Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Too Soon?

On the parking lot at the other market Monday — the non-security guard market, heading in for a few items, I saw a couple loading their car with groceries. The woman had a rather large Santa figurine in her arms, which I assumed she’d just bought while inside.

Thinking it kinda of early for that, when we’ve not yet had Thanksgiving, I walked out of the market 20 minutes later with eggs, kale, tomatoes, frozen potatoes and ……

I couldn’t resist.

Setting him up on top of the bookcase, where he can’t be missed, seeing him with his hot chocolate and plate of gingerbread men cookies makes me smile.


Also makes me anxious for the Day After Thanksgiving, when the tradition is to haul my other Christmas decorations out of storage, get them set up.

Rumor has it that the Tyrant is so pleased with himself over the Halloween patio decorations contest, that he’s doing it again for Christmas.

Is this the “something for everyone” the Tyrant was talking about when he told Activity Director he was taking the money budgeted for Arts & Crafts in November AND December? 

Is the "something" lousy trophies for Halloween Patio winners AND Christmas Patio winners?

My guess is yes, but trophies for the top three is no more promising "something for everyone" as was his "family friendly only" declaration.

The bad thing about these contests is the Tyrant taking credit for something us residents have always done.

The good thing about these contests is more residents than the usual handful will join in, as it was with those Halloween pop up displays.

Walking up at 4 a.m. this morning, too early to start my day, too early to make noises that would disturb my neighbors, I logged onto the laptop, popped in my earphones and watched the Season 2 Finale of Heidi Klum & Tim Gunn’s Making the Cut.

Unlike Season 1, when I was behind the now famous fashion designer Johnny Cota from the beginning, I could not decide between two designers.

I viewed both as underdogs (I have a tendency to root for the underdog) — the guy because he appeared to struggle with physical afflictions, which I felt was making it difficult for him in the business; the woman because I felt the color of her skin was making getting ahead in the business difficult for her.

I couldn’t pick between the two right up to the finale, but at least my record of picking winners was on point, because both were in the finale.

The current running Project Runway may end my winning streak because, thus far, I can't pick a designer to get behind as I don't really care for any of them.

At any rate, I had two takeaways from Season 2 of Making the Cut. The first takeaway being a godawful outfit Heidi was wearing in Episode 3.



What?

Why?

The second takeaway was a fabulous jacket one of the judges was wearing in the finale.


I may have to find this design on a workout tank top OR make one myself.

Trainer tells me he had a woman come into the studio asking, "Do you take seniors?"

"Sure", said Trainer. “I have a client who’s 77”.

"Oh no!", said the woman. "I mean like me ... 35".

Trainer, being 35 himself and not thinking of himself as being anywhere near a senior, said he’d been so surprised at what she’d said that he’d blurted out "What the f__k!". LOL.

First of all … In what world is 35 considered a senior?

Secondly … he’d answered her question when he’d said he had a client that was 77 because, if the woman was worried about being too old to train at Age 35, him saying he has a client way older should have allayed her concerns.

Maybe I should change the design to "Eat the Stupid".

Actually, it’s kind of sad that someone at 35 is thinking of herself as old … a senior.

20 comments:

  1. While I think it is far too early to be selling Christmas stuff, your little Santa is adorable.

    And Heidi has always had terrible tatse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he just, and Heidi must have gotten paid to promote that outfit.

      Delete
  2. Your cute Santa looks like he has some Nutcracker in his background, too. Surely you can find some coal in a stocking to place at Tyrant's door, for his decoration. Have fun pulling your holiday collection out. Been voting for Twin 1. (She needs to offer some Beauty ideas to Heidi. That t-shirt / dress combination looks worse than men wearing socks with sandals.) Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You nailed it. Santa IS a nutcracker. "Men wearing socks with sandals", LOL. Doggie do would be a better gift for the Tyrant and thanks for voting. Every vote counts

      Delete
  3. I have always been in retail in some form, and still refuse to rush the seasons. I don't even think of Christmas till around the second week of December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you wait until 2nd week of December, at the pace everything is going, Christmas will be a distant memory in the stores. You'll be seeing Valentine Day decorations.

      Delete
    2. You'd be proud though...I did order me Christmas cards!

      Delete
  4. Well, it IS too early, but that Santa's so cute, I guess you couldn't help yourself! :)

    35 a senior? That woman has a looooong time left to hate herself. Sheesh.

    How do we vote for the twin? Obviously I've missed something here. No surprise, since I don't get nearly as much time for reading blogs as I'd like to. Just let me know and I'll try to throw in a few extra votes for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added a link to my daughter's photo that will take you directly to the voting site https://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/cnn.heroes/vote/10/. You are allowed to slide the button to 10 votes daily until December 7. Every vote counts, so please do. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Did the 35-year-old seriously think of herself as a senior? Early onset dementia?
    A Santa with hot chocolate and gingerbread cookies! Too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to trainer she did, and he took it kinda personally since he too is 35. LOL. I hope she signs up for training, so I can get a look at her.

      Delete
  6. I haven't watched Heidi and Tim since I cut the cord but I did like that program. I agree on Heidi's dress. What??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color of her shoes, with that outfit, isn't working either. She must have gotten dressed in the dark.

      Delete
  7. Darn it, my comment posted itself again. I want to add that I had ordered some Christmas balls from Target. Since I have a new apartment, I will have to come up with new decorations and I think I am going in a new direction. If they don't work I'll return them but I wanted to be sure I had enough for day after Thanksgiving Christmas decorating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be interesting to see what the new direction is going to be.

      Delete
  8. I wish our non-existent manager would do a Christmas door decoration contest. That would be fun. They used to before this place got bought by the new owners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how it is that new ownership changes everything. Are you going to decorate your door regardless? It might motivate others to do likewise.

      Delete