Monday, August 22, 2022

Calm Before the Storm

This past weekend was eerie quiet. The only signs of life were seeing the new resident walking through the quad a time or two and Painted Rock Lady dropping new rocks along the walkway.

Other than that, I didn’t see or hear the voice of a single other resident.

Not that I’m complaining. I enjoy the calm. I’m just suspicious as to WHY. It can’t be that everyone suddenly turned into me, opting to stay inside all weekend. Nope, my spidey sense is saying something’s in the wind.

Perhaps it’s anxiety over the ice cream social Management has planned for tomorrow.

Last time they did a fun event for us ─ the Summer Social, it was to soften the blow of the rent increase posted to our doors the very next day. So, justifiably, I’m now wondering what’s behind the ice cream social, and I’m sure others are suspicious as well.

I’ll go down to the Community Room tomorrow, check it out, but won’t be surprised if no one else shows up.

Nothing new on Black Bikini.

Though I wasn’t outside over the weekend, I did keep an eye out for her hanging around the pool all of last week, but no sighting.

At this point, I’m now beginning to think she may not have been a new resident but perhaps visiting a resident for a few days.

With no distractions and staying indoors all weekend, I’m at last caught up with getting those almost 200 photos into the Creative Memory album. Actually, it was albums — plural, because the photos took up all the space in not one but two new albums.

With not much planned through the end of the year — except maybe the Mission Inn 5K, few photos will be coming in and I can devote my attention to that never ending needlepoint project.

Spending time on Tik Tok last night I ran across "Michael Cohen Reacts".

You remember Cohen don’t you … one of the many who lost their careers as a result of their involvement in No. 45’s shenanigans.

Well, it seems that prison time served as an awakening to having been used and tossed aside. So now he’s out for revenge by spilling the tea and reacting to current shenanigans ─ the Hearings, the raid and it’s all so hilarious.



His latest reaction is about No. 45’s desperate search for the mole — who the informant in his close circle is that told where to look for specific documents. Cohen is certain it’s Jarod.

Wow. Wouldn’t that be a kick in the head if it turns out to be.

12 comments:

  1. My #1 mole suspect is Ivanka but it wouldn't surprise me if it's her husband Jared either. I'm glad all those rats are turning to consume their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what generally happens at the end ... they turn on each other. Cohen said that No. 45 will turn on his entire family if it suits his purposes.

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a peaceful weekend. Maybe they went to other locales for a beach adventure. That's pretty sad when you wonder if an ice cream social has ulterior motives. Maybe so, just grab your ice cream and run! Everyone seems to have forgotten Stephen Miller, the white supremist who was Trump's right hand man, writing his speeches and telling him what to do. Not sure he'd be disloyal enough to be the mole. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be much more exciting, and poetic justice, if it's a member of the family.

      Delete
  3. Having some quiet and no drama is a good thing. I am hoping for a little of that this week myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waiting patiently for that photo of the dealer :-)

      Delete
  4. I think it's Melania who's the mole. I mean let's face it, she's had enough of that fat slob on top on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie seems to be the one most want to be the mole.

      Delete
  5. Mary Trump thinks is Jared, too. Too bad Michael Cohen is such a sleaze ball. It makes me resent hearing what he has to say now, despite that it’s all so good and dirty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya. Cohen does come across as a sleazy used car salesman, but everyone who in the past and currently surround No. 45 have that same icky sticky aura about them. Mary hasn't been wrong yet and if Jared is involved, so is Ivanka. Maybe the mole is a joint effort ... Jared, Ivanka, Melania :-)

      Delete
  6. If I had to put money on it, I'd agree it's Jared and Ivanka.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would serve him right if Ivanka were involved. Payback for burying her mom on the golf course.

      Delete