Thursday, August 25, 2022

Patio Refresh

After putting in all that time, research, energy into patio chairs — egg shape, hanging swing, hammocks, benches, the patio refresh project is done.

Now

Yep, that’s right, nothing I looked at pleased me so much as that which I had before, so I went with another red Adirondack.

Then

The difference is this one folds.


Also, supposedly, this one is "fade resistant, rain resistant, the UV resistant High Density Poly eco-friendly material of which it is made will not split, crack, peel under heat of direct sunlight".

Assembly was required and though I had the option of paying extra for the seller to contract with someone to come by, assemble for me, I opted to put myself through the torture of assembling myself. After all, after deconstructing the old chair, seeing how parts had been connected, how difficult could it be.

The instruction manual said 30 minutes.

It only took me four hours.

I’m thinking four hours was worth not having to deal with the aggravation of the seller contracting with some third party that, if they failed to follow through, do their job, the seller would wash his hands and leave me to deal with it — much like my medical provider contracting with an outside dermatology that never followed through and the provider could care less.

So anyway, the patio project is done.

The egg-shaped chairs were really calling my name because they look to be fun, are cute and very popular right now. However, I didn’t trust the hanging chain or spindly base to hold on the affordable ones, and the ones that stood on a solid base were too expensive — not to mention I didn’t think either would hold up under the weather.

Turns out I was right about the affordable ones as there are hilarious fails all over the internet and social media where people have fallen straight down, backwards or flipped over when one of those chairs failed.

See for Yourself.

14 comments:

  1. Love the red chair, even after four hours!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red is from the blood I shed putting it together.

      Delete
  2. Nothing is a classy as a red Adirondack chair. Well done....and safe!
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me falling from an egg chair would not have been a good look.

      Delete
  3. I think you were wise to go with the folding Adirondack chair. That red is nice, bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the red and it looks great with the green piece of astro-turf.

    Call me strange but I love the feel of Astroturf on my feet. A friend of mine had a chair like that with a matching footstool. And with my feet up on that with the decline of the chair, I could nap in it for like two hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks dandy! You could rewrite the instruction booklet now. Don't pinch your fingers when you fold it up. Don't think you get many hurricanes or much snow there. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But if we do get snow, the manual says it's protected from that as well :-)

      Delete
  6. Lassie, go get help. Timmy's mom fell into the bushes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always loved Adirondack chairs and these new ones are I think even better. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta find just the right cushion, then it's me with coffee on the patio.

      Delete