Saturday, March 26, 2022

Moving Right Along

Looks like the 2nd Opinion Dental Office is going to work out.

There is work to be done, but nowhere near as serious or as extensive as Dr. C had intimated.

Inasmuch as I take care of my teeth, practice all the recommended care, I don’t see why any work at all should be, but I guess it’s another annoying aspect of the aging process. Stomach gases bombarding my teeth, as a result of my gut issues, isn’t helping.

The young man taking x-rays — a cross between SNL’s Pete Davidson and the Jesse Pinkman character from Breaking Bad, who I connected with, said that at seventy-eight I was lucky to still have all my teeth, even my wisdoms. That clients younger than I were coming in with few teeth remaining.

I don’t know, but I tell you this — if I’d not been told years ago by my Shaman that, "You’re not gonna like this, but you’re going to live a very long time", and a Palm Reader had not later pretty much read the same — a long life, I’d not put myself through further dental procedures.

I’d always planned to be gone by age 35, wanted to be gone by then but, since the Universe felt differently, I’m still here, seemed destined to be here far longer than I’d like, then I’m going to make the best of it. Take care of myself so I can enjoy what remains of the ride.

At any rate, the 2nd Opinion Dentist approved the work Dr. C did, said metal does need to be replaced but is not a priority so long as it’s not leaking. As for that area I was concerned with, the area Dr. C and his assistant pushed so hard for me to schedule because he saw decay and a possible root canal in the future, this dentist saw only that crown was cracked and needed to be recast.

That recasting is scheduled for next week, at close to $500 less than Dr. C had priced.

Debra, at She Who Seeks, will appreciate how the dental office is decorated for Easter.


BTW, the new dental office is two blocks away from Dr. C’s office. I had to actually drive right past his office, past Captain Jack’s cat house — which means I can continue to see what words of wisdom Captain Jack has posted for the world.

When I was in the area on the 24th, this is what the Captain had to offer.


When I say "cat house", I don’t mean a cattery, where cats are boarded. I mean the other kind of Cat House. The type of entertainment venue that our resident Church Lady would be disapproving of.

No sign of the Karen this morning, but the Talker is looking less stressed these days, so things must be better. Except, Talker is now walking with a cane.

It's amazing how quickly residents go down once moving in here, from staying indoors all the time and/or lack of activities I suppose.

Talker was working out on an indoor bike, until the Karen complained she could hear noise from the bike, that it aggravated her, so Talker stopped with that activity.

I'd have put a bike floor pad underneath it and kept riding on.

11 comments:

  1. We got lucky when we moved to Camden in finding a really good dentist. I have had some awful ones in the past, but Dr. Will, who is also quite hot, is the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does the town of Camden have anything to do with Lady Camden?

      Delete
  2. Yes, love those gnomes! You can always trust a place that has gnomes and, indeed, your new 2nd opinion dentist sounds much more reasonable and trustworthy than that other one.

    And holy moly, you still have all your teeth, PLUS your wisdoms? Wow, that's amazing. It it weren't for the miracle of modern dentistry, I'd be a toothless crone by now, LOL! Two bridges and at least 3 crowns. But I never did have wisdom teeth come in. Nor are they impacted under my upper/lower bone structure. X-rays show they just are non-existent. I always took this as a sign that I'm on a higher evolutionary plane than everyone else, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even have my first cavity until I was in my late 20's, but the way it's going, looks like I'll keep all my teeth but have a mouthful of fillings and caps. That's odd about your wisdoms non-existent. I'll buy that you've evolved beyond the need, LOL.

      Delete
  3. I’m glad the new dentist is working out. We have two different dentists here I would highly recommend, although travel time might have made it a bit inconvenient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think I'd have considered travel unless it was to reconnect with my Dr. McDreamy :-)

      Delete
  4. Glad you found a better dentist for yourself. Still have your wisdom teeth huh? Man you are doing everything right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I just fell into "right" because most of my life has been putting others first, following a spiritual path that put myself last or not at all. Somehow, I built up enough good Karma that I fell into a fairly comfortable retirement, fell into looking younger than I am, fell into still having my wisdoms.

      Delete
  5. Ah, glad you got that second opinion. He's right, your teeth are in better shape than most of your peers. Like you, I don't care to live "a very long time", but will try to make the best while I'm here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure sounds like the second dentist is better. Glad you were able to find them and get in to see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After having seen what's going on at the other dental office, since staff changes, I don't think I'll ever completely trust the new dental office or any dental office. But we'll see how it goes.

      Delete