Thursday, July 11, 2024

Paint Party

I was spared any interactions with Compton yesterday — did not see him hanging out in the car and, insofar as I know, he did not see me.

However, because I’ve the security cam in the window now, I did learn I was incorrect in thinking he does not work.

I got an alert that someone was within camera range around 6:30 yesterday evening, saw it was he heading out, dressed like a security guard.

I’m beginning to see a pattern here, a theme. It seems that every man I’ve lately found annoying has been a security guard; and this one wasn't initially obvious by wearing of the uniform, yet and still pushed my buttons.

I’m assuming Compton works nights.

After his mother became bored with being retired, she got into the same line of work and, inasmuch as she presents very well, she probably got him the job.

In other news, I made it down to the Community Room on Tuesday, to check out what the new Activity Director had to offer by way of Arts and Crafts. Turned out to be pre-printed canvases with ready to print designs.

Painting is a craft I’m not good at, but I gave it a go.



Only 8 residents showed up — 7 of us regulars and a new resident with only two weeks in.

I’m going to call this new resident "Name Dropper" because she was quick to drop the name John Travolta.

Evidentially her granddaughter is an actress. She recounted granddaughter’s filmography — named films and TV shows I wasn’t familiar with, and how, when granddaughter was a child actress, she (Name Dropper) had been on set when granddaughter had a role with Travolta in Phenomenon.

BFD.

Catching up on all the who what whys, I learned Upstairs Lady (resident with the troublesome legs) had taken Di (Apache’s old friend, the resident that had been involved with Meat Man’s son — he in his mid to late 20’s, she her 60’s) had been taken to the medical office across the street when her blood pressure reached 200.

That she (Upstairs Lady) is "Tired of babysitting Di" …… urging her to take the medication she doesn’t want to take because she doesn’t believe in taking meds …… giving her calls and sending texts to make sure she’s okay …… urging her to get out …… keeping her informed of activities because she (Di) won’t read the activity calendar and though no one has seen Di in a while, she isn’t checking on her any further because "I’m tired of babysitting her. I’ve got my own problems".

Not Dead Nancy is reported as back from many months of hospitalization.

When last mentioned on the blog, Not Dead Nancy’s daughters were going into the unit removing things, which concerned Nancy’s neighbors as they did not know if the girls had permission to do so while NDN was hospitalized and questions arose that NDN might not be coming back.

The ones that have actually seen NDN said she’s "lost a ton of weight" but, inasmuch as she wasn’t big or overweight to begin with, that doesn’t sound good.

Conversation inevitably turned to Shadow’s passing and how, as a regular attendee at bingo and other events, not to mention an all-around likeable guy, he is missed and what Bicycle Boy did to Shadow’s shrine.

"The office has a stack of complaints made against him (BB) this thick", said the Baker demonstrating "this" by holding up fingers measuring about three inches apart.

I’m not surprised by the complaints. Nor am I surprised that complaints were undoubtedly made to all the various Complex Managers we’ve had over the years, and not one has acted on them.

When BB and Apache were at each other, management chose BB’s side when there had been no complaints by residents against Apache.

Some at the table had not heard of Head Maintenance Guy’s transferring to a different property.

None at the table were sorry to hear he’d gone or had anything positive to say about HMG’s maintenance skills and abilities.

You, Paranormal John, will appreciate this next update.

Hell on Wheels was in attendance at the paint party, accompanied by her latest Caregivers.

I say latest, because HOW, described as "difficult", has gone through more Caregivers than we've gone through Complex Managers — her Caregivers keep quitting.

It was said that one caregiver reached a point where she couldn’t take it a second longer that day, left HOW alone, hid out in the Community Room, head in her hands, moaning "THAT WOMAN!".

We’ll see how long this new caregiver can take it.

And that, as they say, is The Tea.

20 comments:

  1. What a Tea Party goin' on! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the Hell on Wheels update. Why am I not surprised. Being an RN, I had my share of HOW types. Moaning comes with the territory! The Tea keeps getting tastier at the Tales of the Complex. Keep em coming!
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised whatever agency is providing these caretakers put up with it. Keep sending victims to her.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I see what you did there -- "the tea" from "the coffee paint party!" And you did a good job of your painting, I must say. You are so inventive in naming the other tenants! Some of your monikers for them make me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I call 'em as I see 'em 😉. I kept my painting to a minimum because I was afraid I'd screw it up as I'm not good at that craft.

      Delete
  4. Oh I live for Tales of the Complex and all the names ... how did i ever miss Not Dead Nancy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The post from July 5, 2021 Tales of the Weekend will refresh your memory. NDN used go by the blog name Loosey Goosey because she was a man chaser.

      Delete
  5. Your Activity Director needs to up her game if that preprinted canvas is typical of what she has you guys do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe you me, it was an improvement over what the last one had to offer.

      Delete
  6. I took mine with several spoons of sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of Tea to spill. Name Dropper... I liked that Movie her Granddaughter was allegedly in. Now it makes me want to watch it again to see if some Kid is in it? *LOL* I did know a Gal at the DA's Office who had a Handsome Bestie who was an East Indian Gay Male Actor. He once went to a Party where Travolta and Wife were and had John invite him to a Threesome. That was long before Travolta Came Out as Bi... but the Tea spilled by my Friend didn't exactly Surprise me... and, her Friend was drop dead Gorgeous. No, he didn't take up the offer either. *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled the cast of that movie, and there is a child actress. That's quite the revelation about Travolta. Risky of him back in the day.

      Delete
  8. That's a lot of tea. I like your painting.
    My internet is finally fixed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tea cup runneth over last week. Not a drop this week.

      Delete