Monday, March 7, 2022

Cleaning in the Rain

This little boy, heading off to face a new week, is all of us who are not fond of Mondays.


The vid is so relatable that it went viral — from TikTok to mainstream media, with his mom saying he was OK, had a flair for drama and "just wasn’t having it on a Monday".

Poor baby, feeling it already at only four years of age.

Speaking of TikTok, there's an unfolding drama — shades of Tinder Swindler. Only this pretty boy is using the lure of a serious relationship to talk women not out of money but into his bed.

It's not something one sees on TikTok, nor is it what the platform is for, but as the women have become aware of not being the only one, they're coming forward to out this guy, posting videos of how they've been used.

One woman is supposedly now pregnant by pretty boy, and it's just been discovered .... HE'S MARRIED.

Pretty boy has a brother on TikTok, equally pretty, and it's beginning to look like he's working the same scenario.

I hope Hollywood is paying attention because I see a movie.

Saturday was a drizzly day. So instead of checking out the Farmer’s Market — which a little rain would not have put a damper on, I instead decided to tackle housework that had been put off for way too long.

It started off with just laundry, but morphed into an all-day Spring Cleaning marathon — more specifically almost a 5K as I logged in over 6,000 steps.

Stiff and sore from bending, lifting, pushing, down the outside stairs, up the outside stairs, up down, down up, it was a long Epsom Salt soak Sunday and this morning, so I could get through this morning’s training session.

No news as to resolution of the situation between the Talker and her Karen neighbor. However, Red Light District (RLD) tells me the meeting was with Corporate, at Corporate, but the two warring parties were left out. Both are waiting to be told what's next.

When I ran into RLD on Sunday, she was using a walker. It’s her knees, she tells me — which accounts for the day she tried to climb the stairs to my unit, ended up stuck, on her knees.

A lot of residents with knee problems around here. I was one of them until Trainer began designing workouts to strengthen the muscles around the patella.

Our Painted Rock lady finally was able to get the operation on her knees, was looking forward to being able to throw the walker away, but now is hospitalized with COPD.

It's two steps forward, one step back for some of our seniors.

16 comments:

  1. LMAO!!!!!!! That used to be me. But since I don't work Mondays anymore, I now don't mind that so much. But Mondays and I used to be like oil and water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can absolutely see you as a dramatic child :-)

      Delete
  2. I saw that video. That was me as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's a surprise. I didn't peg you as a dramatic child.

      Delete
  3. Brava to you for putting in the hard work necessary to strengthen the muscles around your kneecaps -- it's really paid off for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep doing those exercises. We were with a group of older people on Sunday whom I had not seen in a few years. None of them could get down on the floor for a picture, except me and two of the men Terry being one of them. Made me very sad to see them in such bad shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you'd mentioned in your blog once something to the effect that you did some kind of exercise on the floor because, when the day comes one cannot get down on the floor and back up, it's pretty much over. Outside of the Pain Cave, I've been making sure to do a modified plank to make sure I can get down and up.

      Delete
  5. Bless the Painted Lady's heart. I remember similar times in my life when I couldn't win for losing. I really feel for the Talker. I hope she comes out ok. The result for the workout on the knees is wonderful. I still don't know how you do the exercise routine twice a week but I respect the Hell out of you for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to laugh when you said that about sometimes not being able to win for losing, as I've been there myself. I remember throwing my hands up to the proverbial heavens calling out "I don't know what I did wrong in my last life but I'm sorry. Will you please take your foot off my back now!" LOL. Actually, I work out three times a week and believe you me it was a chore in the beginning but after three years of doing so it's an imbedded routine.

      Delete
  6. That video gave me a chuckle thanks! Those senior knee issues is a heads up on what we have to face in our senior years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've seen that particular drama on TikTok but I have seen the drama between Tsosie (The, Hey Colonizer) guy and one of the women he slept with.

    Hopefully management/corporate can help those two tenants. But I doubt that anything is going to make 'Karen' happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How'd you manage to miss it. It's everywhere, everyone has an opinion and more has been revealed ... about the accuser this time. Search for "modern warrior chelsea hart drama". I'll have to look up the Colonizer. And you are correct about Karen. Nothing will make her happy. Not much one can do with a person as miserable as she chooses to be.

      Delete
    2. I looked up Colonizer and OMG ... same guy. He's the pretty boy.

      Delete
  8. Aging isn't for the faint of Heart, is it? But, it still beats the Alternative. My Thigh Muscles are what I'm trying to strengthen for the getting up from a squat position, which is getting harder now sometimes. I'm still quite flexible, which is a Bonus of Genes I suppose, my Dad could sit cross legged Indian Style right up to the end. The Man always asks me, when I'm twisted up like a Pretzel doing something, how does that not hurt? It just doesn't, never has. At least you got Spring Cleaning done early, so did I when The Son and Gypsy James were coming for that visit and I've kept it nice since, becoz I don't wanna do all that again anytime soon and I had let it go... this time I want to see if I can manage NOT to let things go and just keep on top of it daily?

    ReplyDelete