Sunday, November 14, 2021

Mixed Messages

Saturday was a waste of time and energy because, arriving at the designated location, at the designated time for the Moderna Booster, I was turned away.

The pharmacist said I was 17 days too soon.

I’m getting mixed messages.

Over and over and over I’ve heard on the news that boosters are available for the over 65. There was no mention of six months after your second dose, it was all booster booster booster but okay. If that’s the way it’s being handled, then that’s the way it’s being handled, BUT I was only 17 days away from qualifying, and I was there, so why not get ‘er done.

But nooooo. Come back in 17 days.

In the process of checking in, they’d taken my vaccination card, placed in a little basket.

"You’re keeping my card?" asked I.

It was to be returned to me after the shot.

"You’d better not lose it or it’ll cause me big trouble" said I.

When turned away a few minutes later by the pharmacist, I asked for my vaccination card back and had a moment of panic when there was a flurry behind the counter as the pharmacist and the clerk who took it began searching.

Once located, I saw the pharmacist bent over doing something.

Handing it back to me I could see clumpy strokes of whiteout.

The clerk had filled in an area indicating "booster" and "date booster taken". Since I was being turned away, the pharmacist had whited that out.

It looked sloppy, made me think others presented to would assume I’d tampered with, so I said, "Did you just invalidate my card?"

"No" said the pharmacist, "But if we did, we’ll make you a new one".

I should have requested a new one right then and there, but didn’t think of it until I was halfway home. At any rate, they’d better not give me grief over whiteout being on my card when I return, accuse ME of tampering.

Just in case, I’ll book the return date for a Saturday, when I’m likely to deal with the same faces. I’ll also ask for a brand-new card, so the doctored area won’t cause me grief down the road.

The day wasn’t a total loss because, inasmuch as I was out and about, I got that Starbucks card loaded for Trainer, had another loaded to give him at Christmas, and had a card loaded for the mail carrier.

My Holiday shopping is DONE!

I also stopped by the craft store, picked up transfer paper, and made a workout tank top that had the Eat the Rich graphics I’d mention a post or two or three ago — as seen on a jacket worn by a judge on Making the Cut.

While searching for the self-same graphics, I ran across a news item indicating Cher had been wearing an Eat the Rich top for over four decades. It was a favorite of hers, and she’d been distressed to find it had suddenly disappeared from her closet.

Because Cher is Cher, “when the professionals at Swarovski heard about the pop diva losing her favorite rhinestone embellished” tank top, they made her another.


I could have bedazzled mine as well but, other than my pandemic masks, rhinestones/glitter is not for me.

Did you happen to notice Cher and I have something other than matching Eat the Rich tank tops in common?

A possible Six degrees of separation situation?

Check out the matching cheekbones.

24 comments:

  1. Definitely matching check bones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I’ll also ask for a brand-new card"
    That thought was running through my head before I read it. This is a definite for sure request. Do leave the store with out it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, I will. I'd better ... if they don't want an ugly scene. I also have a photo of the card on my phone from before they put the whiteout on it.

      Delete
  3. Ooooo, the phone pic is a good back-up. We don't want you arrested trying to get on a plane. I'd have them make you an entire brand new one just to avoid the possibility of future difficulties.
    I don't think the advertising and promotion of the booster shot can handle going into the details on their short public service announcements. I've heard all the way from 2 months to one year. Science-wise, the 6 month timeframe is good for what they know now. I hurried to get my first two Modernas in January and February. By the time the Moderna booster was ok to get, I was at 9 months since my 2nd shot. Whew!
    I bet that pharmacist stopped preparing his info on the card before the shot was actually given.
    Yep, Cher is certainly in your family....I think you're more beautiful! Cheers, Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully my situation stopped the practice of preparing info on the card BEFORE the shot, and for sure I won't be leaving when I go back until they make me a new card. "More beautiful" than Cher. :-) and blushing emoji, but I think not.

      Delete
  4. With the push to get as many people boosted as possible I can't believe they just didn't do your jab! Deffo get a new card. Are you able to download your vaccine record onto your phone? We have the vaccine card but it's not acceptable for entry etc, only a download or a letter we can request from the NHS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 17 days to soon didn't seem like a big deal to me, so I don't see why they just didn't either. I have a photo of the card on my phone so I don't have to carry it everywhere I go, if that's what you mean by a download. That's interesting about needing a letter.

      Delete
    2. Hi, no the download is a 2D barcode - if you plan to attend an event that requires you to be vaccinated you can download and they can scan at entry. You can also request a letter from the NHS which you can use as a vaccine passport when travelling. Parts of the UK at the moment are requiring proof of vaccination before entry (night clubs or places with a high level of attendance etc).

      Delete
    3. Oh, I see. They're not that thorough over here, and I don't see myself ever travelling or in a night club. They didn't even ask to see my card when I checked into a hotel a few weeks ago, so I think I'm good with a photo and/or the actual card.

      Delete
  5. I googled about getting a booster and that's where I learned the "at least six months" clarifier. Hadn't heard anything about that before. As far as the vaccination cards go, they are not official documents like a drivers license, etc. Still, I understand you wanting one that isn't sullied by white out! Yeah, ask for a fresh one.
    I was obsessed with Cher as a kid, and now I'm blog buddies with her sis ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I made my appointment for the booster they asked the date of my 2nd shot or last shot. Even though I knew it had to be 6 months after they made sure of it. Then when I got there I had to show them my card so they could see it's been 6 months. So I'm so sorry the place you went to didn't do any work on their part and make you waste your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, wasted my time, messed up my card and probably wasted a dose they could have just given me and be done. But ... there's a reason for everything. We'll see how it goes next time.

      Delete
  7. I have never seen you and Cher together in the same room, and now I know why!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shirt.
    Using whiteout on the card instead of just making a new one was kinda idiotic on their part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and the fact they even had whiteout on hand begs the question of why.

      Delete
  9. Oh no! I hope you don't experience any negative outcomes because of the white-out on your vaccination card. Hopefully your card will be replaced without any hassles. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mistake was not speaking up immediately ... requesting a new card. One lives, one learns. But I'm sure to get it taken care of when I return.

      Delete
  10. We had been told it was 6-9 Months before you could qualify for the Booster, I wasn't sure they'd give it to me at 64, but when I brought The Man in, they did us both, so I was relieved they weren't sticklers about the Age thing. For the initial Vaccines we had to get it in 6 different time Frames to get The Man, then me, then Princess T done rather than doing the entire Family at once... plus it spread out our self-quarantine period for longer to stay in lock down to ensure none of us got it and gave it to the others. I wouldn't be okay with whiteout on my Vaccine Card since I too would think it had been altered and not accepted then... make them give you a new Card when you finally get your Booster Shirley, just to be on the safe side of it being and looking legit and not tampered with. And... you got more cleavage than Cher GF. *Winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFLMAO! Somewhere in the six degrees bloodline, I did indeed come up with more cleavage than Cher.

      Delete