Sunday, November 28, 2021

It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Jan has been leaving Christmas themed rocks along my pathway.




Before heading out of town for Thanksgiving, I’d noticed the neighbor around the corner had her patio display up.


Upon my return, I saw she’d added poinsettia to the display.


Going outside this evening, to see how the display looks after dark, I find that her neighbors have holidayed up that side of the building.


Neighbor across the quad, who won Second Place Halloween Patio, thus far has decorated only her bedroom window.


The sheer type curtains, lighted up red, seems less like Christmas to me and more like what I've seen in old movies — symbolic of Red-Light Districts, Pleasure Districts, if you know what I mean.

Next door neighbor brought in a Christmas Tree today, with plans to set it up inside, so I guess that means no outside patio decorations, except for mine, on this side of the building.

I managed to get my display up the traditional Day after Thanksgiving, even though that was the same day I arrived back and should have been resting.



Heading out this morning to run errands, I took the long way around the driveway, and saw a few residents had done the bare minimum — Big Linda set up what looks to be a pre-lit reindeer, another resident added a wreath to the railing, two others have added lights to the railing. Other than that, I spotted no further decorated patios — except one resident still has scarecrows up from Halloween, LOL.

It’s still early, so I'm sure to see further elaborate displays.

Working myself up to making tamales sometime this week, I stopped at Sprouts for free-range organic chicken today, then headed for the craft store.

While checking out, I noticed the name tag on the cashier — "Kenny".

Right away, my mind went to South Park and, I said, "Your name is Kenny".

He looked up, a puzzled look on his face as to what I was about to say and replied "Yes?".

"Do you get teased a lot about South Park", said I.

His face lit up and he giggled like a girl, replying "Not so much now, but when I was in elementary school".

What’s really funny is that he’s been teased as the Kenny character — the one that gets killed in every episode, when in actuality he seriously looks like Cartman ... all rosey cheeked with a roly poly body form.

After running errands, I sat on the couch pondering whether or not to put the Christmas knickknacks on display.

Now that I’ve got the sewing machine out, and I’m having to move things around to make room to iron fabric at various stages, lay out the cutting mat at various stages, spread out the quilt at various stages, it’s like there is just too much stuff around me. The walls are closing in so, the Santa Nutcracker will have to suffice as inside decorations, everything else is going back into storage. Besides I don't entertain, the knickknacks were just for me, and me can do without further clutter this time around.

18 comments:

  1. Your place looks jolly! Interesting perception on your neighbor's movie style red light through the wispy curtains. I thought red light districts had one red light. Of course, New Orleans has them swinging in the picture windows! Gotta go vote! This is SO much more fun than politicians. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should throw some beads on her patio, LOL. Thanks for the votes.

      Delete
  2. I love your balcony. We did our house this weekend, and it's looking very festive.

    Tamales! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you spot our matching gift boxes? Where did you place yours?

      Delete
  3. Thats a lot of stuff in a small space!!! Yours looks better. You had me cackling with laughter over the red light district. For years I do red lights on my tree, with all red balls of all sizes and tones of red and then add antique bird clips in. My friends say "Party at the Red light District are you going?" LOL!

    But it seems fitting for me. Racy, evil and non -traditional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem fitting for you, LOL, but not something one would expect to see at a senior complex. Can't wait to see what she does with the patio.

      Delete
  4. You make me feel like a slacker, seeing all you've accomplished since Thanksgiving. Love your patio display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to get things over with so I can relax after, but I am now exhausted.

      Delete
  5. I love the new header. I put up a few decorations today. I doubt the Grand Girls will be over before Christmas so I've got enough up to make me feel festive and the rest, like you, are going back in storage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I are going for the "less is more" look :-)

      Delete
  6. I love your new seasonal header photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving all the decorations. We decorated our apartment but we still have a few things to add before I take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cast my 10 Votes for your Lovely Daughter, thanks for letting me know how to do it, I'm so Tech Challenged. Love all the Spirit that your Neighborhood is getting into, they're doing a great job of pimping those Balconies with Christmas Spirit! *Smiles* The Red Light District one cracked me up tho', it's exactly what I thought when I saw it! Perhaps she's spreading some 'Cheer' inside behind those Curtains? The salacious stories we can Dream up to amuse ourselves! *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red-light neighbor spreading "cheer" would be fun to watch, LOL. Thanks for the votes!

      Delete