Monday, April 3, 2023

Resting Itch Face

Yesterday it was Spring outside with birds chirping, those dreaded lizards crossing my path as I put in walking miles around the complex. I even saw a Road Runner — the second one spotted in recent days.

Today is cold, dark, gloomy, wet outside.

It’s a workout day, so I have no choice but to suit up, head out into it.

Oh well. I guess this is the new normal for us Californians.

The Activity Calendar indicates "Easter Crafts" for tomorrow, but tomorrow is Arraignment Day and I’m going to be glued to the tube, watching No. 45 get finger printed, mug shot, and his supporters having hissy fits.

Heading back to the complex after dropping off those items at the donation center on Saturday, I passed a Target, decided to stop in, pick up a few sundries.

The checkout line was insanely long because there was only one line, one cashier on duty. The line was halfway down the length of the store.

With nothing else to do, I was patient, watched the lone cashier admirably handle the stress, all the while just knowing another line would open as soon as I reached the cashier.

Murphy’s Law … It did.

Finally reaching the cashier, I commented on her handling of being a Lone Ranger. She smiled, seemed friendly enough ..... that is until her eyes went to my tee shirt.


Of course, I’ve been wearing it every time I’m out and about, as a subliminal suggestion being implanted in the universal subconscious mind to lock him up.

Evidently, the cashier is a supporter. Did not get the message, did not appreciate it because her jawline got tight, and her friendly open manner was replaced with angry resting itch face.

"You can’t put someone in jail because you don’t like him!", snapped she between clinched teeth.

Highly amused, I replied "You can if he commits a crime” — (Crimes, plural, in this guy’s case).

Man did THAT comeback ruin her day.

If her big arse could have jumped the counter, she’d have gone all crazy Karen on me, but she held it together with "I’m at work, so don’t get me started!"

"We’ll see how it plays out and I’ll check with you next time I’m in here" said I as I walked away with a smile.

The anger on her face must have been readily apparent to the customer behind me, because I heard that customer say something to the effect, "What was that about?" and I heard the cashier say, "Her tee-shirt" then couldn't make out the rest as she continued to vent.

That was fun, so you can bet I will go out of my way to revisit that specific Target, wear that shirt.

Actually, my heart bleeds a little for the cashier because, being a member of the MAGA (Making Attorneys Get Attorneys) group, it must be torture that she works at a Target in a predominately Hispanic area. People of color coming through her line all day, not many or any who would dare come through wearing one of those red hats.

I haven't seen nor heard from my buddy Apache since, banned from entering, he was last lurking around at the gate a few months ago; but I can imagine, being the ardent supporter he is, that he's somewhere out there foaming at the mouth.

BTW, if 45 does land in jail, will his secret service detail go with him?

Asking for a friend.

25 comments:

  1. Love the T-shirt. Love your response. How can people be that brainwashed and ignorant?? That's a question that's old as time, I guess. Kudos to you for keeping your cool and breezing out the door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering all the harm he's done, the cashier saying people wanted him in jail simply because they don't like him, was too stupid ignorant to lose my cool over.

      Delete
  2. Oops! That was me, Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you all the more for wearing the tee shirt!!!! My mother got into it with the furnace man who came to clean the furnace last week. I was in my room getting ready for work when I hear them talking about wackos and people are crazy....and she said about trump hopefully going to jail. The workmen didn't think it right and thought it was all political and it kept going from there. And she then said Republicans are crazy. While taking sides each...they did both agree that none of them are out to help the people. And then he brought up Drawing is...and it turned again.

    I thought this is where he jimmy rigs the furnace and it blows up the house in the middle of the night with us in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too would worry about the furnace as his supporters are just wacky enough to do something like jimmy rig it.

      Delete
    2. Oh Maddie, your Story made me LOL too, but, yeah, I'd worry about the Furnace.

      Delete
  4. As to your question, my husband asked the same question. I don't know how that would work. I live in a county that is wildly crazy about that guy. I keep my head down around here. It lifts my spirits, this happening at Target. They are so ardent she had to say something instead of just thinking it and having you move on and out. I hope you ruined her day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most surely ruined her day, without even trying, LOL. Hopefully we get to see what happens with security, meaning jail is in his future. They may have to turn Mar-a-Lago into a detention center, house him there.

      Delete
  5. Love the t-shirt. Bet she was hyped up all day 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFLMAO! She climbed the wall so high that she probably hasn't come down yet.

      Delete
  6. Great job! As for your questions, I too wish to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully he's jailed and we get to know what happens with the security detail.

      Delete
  7. I'm surprised that Target has not trained its cashiers and employees to ignore things like t-shirts. To do so just basic customer service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too was surprised she went there ... amused and surprised, but MAGA people aren't known for being in control of their emotions.

      Delete
  8. I adore you!
    I adore for wearing that shirt.
    I adore you for taking your stand.
    I adore you for the See you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Man and I were Laughing our Arses off at this Post Shirley, OMG, you are hilarious and a Woman after my own Heart. Don'tcha just Delight in winding up The Lunatic Fringe? They are so easily Triggered and so nonsensical that no comeback they'd ever have to Counter, they could if their Life depending on it, your Comebacks were Fabulous!!! Our New Normal is just like yours, Warm and Glorious one Day, Cold and Wet the very next, then Warm and Glorious, and Cold and Wet, so on and so forth until it's Spring... then, nope, it's NOT. I'm expecting Locusts and Frogs next... *Winks* Such a shame that Apache is a MAGAt coz I rather liked him from what you otherwise Shared here about him... isn't it Weird that some very likeable People can still be so far gone... I don't get the Appeal... but then, Cults, no matter how wacko and absurd, always have attracted folk and doomed them, I never could fathom Why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get the appeal either. It's not like he's actually doing anything to make the lives of his supporters better. He's just benefitting himself, his sons, daughter while his supporters are ruining their lives, going to prison for him. But Apache was the exact same way as the cashier in that one wrong word about his idol No. 45 and he would lose his shitz. In the cashier's case, all it took was a tee shirt, LOL.

      Delete
  10. I don’t think he will end up with a prison sentence. Will be interesting to hear him tonight. Apparently he will give a speech when he returns to Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right. With as many charges against him, slippery though he is, something will stick, he'll be found guilty and then be given some kind of symbolic sentence that doesn't include jail time. I hope he goes off script in tonight's speech, as he usually does, and ends up making an even bigger fool of himself than he usually does when speaking.

      Delete
  11. You are the Queen of Cool Clever Crafty Comebacks! So well played! When my nephew was repeating a MAGAt sound bite about DA Bragg basing his last campaign on going after the Orange One, and it all being political I had to say, we’ll finally, a politician who actually kept a promise. He has no comeback. I’m hoping this event might finally put him over the edge and into a straight jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was quite the clever comeback. Totally godsmacked the nephew. Good job!

      Delete