Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Shenanigans

Having received a notice to be out by the 31st, because she’s been deemed over-income, I was surprised to run into the Talker this morning, looking like she had all the time in the world.

"Did you find a place?" asked I.

"I did, but now I don’t have to move. I was prepared to sign the lease tomorrow, but he (the Tyrant) just told me I didn’t have to move. There was a mistake in the paperwork. I can stay as long as I like".

What the heck is going on here?

I, who thought for sure I’d be kicked to the curb for being over-income, was told I don’t have to worry, it doesn’t apply to me. Now, after the Talker was put to the trouble of preparing for a move, she’s been told she can stay as long as she likes.

The reason she was given for this turnabout was that a mistake, in the paperwork, occurred at the Corporate level.

I doubt that.

The mistake … if there was a mistake, is more likely to have been made closer to home — in our own front office.

So anyway, I’m glad for the Talker, I’m relieved for myself, but there are some kind of shenanigans going on.

Logging into Candy Crush this afternoon, I see they’d changed one of their candies into jack-o-lanterns.


Cute, but doesn’t make passing the level any easier.

Not so cute, but scary fun if one does a lot of inside decorating for Halloween, is the peel and stick grate wall decal that popped up in my feed.


What would be hilarious, but wrong, is for someone to stick the decal to the side of a random building. Hide, then watch as passersby's freak out.

On another note, responding to JanF’s comment that she was amazed I could get three striped candy corn colors on my smaller toe nails … Jan, it’s accomplished by using wedge shaped nail sponges.


First, I paint my nails white. Once that’s dried, I paint tiny stripes on the sponge for the smaller nails, press and swipe the sponge across the nail; larger stripes for larger nails, press and swipe.

Easy peasy.

13 comments:

  1. I think that is very clever, but also skilled work! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that is how it was done. I guess I lost all of my girly powers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's another method, involving nail tape, but sponges are the easiest.

      Delete
  3. Jeepers! Sounds a bit precarious to trust that you can even stay. Tempting to deal only with corporate, but then again, what if there is some stupid error that they would discover to allow them to kick you out? (In case you ever need it, heck out any old nursing homes, that churches purchased and fixed up for senior living apartments, as part of their mission. Mine was a dandy referral from a retired nurse buddy: 1800 sq ft for $735 a month is the unique one I have on campus. Yep, flat Kansas is cheaper too, but it could rent for 2x that. Utilities included.)
    Your twinkle toe candy corn method sounds complicated. I'd screw it up royally. Stay out of trouble! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe you me. After what the Talker told me, the thought they could mess up my paperwork and come at me later did come to mind. I've decided not to let their incompetence worry me. It's gonna be what it's gonna be and I'll roll with it. I've seen too many horror movies to live in an old nursing home, turned into senior apartments.

      Delete
  4. Do you think they might be having trouble filling units, and are turning a blind eye to income requirements just to have bodies in them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When that awful Nurse Ratched was here, we had whole quads of vacancies, people didn't want to live here. But we've had a waiting list since she was removed, and former residents trying to move back, so no. It's a mystery, but it's working for me and the Talker, so the mystery is a gift.

      Delete
  5. That grate wall sticker would Freak. Me. OUT! Thanks for the nail tutorial. I don't typically paint my nails, but this seems so easy, my lazy self might try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let us see the final product. And, btw, there will be some clean up work around the edges. An easy peel polish barrier, like Magique Second Skin around the nails was suggested to me, but I found the clean up using rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip worked just as well.

      Delete
    2. Oops, Q-tip and polish remover, not rubbing alcohol.

      Delete
  6. I love the idea of the scary grate. That would be fun to watch.
    Sounds like the office people are up to something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing stays hidden forever so, whatever is going on, we'll eventually ferret it out eventually. That grate would be perfect for your Halloween décor. You could put it outside, under the witch or outside by your door, to scare the druggies away from sitting in your chair. LOL.

      Delete