Thursday, February 29, 2024

Fake Day

Also known as Leap Day and the last day to wear my Colors ...... the Black History Month tops I purchased last year.

Long Sleeved Sweatshirt for Cold Days

Short Sleeved Tee for Moderate Days

Because I art myself through makeup and clothing, tomorrow I'll be painting my nails green, pull from the closet my four-leaf clover tee and locate that tube of green lipstick.

Coming back from yesterday’s workout, I got a good look at the damage done to the carport area by that tow truck driver.


Tow Guy chewed up the wood pretty good, but it doesn’t appear to be enough damage to bring down the carport.

I imagine significant scraping damage was done to the paint job on the jeep, maybe even an indentation.

Curious to know if the jeep’s owner can sue the tow company for damage, I asked Google.

The answer was yes "A towing company must use reasonable care when towing and storing your car. If it fails to act as a reasonably prudent towing company in the same and similar circumstances and damages your car or your property inside it, you may be able to sue for negligence".

Inasmuch as management has a contract with the tow company, I imagine there's some liability on the part of management. However, inasmuch as the jeep's owner, and his gaggle of guys weren't to be living here, I don't see the resident housing them allowing anyone to make a big deal of the jeep's damage for fear of eviction in retaliation.

Worst case scenario, and I wouldn't put it past management, is to have the damaged wood repaired and bill the resident.

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It doesn't get more in your face than that sentiment..

      Delete
  2. If you remember, I love that green lipstick! Please post pics!! I would imagine there's some 'issues' with all those people allegedly living in that unit. I would think the owner(s) of that jeep would be hesitant to sue anyone...keeping it on the downlow. Keep us posted if you hear any outcomes.
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't smart of those guys to lose their cool at the tow truck guy, come out and expose the living situation.

      Delete
  3. Your shirts are great and you Model them well my Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Ms. Shirley, I just LOVE those shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your Blackity Black Black T-shirt. I would want to wear that to death, except that wouldn’t be appropriate in my case. You sure are a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad cultural appropriation can get one hurt, because I myself would laugh my arse off were I to see you wearing that shirt.

      Delete
  6. I, too, love the Blackity Black Black shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are rockin those shirts! The pain cave should make a poster out of that second picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I'll tell Trainer, but he'd probably be worried about getting cancelled.

      Delete
  8. I don't think I've ever seen green lipstick on anyone. Does it actually look green on your lips or turn some other color like the old mood rings?

    I like your shirts. I'll bet you get a lot of comments while wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually green. I used it last year around this time and posted here https://bootsandbraids.blogspot.com/2023/03/recalculating.html.

      Delete
  9. Happy March. Love the shirts!
    Just read up on the Jeep drama. Never a dull moment around there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. At least the car port won't be falling down. Love your shirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad my car was parked further down the row so, if he had pulled that section down, my jeep would have likely escaped damage.

      Delete