Friday, November 12, 2021

Abort Mission

I can’t decide who disgusts me most — This snot nosed guy ……


Or the obviously biased judge presiding over the case — who needs to not only be removed from the case, but from the bench as well.

I’ve been trying to avoid the subject of this upsetting trial — upsetting because the outcome seemed pre-determined from the start by the actions of that judge but, inasmuch as the two of them keep popping up on the screen of the TV and laptop, I just had to get THAT off my chest … the fact that both disgusts me.

Now on to today’s news.

Trainer was telling me that the bank has reopened and now has a security guard posted out front.

Oh sure, thought I. Someone comes in with a shotgun, robs the bank, they spring for a security guard. However, when one of our residents back in September of last year, who admittedly should have known better, walked out of the bank, cash in hand, counting it, and a young man ran up to her, grab the cash from her hands and took off running, no security guard was hired to protect customers.

At any rate, after this morning’s workout, I looked over and sure enough a security guard, and not just one but TWO.

It’s a little like locking the barn door after the horse has been stolen, but at least there is now security for both the bank and its customers.

Speaking of security guards ... At Wednesday’s session, Trainer said he’d gone to the deli in the market to pick up a sandwich for lunch and noticed the creepy security guard wasn’t there. That he’d been replaced by a female security guard and it was safe for me to shop that day.

Unfortunately, I’d not planned on grocery shopping that day, did not have cash with me, so Trainer said that inasmuch as he was also planning to hit the deli on Friday (today), he’d give me a heads-up.

Sure enough, I got a message from trainer this morning to “Abort Mission” which I knew meant not to plan for marketing today, because that creepy security guard was on duty. ROFLMAO!

Not able to do marketing after this morning’s workout, planning ahead, I instead drove to Starbucks to pick up a Thanksgiving Gift Card to give to Trainer before I head out of town on the 23rd.

The hurry for retailers to get to Christmas is getting to be a bit annoying, because Starbucks had bypassed general gift cards and Thanksgiving gift cards, replacing everything with Christmas gift cards.

Trainer will get a gift card for Christmas but, right now, I want something that has a general or Thanksgiving theme, so I walked out with nothing.

On the drive back home, wondering if I should check other Starbuck locations, I remembered that I had, in the past, been collecting Starbucks gift cards I thought pretty, with the idea of turning into a craft project.

I thought I remembered giving up on that project and tossing those cards the last time I decluttered the unit of things I did not use.

I wasn’t sure I’d tossed and, all the way home, kept saying to myself it would have been stupid to toss, asking myself to please tell me I kept those cards.

Lucky me.


I’d not tossed them during the last declutter. Instead, I’d collected from the drawers they’d been tossed into and placed into a baggie.

Who knew that habit of picking up pretty cards would come in handy one day, when Starbucks would blow through Thanksgiving, go straight to Christmas with its offerings.

At any rate, the green card in the upper right corner will work.

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad your bank is so much safer now. (Uh, maybe that person shouldn't stand outside and count their money either.)
    I'm concerned the creepy security guy at the grocery is enough to keep you from shopping. Can you talk to the store's manager and see if he can be switched with someone else? Or at least told how not look at folks and appear nicer. Good luck, stay safe. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's too smart. Neither his manager or coworkers would believe me. He's like the neighborhood pervert who gets away with it because he's befriended everyone and, when he's exposed, no one believes it, stand up for and rallies behind. He comes across as overly sweet, overly nice, overly helpful but I SEE HIM because I've experienced the leach carefully crafted persistent flirtatious side of him.

      Delete
  2. What is this declutter thing you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clutter management. When I start clearing the unit of things I no longer need. LOL. Trust me. Declutter is a real word.

      Delete
  3. I hate to say it but I think that MURDERER is gonna get off, or get a VERY LIGHT sentence.
    I hate to say it, and it saddens me, but if you're walking around counting a wad of cash in your hand., you're kind of asking for someone to rob you.
    I am a de-clutterer for life. I am always telling Carlos to get rid of things you don't need, and keep the things you do neatly organized. Does he listen? Oy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not wrong on either. It's pretty obvious the snot nose is getting off and will be free to commit other atrocities. We'll just have to wait for the greater judge .... Karma, to one day catch up with him. It was a HUGE learning lesson for the resident, and I hope you know you've made us all fall in love with your Carlos :-)

      Delete
  4. I get the feeling xmas shopping is starting early this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has indeed, but one would think retailers would give just a little nod to things going on that are not Christmas.

      Delete
  5. When I get a Starbucks as a gift I load it onto my main card and toss the empty one. Now thanks to you I'll keep one or two to use down the line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knew the day would come when we'd need to be prepared.

      Delete
  6. That Kid's fake hysteria was so staged... and he's a Vigilante Murderer and the Far Right are making him into some Folk Hero Poster Child for their sick causes. He crossed State Lines with an Illegal Weapon and was looking for Trouble... he looked and acted like any number of mass Shooters who've spread carnage in Schools/Crowds/etc. so it's no wonder Citizens tried to overpower him and disarm him... who goes to a Protest with a High Powered loaded Assault Rifle unless they intended to use it and want to try to justify Killing people? And that Judge, don't even get me started, he should have recused himself and he's not fit to Serve on the Bench, he should Retire... at the very least. And that other Trial is even more sickening, but at least I think perhaps the Jury won't have as much trouble convicting that Trio of the Hunting and Lynching of an unarmed Man for Jogging while being Black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both trials are so upsetting that I'm doing all I can not to hear about or read the dailys, but it's been hard to miss that biased judge and that little manipulative snot nose guy. Hope they both enjoy getting over because, as I once heard someone say, Karma has everyone's address. The jogger murders will get some little time, not enough to suit me, but hopefully enough to screw up what's left of their lives and finances.

      Delete