Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Double Yolk Day


Seeing double egg yolks hit the pan this morning made me feel a lot better about today’s dental procedure because of a dream I’d had two nights ago. Actually, a nightmare.

In the dream, I was in the dentist’s chair. He turned on the drill, made a movement towards my mouth to remove the broken cap BUT he’d not numbed the area.

I said "Stop! You’re not going to numb me?" Whereupon the dentist said, "If you want. Sure, we can do that".

I said, "I’m not doing this", got out of the chair and began to walk out.

No way, after that misstep, was he going to work on me.

As I was exiting, the receptionist called out that I’d still have to pay for the time I’d taken up that day.

I refused and called the cops — because I wanted a record of the call to protect myself from their calling the cops after I’d left to say I’d done so without paying.

Then as I was leaving, I told the receptionist I’d see them in court if they later tried to bill me, and that I was going to put them on Yelp blast for what the dentist had tried to do.

My Dream Interpretation book is in storage, so I can’t easily research what that dream really means. It may just be that, after how that last dentist played me — and the area he worked on still feeling like he went too far into the tooth, I’m a bit traumatized, fearful even of future dental visits.

At any rate, the double egg yolks are comforting, a sign this is going to be a good day, a lucky day.

I’ll be sure to play the lottery before the day ends.

In other news, my friend Q got his 4th Pfizer already.

Q is only in his early 50’s and I didn’t even know a second booster has been approved. Last I’d heard, a 4th shot was being discussed as a possibility.

Oh well, I guess this is my life now — dental visits and covid vaccinations.

17 comments:

  1. Good luck with the dentist. My therapist used to try and interpret my dreams but I have so many nightmares that she gave up. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "many nightmares" is probably a result of how much your building has changed since you first moved in -- that loud guy and the dealer.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy your blog, you are very insightful. I discovered you not to long ago. I hope you won't get offended but when I can't sleep at night I read your old blogs until I get sleepy. So far I am enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well reading my posts until you get sleepy made me LOL. More entertaining than counting sheep :-)

      Delete
  3. The eggs never lie -- good luck on the lottery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd blogged about getting double yolks back in August of last year. I didn't eat them and my luck wasn't great that day. I ate the ones this morning, so hopefully my lottery tickets pay off this time.

      Delete
  4. What a funky dream. Be sure and tell the dentist so he knows to be extra careful!
    CDC just approved the 2nd booster, but the FDA should approve it within the week. I think Q's doc may have technically jumped the gun a bit, but I doubt the covid police will come after him.
    Yep, I want my 2nd booster as soon as my doc says okay.
    I didn't know double egg yolks were a sign of good luck. The sight of them in your photo kind of freaks me out. But, you're the mother of twins, so you understand that twin stuff.
    Hope you win the lottery BIG TIME! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that's funny that they freak you out. Have you never seen double yolks? A commenter once said there was a restaurant that specialized in dishes made ONLY from doubles. I don't know how they managed to get a supply of eggs with double yolks because, how can they tell it's two in there and as far as I know, doubles are rare.

      Delete
  5. I have never had a double yolk. Maybe that's why I never win the lottery???

    I think we're up for Shot #4 next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is news to me that some folks have never had a double yolk. I hope No. 4 is as easy peasy as Nos. 2 and 3. No. 1 was a little rough.

      Delete
  6. I read that double-yolk eggs occur about one in a thousand. I've never seen one in real life. Go win that lottery!
    Bad enough that you're dealing with sketchy dentists during your waking hours, but they're showing up in your dreams/ nightmares now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "One in a thousand"!!! Well, now I feel special. I got one in July of 2021, August of 2021 and now this morning.

      Delete
    2. Your frequency of double yolks above the norm must be because of the twin vibes you project, eh? Linda in Kansas

      Delete
  7. I don't think I've ever had a double yolk day. So I guess the yolks on me. Or is it on you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I hope it was a double-yolk day in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got dental woes myself. My old dentist who I like is across town by my old apartment. Since I don't have dental insurance anymore I'm going to try to find someone over here. It is a drag having to find new doctors, dentists and shamans. LOL

    ReplyDelete