Saturday, August 13, 2022

Wrong Again

Arriving at the nail salon, I could see more bulbs have burned out on the sign.

It now reads “acial waxing”.


Which is an improvement on the “racial waxing” it previously displayed.


Arriving on time, I was immediately seated, and the pedicure began in a timely manner this time, but the guy receptionist/manager still got it wrong.

He once again failed to book a manicurist.

Just as Kim was finishing the pedicure, she asked, "Are you going to get the same color on your nails?"

"I’d planned on it but, since no one has started on the nails, let’s take that off the bill".

"I’ll do it for you" says she.

As I mentioned the last time that guy got it wrong back in March, and Kim had to step in and do both, she’s an older woman who can do wonders on a pedi, but makes for a lousy manicurist.

I had to ask her to correct areas where nails she’d shaped appeared lopsided and, once back at the complex, I had to do 911 with an emery board, to smooth jagged edges. Not to mention the paint job didn’t last two days.

Inasmuch as I can do a better job on my own nails, I declined her stepping in this time. However, not wanting to hurt her feelings I made out like I didn’t have any more time to spend in the salon.

The guy who screwed it up again and who runs the place like a plantation, ever watchful on what the girls are doing — working or talking, came out of nowhere to see what was going on.

Speaking to him in their language, she must have told him there’d been confusion as to who was doing the manicure.

He turned to me and said, "I thought you said Kim was going to do it".

Knowing him to be a screwup, trying to avoid another mishap when I'd booked the session, I'd attempted to lock in the name of the manicurist by asking him "Who is going to do the manicure?".

"Whoever is available" was his cocky answer so, at that time, he knew I was looking for a manicurist and should have written it down next to the appointment.

Lucky for hin, while seated in the chair having the pedicure done, I’d been plugged into the Apple iPod, and was listening to a medication tape.

The speaker has just said the secret to a harmonious existence is to not react to appearances of discord, stay calm. So, all mellowed out, I just calmly said, "No" held up two fingers, continued with "and this is your second time" then slowly shook my head as if to say you poor pathetic fool.

He kept apologizing.

I did not say don’t worry, it’s okay, because it wasn’t. I just gave him that I'm disappointed in you look and shook my head.

Maybe if he paid more attention to what he himself is doing, rather than keeping an eye on the girls, working them like slaves, he’d not make so many mistakes.

So, anyway, I stopped off at Ulta Beauty on the way back to the complex, purchased a color to match the toes and will do my own mani some time tomorrow.

The trip to Floor & Décor was enlightening. The business should be called Floor & Walls, because that’s all I saw and nothing I’d classify as décor.

Fortunately, construction on the next-door Home Store had been completed and the store was open.

Looking for a new patio chair, I was drawn to one of the Egg-Shaped chairs and will probably go that way if I can find a store that delivers a fully assembled chair.

Walking through the front door of the store, this is what I saw.


They ready.

Of course, I had to browse the Halloween Isle. Captured a few photos of gnomes to show Debra (She Who Seeks).



Couldn’t resist buying this little guy for myself.


I'm seriously thinking about going back and getting this spooky tree.


I don't imagine we'll have a Halloween Patio Contest, as that was a one-time deal concocted by Manager No. 9, and he's gone. But I always decorate for Halloween anyway, so why not.

16 comments:

  1. Those gnomes are awesome! The gnome craze is still going strong! And yes, love the spooky tree -- it would look great on a balcony. You need to find a new mani-pedi place -- this one has let you down too many times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to leave Kim alone to the wolves, but you may be right.

      Delete
  2. Oh goddess! Not Halloween, oh, honey, no .... no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes. Can't wait. Planned my costume months ago, just in case we have a party.

      Delete
  3. Will you be returning to that salon? Sounds like a sweat shop for those poor girls. Love the spooky tree. Halloween....my favorite time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not if I can find a salon as nice as that one but with better management.

      Delete
  4. Oops. Forgot to sign my name to the above post, but you probably could figure it out.
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a Home Store here and it crashed and burned pretty quick. I was in once and was way to overwhelmed. But Halloween?!?!? Already!!!!! Shit..it's summer for me till the end of September. And I LOVE Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painted Rock Lady is working on snowmen rocks already, LOL.

      Delete
  6. Time to go to a different nail salon. Bummer. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had my acial waxed. I wonder what that would feel like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We always decorate for Halloween too. My daughter is a manager at Dollar Tree and she said they have Halloween decorations out now too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never too early to prepare for Halloween and Christmas.

      Delete