Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Gross Me Out

Gas in the area is down to $5.49, so I pulled into the station after yesterday’s workout and saw this …………


How bad of a driver or how drunk do you have to be to do that much damage?

Dollars to donuts, the driver didn’t stick around to accept responsibility. Probably peeled away as fast as their damaged vehicle allowed.

Craving kale, I popped into the market after filling up the tank and ran into three residents — two of whom I greeted. I stayed behind and out of eye shot of the other because it was none other than our Karen character.

As far as I know, Karen hasn’t been a problem lately for Talker or Dream Lover, so she’s fading into the background.

I don’t expect that to last for very long but, while Karen takes a break, I’ve taken on a new mission — find out which resident is not scooping the poop.

Inasmuch as it's a recent occurrence — this being grossed out by the sight of a pile on the walkway leading to the mail center, and in the grass along my walk to the car, I’m thinking it’s the new resident that moved into Bonita’s unit. However, I have to first make sure she’s the one — that she has a small dog and then catch her in action. So, I’m on failure to scoop watch.

Should I be successful, catch her in action, the plan is to yell bad things at her as I video tape the infraction, then report her to the office.

The office doesn’t like this disgusting behavior any better than us residents do, because it’s the maintenance guys who have to clean it up.

Talking about things that gross me out reminded me of when, at the Summer Social, one of those horrible looking green June Bugs came close to the table I was seated at.

I was posed to scream and jump under the table, while a resident walking by grabbed it in her hands, then tossed it away, but not before saying that if she had string, she’d tie it to the bug and fly it like a kite.

"WAIT … WHAT?"

"Oh yeah, as a kid we did that all the time".

Not sure I believed her, I looked it up and ….



17 comments:

  1. Well, I never learned about that! Our's were brown in Oklahoma. Not sure those flew as much. Climate change has even diminished the number of fireflies on the lawn. They didn't last long even in a jar with air holes in the top and grassy twigs in the jar. You've missed out by avoiding bugs. Let the next one crawl on your hand. It won't bite. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No thanks! The idea of a bug, any bug, touching me is too creepy. Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

      Delete
  2. If you have to touch the June Bug to attach the string, I'll pass.
    i don't touch bugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. A regular paper kite will do just as well, if not better.

      Delete
  3. Maybe it's 'our Karen' doing the nasties on the lawn/sidewalk? I always thought she was passive-aggressive! LOL! Hope they catch the culprit
    June bugs are called 'lightning bugs' here in the Midwest. I'm assuming your version doesn't 'light up'?
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of lightening bugs. Somewhere in the back of my mind I must have seen some because I remember it being brown and buzzing. If some of what Karen is always picking up falls into one of those piles, I hope she's not so desperate as to clean it off and eat it anyway.

      Delete
    2. Would serve her right! LOL!
      Paranormal John

      Delete
  4. Thank goodness we don't have those ugly green June bugs in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How's the rent in Canada. Between June bugs and lizards, I may need to relocate.

      Delete
  5. Neat video -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't make it through the entire video. The bug was just too creepy.

      Delete
  6. Or my guess is the driver is so pissed off at gas prices he decided to run his car into the pump to send a message. A group here went and vandalized a bunch of gas pumps at various stations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that seems counterproductive. They'll have to raise prices again to cover the cost of repairing the pumps.

      Delete
  7. I think I'm going to be looking for some green June bugs if it's not to late in the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come to California. We've got more than enough to share.

      Delete
  8. Hope you catch the inconsiderate Dog Owner, around these parts they provide the Bags for people to use and receptacles to discard it too, so there's no excuses for the lazy nasty people. That said, at some of the Parks, the condition of the Ladies' Room is atrocious, there are people beyond nasty in this world... it leaves me speechless at times. I've heard about Kids using Bugs as amusement, we used to Race the Pine Ants in Michigan, dusting them with Colored Chalk Dust and making Mazes for them to run in, they were the most enormous Ants, quite prehistoric looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So now I have to look for a video that shows how one manages to race ants.

      Delete