cordial to a few people in my courtyard but that's all.

    ReplyDelete