Tuesday, April 25, 2023

But Wait …. There’s More

No golden parachute for this bozo.


And no soft landing into another gig.


In other news ...... Standing in line outside Assistant Manager’s door yesterday afternoon, with a group of residents waiting to turn in requested paperwork to get a new parking permit, I peered into the Game Room to see if the book I’d donated to our Library last month was still on the shelf.

It wasn’t.

Then


Now

The book (by George Dawson, son of slaves) is now in the hands of someone with a stronger constitution than I. Someone not so easily triggered as I when reading, in the first few pages, how a white girl’s lies caused an innocent Black man to be beaten by a racist mob and unalived by hanging.

I wonder if people who committed those kinds of atrocities, based on racial hatred, ever felt guilt or shame or regret?

Probably not and, since I don't believe in hell, but believe we transition into another life, they've somehow shapeshifted into those living amongst us now who still harbor that kind of hatred. The kind of people who shoot to kill when they see a Black face knocking on their door looking to pick up his siblings at the wrong address, the kind of people who shoot at a Black Fedex driver they feel doesn't belong in their neighborhood, so on and so forth.

Oh, well. I'll file these thoughts under reasons why I don't want to save the planet.

As for why us residents are being issued new parking permits …… a few weeks ago, as I was logging in miles around the complex, I saw a corporate looking guy walking around, with a clipboard, looking at the back of cars and writing stuff down.

I knew something was up, not sure what, but I’d guessed he was checking to make sure all cars parked on the premise had a permit, updated registration sticker and I was equally sure he found quite a few that had neither.

Sure enough, attached to our doors yesterday morning was a notice saying "New parking permits will be issued. All open parking spaces will no longer be assigned. Please come to the Leasing Office to receive your new parking sticker by Monday, May 1. Vehicle registration and insurance are required".

In order to weed out those cars which are not in compliance with having proper insurance and registration, they're issuing new permits AND, if you don't have one, you are SOL and will lose your ride — get towed.

As for doing away with assigned parking spots, fortunately I pay extra for a carport, but those with a free assigned parking spot are fit to be tied that they will have to now scramble for parking.

I don’t see the logic of aggravating the seniors thusly, that is unless the problem is there’s not enough parking spots for the number of residents who have cars OR it could be Corporate just wants to bring in more money by putting residents in the position of where, if they don’t want to scramble, they'll have to pay for a carport or garage.

I’m leaning toward their motive being the latter.

14 comments:

  1. I hope Tucker Carlson falls into the obscurity he so richly deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember hearing about the Black FedEx driver. NBC covered it. I watched a couple of news videos. This is right up there with the four recent incidents. People are NUTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And THEN I watch an ABC YouTube segment that said FedEx sent him back to the SAME neighborhood the next day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did, and probably wouldn't have cared had the two bozos chasing him succeeded in shooting him.

      Delete
  4. Poor Tucker ! 😁
    I have read many horrific stories of lynching Black Americans and think the people who participated knew what they were doing, or were as ignorant AF, or too afraid to say a word.
    Any way you slice it, I hope they pay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pay in this life and the next and the next, ad infinitum if it were up to me.

      Delete
  5. Such wonderful news about #ucker Carlson. I assumed he was walking away with $30 million. I hope he fails at everything else he tries. Evil, lying bastard.

    I have a very difficult time getting through those books, too. I tend to spiral into depression. I don’t believe in heaven or hell, but I like to imagine those evil bastards somehow suffering through eternity. (On a good day, I might be a bit more gentle... Not today.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too assumed #ucker would walk away unscathed, but denying him that money should shake him royally up. If there were a hell, an appropriate punishment would be seeing the horror they did to others because of racial hatred over and over and over.

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear of the Parking problems, the last Apartments my Mom lived in were a Parking Nightmare. She had an assigned space even tho' she owned no Car and hadn't driven in Years. So, she assumed I could park there when visiting or taking her to Appointments or shopping... several times they tried to Boot and Tow me. She would stand behind my Truck and dare them... they'd eventually take the Boot off and since she was swearing at them in a language they didn't understand {Welsh, her first Language}, they figured she didn't know a thing they were saying to her in English. *LOL* As for the Book, I can't read about some atrocities, too Emotionally Raw and Triggering, that Humans can do such things to other Humans... I can't wrap my Mind around that state of Being, you know? As for Fucker Carlson, may he become destitute... along with all the Lunatic Fringe stoking accomplices who ginned up their Base with what they knew to be Lies and inciting Violence to be unleashed upon Society and be destructive to our Democracy and make our Nation an International Embarrassment. I do Believe in a form of Hell, perhaps not the Religious typecast of it... may he and all his enablers end up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The parking situation is about to get worse. Management is doing something really stupid, that I'll blog about later, that will put us all in a pickle.

      Delete
  7. I wasn't even aware Tucker Carlson had any other show outside Fox?!?

    He will only find a position with a extremely conservative site of news outlet I surmise. Or for all I care can just sit around on his middle finger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't aware of those other shows either, but they're no longer an option for him. So it's all good.

      Delete