Friday, February 2, 2024

You Have the Right to Remain Silent

Our friend the Catalyst has been posting AI images of himself in different roles — his fantasy lives.

My fantasy life would be that of an FBI Profiler.

I imagine that would be a difficult occupation for AI to image. So, I settled for a role where I got to ride a hog, carry handcuffs and give perps their Miranda rights.

"You Have the Right to Remain Silent"

The character in Game of Thrones I most admired, another fantasy life, would be the fierce Brienne.

Also not AI available, so I'd have to settle for a lesser fierce character, Daenerys Targaryen, The Mother of Dragons.

"Dracarys!!"

Other than playing around with AI this afternoon, I’m gagging over the February Activity Calendar, posted to our doors an hour or so ago.

I refer to it as the "Activity Calendar" even though actual activities are rarely mentioned.

There are quite a few interesting notation on the calendar. One being “Friendly reminder only outdoor furniture should be placed on your patio/balcony”.

There’s only one patio that has a dresser drawer on the patio, so no one has to think long and hard as to who this note is meant for.

Why they don’t just call TinTin and tell her to get the damn thing off the patio, I don’t know, but I’ll be on the lookout for if and when she complies.

There's also the notation "Clubhouse is temporarily closed for repairs".

Inasmuch as I didn’t see any repairs going on, just the smell of paint, my guess is Manager is probably stretching the closure out, dragging her heels in order to punish Red Light for so often challenging her and/or as revenge for whatever it was she’d overheard Red Light and Homegirl say about her, that time when she was watching them on video and listening in.

At any rate, Thank the Lord for Manager dragging her heels for whatever reason. Gives me more time to find my big girl panties.

There’s also mention of that intrusive survey — the one where I went rogue, tossed in the trash rather than fill out.

Evidently not everyone went rogue, because management is thanking those that "took the time to complete".

As to how many "took the time", could be just one resident for all I know.

Evidently, there was a bribe associated with completing the survey, because the thank you goes on to say "We would like to congradulate (sic) WD for being our winner!" … WD being the Nice Old Guy upstairs across the quad.

I’d like to take a big red marker, cross off "congradulate" correct it to "congratulate" and surreptitiously drop it off, if I didn’t think they’d surely go to the trouble of checking the document for prints, or recognize my handwriting, or catch me on video dropping it off, LOL.

At any rate, next time I see Nice Old Guy around, I’ll have to ask what he won. I’m guessing a $25 gift card for the corner market.

There’s also a note "Community meetings are coming soon! Dates to be announced".

Long time readers will recall the good old days when we had those meetings where residents could somewhat vent frustrations towards management.

It’s been years, so I can’t but wonder what brought this on but, once again a guess, this time it will probably be more of management going hard, telling us what they’re going to do, less residents venting.

Can’t wait to see how it goes.

12 comments:

  1. Public venting? Oh my, could be entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were times when it was, but that's when we had my old buddy Apache taking them to task.

      Delete
  2. I’d like to “congradulate” Management are living up to their reputation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤣 Good One for you, not the only one for management. I stopped counting after congradulate and Presidents's Day.

      Delete
  3. The Bribes would have to be really good ones to get me to participate. Perhaps dragging of Feet will go long and you can remain Commando and sans the Big Girl Panties? *Winks* I like the AI of you in both Scenarios. Public Venting can be Interesting... I'm not fond of Meetings of any kind tho', now I'm out of the Corporate Grind I find them completely unnecessary. I never found many to be as Productive that it was worth my Time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can't afford what it would have taken to bribe me into complying with that survey, turn over my personal info.

      Delete
  4. I love it when this place sends out tenant surveys. I always fill them out and let them know exactly how I feel. I don't care if they're anonymous or not since I sign my name in case they want to ask me anything about what I've said. LOL

    Don't ask if you really don't want to know.

    Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long time ago, they sent out a survey on management, but it wasn't anonymous, had our names and unit numbers, so I wasn't falling for that trap.

      Delete
  5. All the more reasons to live in a fantasy world. I like your two images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks for asking. Things are okay in my area, but I know not to travel far because I saw "flood" signs going up in advance to indicate spots where flooding would occur.

      Delete