Monday, July 1, 2024

Okay Monday, I Can Do This

How often have I awakened in the morning to find a message from the VP of these United States?


What is: Like Never.

I’d answered former President Obama’s call to make a donation to Joe’s ActBlue, now Kamala is saying they’re counting on me.

The Power, Mega and Super are all into the millions. So, if the Universe wants me to give more, a lottery win is in order.

Otherwise, what I gave is all I can do, other than hope/pray for the best outcome even though it seems, with this latest stunt by the Supreme Court, we are sooooo screwed.

After the surprise of seeing Kamala in my in-box, came the apprehension of having to head out for this morning’s workout and how Compton would react to my not calling/texting (rejection), should I run into him.

I know from experience that some men, especially young men, have fragile egos — want to lash out, hurt someone, hurt something when women don’t react the way they want/expect women to.

If confronted, I’d planned to not make excuses for not calling/texting but to straight talk in terms someone Compton’s age could understand ………… "I don’t know you like that".

Fortunately, he was nowhere in sight AND his car was parked properly — facing forward in the carport, rather than reversed to where he could sit/watch AND, there was no angry young man vandalism to the jeep — scratches, flattened tire.

Returning to the complex, I decided to bypass the direct route to my unit, which would take me past the unit where Compton resides with his mom — which allows him to see my comings/goings, but to take the path around where Shadow lives, round the corner where Talker lives, then approach my unit from the opposite side of the walkway, taking care to not make too much noise climbing the stairs to alert Compton of my presence.

With his parking correctly, it seems Compton is, hopefully, embarrassed and is now avoiding me. With my changing my route, I’m avoiding him.

I’m good with this passive solution; that we avoid each other, just forget the whole thing ever happened.

However, I’m keeping his note for evidence should passive turn aggressive in the future.


Why did Compton use all caps, like it was an emergency; and why, after all these years, has Compton begun behaving so oddly in, let’s say, the last 12 months or so?

What’s happened in his life to change things?

Maybe nothing’s changed, maybe unbeknownst to me he’s been doing this all along with someone else on the complex.

Trainer says it’s because Compton lives on a senior complex, all he sees and has access to are seniors; that Compton knows I’m single and one of the "Hot Girls".

LOL. I like the idea of being considered a hot girl amongst us seniors, LOL; but I think Compton is just bored and has been smoking too much of that funny stuff.

On another note, commentor JanF said she loves that at 80, I will wear distressed shorts, and "can we see a photo?"


Not all that short when I’m standing JanF, but when I’m sitting the look goes to short shorts risqué.


16 comments:

  1. Glad Compton appears to be backing off. Many young people print all in caps these days -- they can't write or read in cursive. Caps are all they know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is hilarious that caps are all young people know. At least, his spelling was correct.

      Delete
  2. Maybe Compton is realizing the error of his ways. I agree with Debra; it’s possible Compton only writes in all caps. I have a great nephew, brilliant, currently in college. He can’t read or write cursive!!! You look GREAT in those shorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty much amazed by Debra saying young people can only write in caps and now I have to wrap around my head they can't even read cursive. Must cause quite the problem when a document requires signature.

      Delete
  3. I will say that I took architecture and drafting courses in college and I still write in all caps, well, print in all caps.
    But good that Compton may have realized he was overstepping.
    And you in those shorts? Gurrrrrrrrrl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I bet you can write and read in cursive if you want to. "Gurrrrrrl" is high praise 😊

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the photo, you look terrific in those shorts and I am sure you will get a lot of use from them this summer! JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best $3.50 I've ever spent. Who would have thought torn and tattered clothing would one day be so fashionable.

      Delete
  5. I read your blog religiously, I guess I am a stalker also. You look nice in the shorts even without the leggins. I took a package to UPS to be mailed. I wrote who the package was going to and who the sender was. It was in cursive the young lady told me she could not read it but the handwriting was pretty. You are smart to be aware of your surrounding around Compton. I do enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am honest to God 🤣🤣🤣 over what the UPS young lady said ... couldn't read but handwriting pretty. As for Compton, I suddenly remembered yesterday that when the girl downstairs moved in 5/6 years ago, she (age late 40's, not even 55 because she was a special County case) made a complaint to the office that Compton was flirting/coming on to her. I didn't believe it when I heard about the complaint from his mother. No one else did either, because the girl downstairs beneath my unit is "strange", to say the least. But now I think she must have been telling the truth. You are not a stalker, you lurk. I sometimes also lurk other blogs. But stalker or lurker, thanks for reading.

      Delete
  6. I hate that we're in times when I feel I need to donate more and more money to stop Trump from getting elected. The end of our Democracy is at stake. I'm so mad at the Supreme Court...or rather the men of the court. The three women did us proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so depressing, what the Supreme Court has been doing insofar as colluding in the destruction of democracy that I've made a vow to no longer watch or read the news. And I don't know why Biden's donors are deserting him because, no matter what, they have to see what the other option is and that option is not good for the country.

      Delete
  7. The Supreme Court was stacked and corrupted, padded with Dark Money, for just these purposes and Rulings... so, no Surprises there really. The Country and in fact several Global Democracies are in trouble with Far Right Extremist movements threatening to overthrow their Governments. I'd like to imagine it is not a coordinated effort Globally, but, it's looking like it could be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great for 80. You are definitely young at heart. Hopefully Compton leaves you alone now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and I certainly hope Compton stays in his lane and age-appropriate group.

      Delete