Friday, June 28, 2024

Three-Day Weekend

No workout this morning. Trainer is coaching his fighting team at an out-of-town competition, asked if I could change my workout to yesterday, Thursday.

Of course I said sure, no problem, even though it meant I had to go beast mode — back-to-back workouts ……… Wednesday and then yesterday Thursday, the benefit being a three-day weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun).

I used this extra day to head out, donate the old crock pot and air fryer to the Salvation Army Store.

I’ve never shopped Salvation Army before, always donated but needed wanted a pair of distressed denim shorts for the Summer.

What got me to wanting was running across a pair that captured my fancy at the mall a few weeks ago, when I wasn't even looking or thinking about shorts.

Madden NYC $65.00

Unwilling to pay the $65 price tag, I thought I’d check inside Salvation Army when I got around to donating those appliances, look for an old pair of jeans that I could rip/shred/cut into a facsimile of those above.

Today was that day.

Inside the Salvation Army Store was very well organized. So well organized that I walked right up on a pair of distressed denim shorts — no need to destroy a pair of jeans, and was in/out in less than 10 minutes with my $3.50 purchase.

The shorts were a little loose in the caboose, so I was going to take them in. Deciding that was too much work, I remembered how, back in the day the old folks would shrink to fit jeans by boiling. So, I boiled the shorts, then put in a hot dryer to solidify a better fit.

$3.50

Not exactly like the Madden shorts, but cute and would cost just as much as the Maddens, if not more, new, in the mall, distressed to look old.

Pretty risqué for an 80-year-old lady you might think.

I always wear leggings, no reason; but I still have nice looking legs, can get away with this.

As for what’s going on in the complex ……… nothing insofar as I know. Except, TinTin has decorated her window with more stuff.

Before

Now

What is she hiding?

There’s got to be a logical explanation for covering the window in aluminum foil, cardboard, some sort of green fabric and a stick to keep the window from being opened from the outside.

I’ve seen TinTin out and about, we say good morning to each other and she doesn’t look cra cra. But you never know.

Red Light had a birthday party at her new place on Wednesday, called to invite me.

I used my gut issues as an excuse for saying thanks but no thanks, that I wouldn’t be able to eat or drink anything.

It's nice of her to want to continue contact, but nope.

Talker went to the party. I know this because Red Light told me Talker was coming.

She didn’t name any of the other attendees, like the Baker and Homegirl.

Red Light is a prolific Facebooker, so I thought I’d see how the party went, who was in attendance, on FB but nooo. Oddly enough, she hasn’t posted a thing.

However, there was something interesting on FB.


The responses were exactly as expected.

A bucket of dog 💩.

A spinal tap.

Another kidney infection.

Being in a killer snake pit while trying to chew through my own jugular.

Cats shitting outside the litterbox. Their messes are usually easier to clean up.

I need the aliens from Independence Day movies to come like yesterday.

A tooth growing out my gooch.

Dementia man.

A poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

A root canal, my first broken bone, liver and onions, a can of olives, the 130 lbs I lost, my last job and my mother back in my life.

Water boarding.

Teeth pulled without numbing.

Hot poker in the eye.

Dull knife cutting my arm off.

Using sandpaper as toilet paper.

I’m dealing with a pretty painful bout of diverticulitis right now. I can’t walk, I’m audibly groaning and writhing in pain. This is still preferable to another Trump presidency.

A stick with branches up my peephole.

Sharpened bamboo chutes being jammed underneath my fingernails ...... and in my eyes and in my ears and up my nose ...... and having my skin peeled off while conscious.

Having my appendix removed with a rusty spoon.

Crawling through broken glass that is on fire above a pool of crocodiles.

An old and imperfect Joe Biden.

There were many more such replies, but you get the drift.

16 comments:

  1. You are the Queen of Thrift! Congrats on the cool distressed shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shorts look better than Madden’s! Did boiling and hot dryer do the trick? Those thing45 responses are hilarious... and no exaggeration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boiling worked so well that I'm thinking of trying it on a few tank tops that have stretched out over time, rather than stitch a seam in them. You are correct about those responses being no exaggeration.

      Delete
  3. Think I'm going to a thrift store to find some new jeans and shorts that are already broken in to. Love the list. I still have my previous Biden buttons. If I wear my "Truth over Lies" one, will people understand? Biden looked pretty bouncy the next day at a rally speech. We should start a theory that DJT's team spiked Biden's drinking water eh? I thought he did pretty good for letting some of the lies bounce while he tried to answer questions. I hated how DJT used the next question to blab on about the previous one. Sent my donation to the Biden team! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Truth over Lies" would definitely be understood. As a bonus, it would piss off his supporters.

      Delete
  4. I used to buy sports coats at Goodwill for $1 or so; I still have a couple and wear them and proudly tell people they cost me a buck 25 years ago!

    I'd prefer anything to The Felon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now see why so many are into thrifting. In fact, I saw a couple checking out with items that looked like they were in business ..... purchasing home decor for pennies with the idea of selling for much more. Kinda taking advantage, but whatever. If I'm the Queen of Thrift, you are the King with 25 years of use from a $1 item.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the shorts! Any of those would be better than the Orange Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My preference would be getting married again. Opting to go through all that hell over thing 45 again.

      Delete
  6. People who shop Goodwill and the Salvation Army almost daily can find some great buys. You sure scored will! Love that list of alternatives to Trump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reading about expensive designer outfits being found in those stores. The latest being a Vera Wang wedding dress that generally goes for thousands of dollars. Daily sees a lot of work, but worth it. Only took me 10 minutes, LOL.

      Delete
  7. Did the boiling/hot dryer work? I'd never heard of that before. Great thrift find!
    I'm very curious about Tin Tin's window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boiling did work. I'm wearing them now and they fit and feel great. I have two pairs of leggings I no longer wear because they've stretched out. I'm going to try boiling to see if they tighten up but have a feeling they'll probably shrink to child size, but it's worth a try.

      Delete
  8. I love that you are 80 and will wear the distressed shorts. I am a few months younger than you are and I remember when I was growing up no woman our age would have been seen in jeans! Can we see a photo please? JanF

    ReplyDelete