Monday, August 15, 2022

What Can’t a Rolling Stone Get?

It appears Younger Sister isn’t the only person to have led a sheltered existence, grew up under a rock because, when a young woman, as part of the latest TikTok trend, walked around her office and asked her coworkers, "What Can’t a Rolling Stone Get?" no one knew the answer.

Who ARE these people? was my thought. How could they not know the answer?.

I could understand when the previous trend was to ask — "It’s 7 o’clock. Where’s Usher?" because not everyone knows Usher’s music. However, even if you’re not into music ... period, one has to have heard the song that is the answer to the question, "What can't a rolling stone get?" because the song is so iconic.

In case you’re wondering ... I’m not going to say what a rolling stone can’t get because, of course, you all know the answer. However, inasmuch as not everyone is familiar with singer/songwriter Usher's music ... the answer is a play on his song where he sings "It’s seven o’clock on the dot. I’m in my drop top, cruisin’ the streets".

Ergo, the answer to "It’s 7 o’clock, where’s Usher?" is "He’s in his drop top, cruisin' the streets".

So, anyway, weekend over, it’s back to the same ol’ same ol’.

After spending Saturday getting a pedi, no mani and looking at patio chairs, I returned to the complex, pulled out my little sushi machine and tried out the sushi knife that arrived a few days earlier.

I wasn’t planning on springing for a legit sushi knife — they’re too expensive, but tired of sawing sushi with a kitchen knife, seeing an ad for one of those expensive knives at half price from a reputable Cutlery shoppe, I gave it a go.

Smooth like butter.


I’ve been making sushi all weekend.

On Saturday, the filling was leftover salmon, avocado, carrot, cucumber.

Sunday’s filling was a recipe I’d been wanting to try — yam and avocado.

Yam sushi was the best because it had a little sweet taste to it. I’ll use that recipe again, but maybe add kale.

There's still enough left for today's lunch.

Having decided on an Egg-Shaped patio chair, I did my homework and learned the affordable ones made of bamboo are not a good bet. I get direct sunlight on my patio, while the care section indicated they need to be in the shade and protected from rain/water — not at all weather resistant. Egg-Shaped made of iron or steel was suggested.

Found one I really like.


It's described as being made of “steel frame and handwoven PE wicker that withstands the elements and can survive outside”, but it’s waaaay too expensive, comes in three parts — which reviewers did say were easy to put together and, lastly, it weighs 330 pounds.

I don’t think I can manipulate the three pieces at, let’s say, 110 pounds each. Plus, 330 seems too much weight for the patio.

I don’t generally sit outside anyway, so I’m going to save myself grief and money by trashing the old red Adirondack chair and leaving the patio bare.

After all, a bare patio gives me more space to fill with Halloween and Christmas decorations.

14 comments:

  1. I've heard of Usher but I would not have known the answer to that question, so thanks for the info. But I would have got the Rolling Stones one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be caught off guard if someone springs the Usher one on you, LOL.

      Delete
  2. I get the rolling stone one right off the bat, but the Usher one??? Nope, can't do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, few could get the Usher one. However, none got the rolling stone. Go figure.

      Delete
  3. Get a hammock Shirley. You can sit and or recline. Best thing I ever got for my back deck also much lighter and no doubt cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take a look at one. How does yours hold up in heat, direct sunlight, santa ana wind and rain?

      Delete
  4. Had hammocks in OKC. You're supposed to bring them in from the damaging sun rays. Rain water goes into the stand parts made of metal, and when tilted or moved, the rusty water spills out. They're lovely otherwise.
    I know who Usher is, but not his songs. I know about the moss not collecting on a rolling stone, but I didn't know it was a song.
    Egads, what if I'm turning into one of the Younger Sister types?
    I can't imagine you being in one of those egg-shaped "cages," unless you need more protection from the unique characters on your campus.
    I'm jealous of your sushi knife. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to tell you this, but wrong answer on what a rolling stone can't get. Feel free to try again :-)

      Delete
  5. I'm surprised people didn't get the rolling stone one - whenever they show him on stage it always seems to be to that song. Mind, I wouldn't have know the Usher one - truth is I couldn't even name one of his songs. That chair looks lovely but as you say not suitable. You probably need some sort of fold up chair which can be stored in the corner when decorations go up. Viv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking at hammocks now, but not liking 'em. May end up with a basic patio chair that, as you say, can be folded up out of the way.

      Delete
  6. I grew up under the same rock as your sister.

    Easy to assemble should always be taken with a grain of salt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No it doesn't weigh 330 pounds. Its weight capacity is 330 pounds. On sale on Amazon, $379. Unless you're over 330 pounds. You're not... are you? 😜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhhh. But no matter because I've lost interest in it and am suspicious of being the only company marking down from $717. I've been burned by bad products from that store before and this one would be difficult to return.

      Delete