Sunday, June 30, 2024

Double Trouble

Little Stalker and two of her uncles arrived yesterday, so it’s going to once again be a rough few days for our Karen character, because they’re probably here through the 4th of July — walking up/down the stairs taking stalker to the pool, walking overhead in Talker’s unit.

I wasn’t caught off guard this time, knew she was coming when, checking FB to see if Red Light had posted photos of her birthday party yet (she hasn’t), I saw Talker had posted stalker et al were on their way via the Metrolink Train.

I don’t know what time they actually arrived, but little stalker couldn’t wait to hit the pool. I saw her headed that way at 7:30 p.m.

Hopefully, she’ll be more interested in the pool than knock knock knocking on my door.

For some time I’ve been thinking about blogging about having a second stalker, but wasn’t certain that I was imagining something that was not there.

The lady who lives in the downstairs unit beneath Next Door Neighbor has lived here some 8/9 years and during that time, various relatives lived with her, but mainly and consistently living there has been her loser son.

Late 20’s early 30’s, I don’t think he works, but sense he earns money through devious means while the mom retired, got bored, started a night job as security for a delivery service.

There’s been no problems out of the son, he seems nice enough, has sometimes helped Next Door Neighbor bring groceries up the stairs, and we speak when passing.

However, it was some time last year when I began to feel the son was watching me. That it was no coincidence that he would be sitting in his car at the end of the walkway on Monday, Wednesday and Friday about the time I’d leave for the Pain Cave, car backed into the space, so he could face the walkway, probably smoking funny stuff, watching me leave.

I’d always pretend I didn’t see him, try to tell myself I was imagining his sitting there coinciding with my schedule as purely coincidental, even when he had the headlights on in an attempt to draw attention to himself, let me know he was there.

THEN, last week, as I opened the door to head for the Pain Cave, there sat the enormous box the new exercise equipment arrived in.

”I can’t deal with this heavy thing right now”, I said to myself, left it where it was, headed out.

Neighbor’s son (let’s call him Compton, because he sometimes wears a cap with that logo) must have been in their unit watching and, knowing my schedule, waited for my return, because he came out, asked if the box was mine, did I need help getting it inside.

The box was so big that I thought I was going to have to use a box cutter, cut the box up in pieces on the landing, remove the insides piece by piece. So, I absolutely did need help and was grateful for the offer, even though I thought it weird he was watching/waiting for my return.

He lifted the box like it was nothing, placed it in the hallway.


I thanked him for the assist and, on the way out, he turned and asked "What is your name?".

Hmmmmmm?

His mom knows my name, but I told him and that was that except, I felt uneasy that night. So uneasy, that I made certain the burglar bars were in place on the patio window, the front door, and my self-defense tools were readily available next to the bed that night.

When I told Trainer about neighbor’s son — the sitting in the car watching, waiting/watching for my return to ask if I needed help, then bringing the box inside, Trainer immediately said, "I think you made a mistake".

Hmmmmmm?

That’s pretty telling that Trainer felt that way, especially after I’d had that uneasy feeling.

At any rate, I’ve not seen Compton since — not in the car, but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t been watching from inside his mom’s unit.

Then, this morning, heading out to drop off the trash, check mail, there was a note attached to my door. It was from Compton ……… "HEY COULD YOU GIVE ME A CALL/TEXT!!!!" and his number.

NO, I can’t/won’t.

Whatever he wants a call/text for, thereby have access to my telephone number, I want no parts of it.

If he’s looking for a sugar momma, he already has one ……… his mom.

If he’s looking for anything else ……… Dream On.

Hopefully, my not complying with his request will put an end to his watching — I don't need another stalker, and whatever else it is he had/has in mind.

20 comments:

  1. It may be nothing but if it makes you uneasy steer clear of him and don't engage at all.
    You reactions to him might very well be accurate so keep your distance and if it keeps up with him notify the dreaded Management.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it keeps up, I'll have a talk with his mama. Watch as she slaps him upside his head and makes him apologize.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, reading about Compton, he was borderline helpful-but-also-concerning until he asked for you to call/text him. That's a bit sus IMO.
    Listen to your gut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty nervy to think that bringing in a box should be any more than a thank you and be gone thing.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I wouldn't call or text him either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living with his mom, who works, he should be ashamed of himself.

      Delete
  4. Trust your feelings. I have found for myself they are usually right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ain't no reason for an early-30s man to want to build a relationship with someone old enough to be his grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or even to ask her to call/text him but you will recall that did happen here once. That's what happened between Meat Man's son (late 20's early 30's) and the resident in the blog I call Di (69 now). It ended badly with charges being brought against him. Perverts don't care how old you are.

      Delete
  6. That is rather suspect for him to leave a note asking you to call or text him. Looking for your number so he can keep texting probably. Hopefully he gets the message and leaves you alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing for sure is I'll never let anyone around here help me with anything again. Less complicated to struggle on my own.

      Delete
  7. Asking you to call him is bizarre. That’s no way to hook a sugar mama.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is barking up the wrong tree, you are too wise to get caught up with this loser! JanF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your spidey sense is probably right, and I would pay attention and go with it. He may just be a conscientious young man who wants to be of help to someone who could be his grandma. I'm hoping those types are still out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why management should be stricter about people violating lease agreements by allowing other unvetted persons to live with them. If we ever have residents' meetings again, I may bring it up as a safety issue.

      Delete
    2. Definitely bring it up! And I’d have to mention that note to his mama!

      Delete
    3. If he lets this go, I'll let it go. If he doesn't and backs me up against the wall, is when I'll get management and the mom involved. But, either way, I'll definitely bring up the issue of safety with all these ghost tenants the very next time we have a residents' meeting.

      Delete