Monday, April 10, 2023

It’s a Lifestyle

So sayeth the new cashier at the market when I admired the black polish on nails shaped stiletto style, and then said I also see a pair of skeleton adorned motorcycle gloves hooked to her work belt.

A goth girl in the flesh, so I further inquired, "Your name wouldn’t happen to be Wednesday?"

"No, but my dog's name is".

How fun. She and I could be friends, but can you imagine chasing your runaway dog in the neighborhood, calling out "Wednesday, Wednesday, come here girl". LOL.

As to why she and I could be friends ... It’s only April, but I’ve already decided my Halloween costume this year is to be goth girl Wednesday Addams. I’ve already purchased the dress, wig, stripped stockings, and a Thing Hand. Had planned on my usual red fingernail polish, but am now thinking Black nails, lips painted green.

As for why I’m thinking about Halloween so soon …… like Goth cashier said — it’s a lifestyle, my favorite Holiday, and I’m always thinking ahead as to what to wear next for the sure to come costumed events.

Thanks to Saturday’s acupuncture treatment, this morning’s workout was a good one. Nothing hurt when I walked in, nothing hurt when I walked out, and I was once again able to go through the resistance band pulls and curls.



Doesn’t mean the shoulder will ever be 100% healed from the long-ago torn rotator cuff damage (in fact the acupuncturist asked that I bring an x-ray of the shoulder next time), doesn’t mean it won’t once again bother me when the weather turns cold, it just means I’m good for now, or as good as I'm going to get as a 79 year old at this stage of the game.

Granddaughter had me laughing when she said, "I don't think normal aging people pull muscles at a boxing gym. You pretty much only get sports injuries".

So far, that's true. I take my licking, no pain no gain, and keep on ticking.

10 comments:

  1. Granddaugher is right. Good for you. Unfortunately, Timex is not a very catchy nickname for a goth girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unusual name, but definitely not goth. Sounds like the name of a wristwatch.

      Delete
  2. I love Wednesday Addams! Did you see the new miniseries about her? It was fabulous. I'm looking forward to seeing your Halloween costume already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw it and it was Scary. So scary that I wasn't sure I'd watch the 2nd season, but that season is on hold anyway. BTW, I learned the short version Wednesday dance from TikTok. Once I'm in costume, I'll have someone video tape it.

      Delete
  3. Good observation from Granddaughter. I also enjoy the goth aesthetic. In a parallel universe, I'm a Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm partial to dark colors, mostly black, love Halloween, and I have a dark sense of humor, so I guess I've some Wednesday blood in me.

      Delete
  4. Staying in shape will help you bounce back from sports injuries. A friend of ours, in her 50s and in excellent condition, was knocked off her bicycle a couple of weeks ago by a car making a right hand turn right into her. She did suffer a concussion but when she saw her physician, she was told her body took no real damage because she is in very good shape, and to keep up that active lifestyle, but better to cycle in the park than on the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. I've had two serious falls, once when I tripped over a structure, fell forward, knocked the wind out of myself at the Batman 5K and once when I tripped over a plant, fell backwards while trying to video a roadrunner. It was the active lifestyle that allowed me to bounce back and not end up like some of my neighbors when they fall.

      Delete
  5. You go Girl...at the Gym today The Man sy there were a group of 70 plus year old Navy Seals playing Paddle Ball and looking more fit than most Stud Muffins a Quarter of their age... never too late to get ready for Halloween 🎃...Dawn the Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is flying by. Halloween will be here before we know it, and prices are better this time of year on costumes and essentials.

      Delete